List of Sites of Special Scientific Interest in Oxfordshire
The following is a list of Sites of Special Scientific Interest in Oxfordshire, a county in South East England. It has an area of 2,605 square kilometres and a population of 648,700. In England, the body responsible for designating SSSIs is Natural England, which is responsible for protecting England's natural environment. Notification as an SSSI gives legal protection to the best sites for wildlife and geology. As of 2011, there are 110 SSSIs in this Area of Search, 76 of which have been designated for biological interest, 27 for geological interest, and 7 for both biological and geological interest.
For other counties, see List of SSSIs by Area of Search.
The data in the table is taken from English Nature's website in the form of citation sheets for each SSSI.
- A Data rounded to one decimal place.
- B Grid reference is based on the British national grid reference system, also known as OSGB36, and is the system used by the Ordnance Survey.
- C Those SSSIs with more than one OS grid reference are composed of multiple sections, separated by non-SSSI land.
- D This list uses the date notified under Section 28 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.
- E Link to maps using the Nature on the Map service provided by Natural England.
- Natural England, Sites of Special Scientific Interest, The designation process
- Natural England, Sites of Special Scientific Interest, Search results for Oxfordshireshire
- Natural England citation sheets for each SSSI. Retrieved on 2011-12-06. (PDF files).
- "Guide to National Grid". Ordnance Survey. Retrieved 2011-11-30.