List of Sites of Special Scientific Interest in Northamptonshire
The following is a list of Sites of Special Scientific Interest in Northamptonshire. As of 2014, there are 57 sites designated within this area of search, 48 for their biological interest and 9 for their geological interest. The data in this table is taken from Natural England's website in the form of citation sheets for each SSSI.
- A Data rounded to one decimal place.
- B Grid reference is based on the British national grid reference system, also known as OSGB36, and is the system used by the Ordnance Survey.
- C Those SSSIs with more than one OS grid reference are composed of multiple sections, separated by non-SSSI land.
- D Site notification consists of designating a site as an SSSI and consulting with the owner(s). This list uses the date notified under Section 28 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.
- E Link to maps using the Magic Map service provided by Natural England.
- Natural England citation sheets for each SSSI. Retrieved on 23 June 2014. (PDF files).
- "Search results for Northamptonshire". Natural England.
- "Guide to National Grid". Ordnance Survey. Retrieved 2008-02-21.