List of Sites of Special Scientific Interest in Norfolk
The following is a list of Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs) in Norfolk, England. In England the body responsible for designating SSSIs is Natural England, which chooses a site because of its fauna, flora, geological or physiographical features.
As of May 2014 there were 162 SSSIs within Norfolk. 130 are biological, 29 geological and 3 both biological and geological.
For other counties, see List of SSSIs by Area of Search.
- A Partly in Suffolk.
- B Grid reference is based on the British national grid reference system, also known as OSGB36, and is the system used by the Ordnance Survey.
- C Those SSSIs with more than one OS grid reference are composed of multiple sections, separated by non-SSSI land.
- D Site notification consists of designating a site as an SSSI and consulting with the owner(s). This list uses the date notified under Section 28 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.
- E Link to maps using the Magic Map service provided by Natural England.
- F Data rounded to one decimal place (except where only whole numbers are supplied).
- G Partly in Lincolnshire.
- How are SSSIs designated, Natural England. Retrieved 2013-01-18.
- Search results for Norfolk, Natural England. Retrieved 8 May 2014."Guide to National Grid". Ordnance Survey. Retrieved 2008-02-21.