List of schools in Nicaragua
The following is a list of schools in Nicaragua.
- Deutsche Schule Managua
- St. Augustine Preparatory School
- American Nicaraguan School
- Colegio Centro América
- Colegio LatinoAmericano
- Colegio Parroquial Cristo del Rosario
- French American School
- Instituto Loyola
- Lincoln International Academy
- Nicaragua Christian Academy
- Colegio San Pablo Apostol-Granada
- Colegio Calasanz de Managua
Spanish Language Schools
- APC Spanish School, Palacio de la Cultura Joaquín Pasos Argüello – Central Park, Granada, Nicaragua
- Altagracia Spanish School
- Casa Xalteva Spanish school in Granada, located on Calle real Xalteva, Casa #103.
- Spanish Language Schools in Nicaragua
- Dariana Spanish School in Leon
- Nicaragua Spanish Schools, Managua
- Nicaragua Explorer - Spanish Schools Nicaragua
- Ave Nicaraguita - Spanish Schools in Nicaragua
- Experience Nicaragua - Nicaragua Spanish Schools
- Apoyo Spanish School
- La Mariposa Spanish School and Eco-Hotel - A non-profit project that uses edu-tourism to support local communities.
- SOL Spanish School in Granada Nicaragua
- One on One Tutoring Spanish School. The oldest and most experienced Spanish school in Granada. Established on April 16th. 1996
- Nicaragua Spanish Language Schools NSLS
- Viva Spanish School Managua
- Mombacho Spanish School in Granada, Nicaragua.
- Casa Nica Spanish School in Granada, Nicaragua located on Calle Cuiscoma.
- Pie de Gigante Spanish School - Playa Gigante, Nicaragua.
Nicaragua has a number of Spanish-language school located throughout the country. The main locations of interest in Nicaragua to study Spanish are Managua, Granada, Masaya, Ometepe, San Juan Del Sur, Matagalpa, Esteli and Leon. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. Where you study depends on your needs and your preferred environment (i.e. rural or city).
The oldest continuously operating Spanish school in Nicaragua is Apoyo Spanish School founded in 1992. Viva Spanish School and Managua Nicaragua Spanish School (part of NSLS) are the most well-known schools in the capitol as they work with most of the NGOs, missionary groups and embassy employees in the capitol, as well as with tourists. Nicaragua Spanish Language Schools (NSLS) also has schools in Leon, Granada, Esteli and San Juan Del Sur. A couple of notable other schools are La Mariposa Eco-Hotel and Spanish School Project in San Juan de la Concepcion just outside La Concha and the Apoyo Spanish School located at the Laguna de Apoyo. Both of these are self-funded by the revenues that are brought in by the Spanish instruction that they offer, and Apoyo Spanish School is operated by a registered not-for-profit organization, the Nicaraguan Foundation for Integral Community Development (FUNDECI), which exists since 1973. As a Nicaraguan registered foundation, all proceeds to the Apoyo Spanish School are destined to social and environmental projects in Nicaragua. La Mariposa, constructed in 2005 using a mixture of unsustainable materials like volcanic rock (it is illegal to mine volcanic rock in Nicaragua) and sustainable materials like caña and furnished with local artisan work, uses revenue from its Spanish School and eco-hotel to employ an average of forty Nicaraguan workers and support several community projects. La Mariposa was written up in Nicaragua Magazine as one of the 'Best Spanish Schools in Nicaragua' and is highly rated on TripAdvisor.com. Leon Spanish School offers classes in downtown Leon. It is interesting to note that "Nicaragua Spanish Schools" was originally a development project started in 1995, which developed the three leading Spanish schools in the NSS program from 1997 to 2006, at which time the schools were turned over to local ownership. The NSS program was copied in name, material, process, in all manner throughout the propagation of offshoot schools which now populate Nicaragua. See http://nssmga.net/Spanish_Schools_Nicaragua.htm for a partial list of active Spanish schools in Nicaragua which includes many run by former NSS program administrators and teachers.
Nicaragua is a "less-traveled country" for Spanish instruction but is thought of by many as a good place to learn the language because of its lack of heavy tourist influence, leaving the country speaking almost 100% Spanish. Students tend to get more immersion than they would in typical tourist cities in more economically advanced countries. Nicaragua is known as the safest country in Central America. It is also the poorest country in Central America and the second poorest country in the western hemisphere. The following are links to the schools that have websites: http://nssmga.net http://casaxalteva.org http://www.gaianicaragua.org http://www.mariposaspanishschool.com http://www.leonnicaraguaspanishschool.com http://www.spanishschoolsnicaraguaexplorer.com http://www.lagunadeapoyo.blogspot.com http://www.spanish1on1.net http://www.vivaspanishschool.com http://www.nicaraguaspanishschools.org http://www.experiencenicaragua.net
- "The Mariposa Spanish School and Eco-Hotel | Ecotourism | Green Blogs". Earthtimes.org. 2011-08-13. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- Malcolm Dean (2007-05-03). "Exploring an eco hotel in Nicaragua | Travel | guardian.co.uk". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- Mara Statnekov: Statnekov Internet Consulting. "Community Projects - La Mariposa Spanish School & Eco-Hotel in Nicaragua". Mariposaspanishschool.com. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- January 4, 2012 (2012-01-04). "Best Spanish Schools in Nicaragua – La Mariposa Spanish School | Nicaragua Magazine Online". Nicaragua-magazine.com. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "La Mariposa Spanish School and Eco Hotel (Masaya, Nicaragua): See 145 Reviews and 128 Photos". TripAdvisor. 2011-04-03. Retrieved 2012-05-06.