List of Strike Witches characters
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008)|
The Strike Witches mixed-media project features an extensive cast of characters created by Humikane Shimada. The series takes place in an alternate Earth within the mid-20th century and revolves around a group of teenage girls who use machines equipped to their legs known as Striker Units to do aerial combat. The characters are named after real-life pilots whilst their Striker Units are based on actual aircraft.
The main character of the manga and anime series is Yoshika Miyafuji, and the main character of the light novel series is Tomoko Anabuki, both of whom are witches from the Fuso Empire. In the anime and manga series, Yoshika joins the 501st Joint Fighter Wing, an international military squadron which also includes Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke, Mio Sakamoto, Charlotte E. "Shirley" Yeager, Lynette Bishop, Perrine H. Clostermann, Erica Hartmann, Gertrud Barkhorn, Francesca Lucchini, Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen, and Sanya V. Litvyak. In the light novel series, Tomoko joins the Suomus Independent Volunteer Aerial Squadron, another international squadron which also includes Haruka Sakomizu, Elizabeth F. Beurling, Katharine O'Hare, Ursula Hartmann, Elma Leivonen and Giuseppina Cenni. Together, the squadrons fight against the Neuroi, an alien race that threatens the universe.
501st Joint Fighter Wing
The protagonists of the anime are part of the 501st Joint Fighter Wing (連合軍第501統合戦闘航空団 Rengōgundan Daigohyakuichi Tōgō Sentō Kōkū Dan?), a multinational team of 11 soldiers commanded by Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke.
- Yoshika Miyafuji (宮藤 芳佳 Miyafuji Yoshika?)
- Voiced by: Misato Fukuen (Japanese), Cherami Leigh (English)
- Yoshika is the 14-year-old protagonist of Strike Witches, hailing from the Fusō Empire. A typical young girl who comes from a family of clinicians who use their magic powers to heal people, Due to of her drive to help people in need, Yoshika's power grants her the ability to heal most injuries at a rate faster and more effective than most witches. Consequently, she also serves as the unofficial squadron medic, on hand ready to heal any injuries the other squadron members might suffer in combat and also deploy as a first-responder paramedic in an emergency. Furthermore, Yoshika's power allows her to erect a magic shield bigger and more powerful than most witches as well, big enough to entirely shield a flying boat that was transporting her and Mio to Romagna from a large-type Neuroi ambush. Yoshika is also able to concentrate her power into a smaller but more powerful shield and use it as a battering ram of sorts that is able to pierce through a Neuroi with a hardened body. Yoshika gains the features of a mame-shiba when using said power.
- Before the events of the series, her father Ichirō designs the Striker Units the Strike Witches use to fight. However, because of her father's death in the war she is vehemently against fighting when Mio Sakamoto appears to recruit her. After helping to defend the Fusō fleet heading to Britannia from a Neuroi attack does, she decides to join the 501st, entering with the rank of Sergeant. Yoshika has a talent for cooking, but tends to care more about her food's health benefits than its taste, such as when she introduced the other Witches to nattō. Yoshika carries a type 99 aircraft cannon along with a M712 in battle. Her Striker Unit is modeled after the Mitsubishi A6M Zero, later a Kyushu J7W "Shinden" and she is based on the ace Kaneyoshi Mutō. Eventually, Yoshika loses her magical powers while stopping the Neuroi threat in Romagna, where she is promoted to the rank of Ensign. However, in Strike Witches: The Movie, she manages to regain her powers and reunite with her teammates. In the Maidens of the Heavens manga, she has a small gray dog as a familiar. In battle, she uses a Type 99 cannon and Mauser C6.
- Mio Sakamoto (坂本 美緒 Sakamoto Mio?)
- Voiced by: Saeko Chiba (2007-2010), Saori Seto (2010-present) (Japanese), Kira Vincent-Davis (English)
- Mio is the first Strike Witch and sub-commander of the unit, with the rank of Major. Mio is also the oldest witch in the 501st at 19 years old and, as with Yoshika Miyafuji, comes from Fusō. She is seemingly the toughest and most mature of the Witches, being an experienced veteran of the early fighting against the Neuroi. Years before the events of the series, she befriends Yoshika's father Ichirō while he is first designing the Striker Unit and becomes the first person to pilot one. Her usual task is to train new recruits, and in this role she becomes a very strict disciplinarian, appropriately gaining the ears and tail of a Doberman when equipped with her Striker. Otherwise she is quite friendly, if a little too forward at times, with a very distinct laugh. Under Mio's eyepatch is a magic eye that grants her increased visual prowess and the ability to spot Neuroi cores when used. Being in her older teens, Mio's magical power has declined too far for her to erect effective shields in combat, however she can still fly and use her magical eye. She carries a type 99 aircraft cannon into a battle along with a magical katana strapped to her back capable of cutting apart giant Neuroi. In the second season, she builds herself an enhanced katana called the Reppumaru that can cut through Neuroi beams to compensate for the lack of shields. However, the sword drains a substantial amount of magic, shortening her lifespan as a Witch. Her Striker Unit is based on the Mitsubishi A6M Zero, later a Kawanishi N1K "Shiden-kai" and she herself is based on Saburō Sakai. Mio eventually loses her magical powers, ending her career as a witch as a result. In Strike Witches: The Movie, she assists Yoshika while piloting a biplane.
- Mio's voice was done by Saeko Chiba in 2007 until 2010 and Saori Seto in 2010.
- Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke (ミーナ・ディートリンデ・ヴィルケ Mīna Dītorinde Viruke?)
- Voiced by: Rie Tanaka (Japanese), Anastasia Munoz (English)
- Minna is the 18-year-old leader of the 501st Joint Fighter Wing from Karlsland with the rank of Commander. Minna has a sisterly air that shows her concern for those under her command. Whether in or out of battle, her first priority is the safety of her subordinates. Her more gentle demeanor means that she often acts as the "good cop" to Mio Sakamoto's "bad cop" when it comes to discipline. She also has a talent for singing, wanting to become a professional before she joins the war effort before the beginning of the series. However, she gives up that dream when her lover is killed in battle. Out of fear from losing anybody else, Minna gives an order prohibiting the male workers on the base from having unauthorized contact with the witches. She is also rather protective of Mio, usually standing in her way whenever she tries something reckless. Alluding to her namesake, Minna gains wolf features when equipped for combat. Her power grants her enhanced spatial awareness, allowing her to pinpoint the precise location and number of objects in a wide area of space. Her affiliation is the Karlsland JG 3 Luftwaffe. During combat she arms herself with an MG 42. Her Striker Unit model is the Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-2, later a Messershmitt Bf 109 K-4, and her ace pilot archetype is Wolf-Dietrich Wilcke.
- Lynette Bishop (リネット・ビショップ Rinetto Bishoppu?)
- Voiced by: Kaori Nazuka (Japanese), Kate Bristol (English)
- Lynette, also called "Lynne", is the only Witch in the 501st who is native to the Britannian Commonwealth. As the middle child of eight siblings, Lynette develops very domestic and practical habits from helping to take care of them. Similarly domestic is the Scottish Fold, from which her Striker-equipped animal features are based. Plagued by occasional clumsiness and sometimes overlooked, she nevertheless strives to do her best. After meeting Yoshika Miyafuji, the two eventually become best friends. Lynnette holds the rank of Master Sergeant and her affiliation is the Britannian Air Force 610th Fighter Squadron. Her armaments are a Mk. I Boys anti-tank rifle and a Bren light machine gun. She serves as the squadron's sharpshooter and possesses an ability to supercharge magic power into shots she fires. Her Striker Unit is based on the Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX, later a Supermarine Spitfire Mk 22, and her pilot archetype is unclear, but is likely one of the children of Billy Bishop, who is the pilot archetype for Minnie Bishop, Lynette's mother. Lynette also has an older sister, Wilma, who is also a Strike Witch, and likely based on Billy Bishop's son, Arthur.
- Perrine H. Clostermann (ペリーヌ・クロステルマン Perīnu Kurosuteruman?)
- Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro (Japanese), Jad Saxton (English)
- Perrine is a wealthy and proper 15-year-old heiress to a powerful and influential Gallian family who looks down on some of the less-refined habits of her peers. This haughtiness though hides a softer, more considerate personality and she really does care for the safety of her colleagues. Years before the series' present, the Neuroi's conquest of her homeland traumatizes her and has caused her numerous problems at times. She often refuses to work as part of a team, and develops a dislike for Yoshika Miyafuji due to her attachment to Mio Sakamoto. This eventually develops into full-blown jealousy, causing her to challenge Yoshika to a duel. Over time, Perrine is able to warm up considerably to Yoshika, albeit that she still acts haughty whenever Yoshika does things or acts in a manner she considers less refined. Perrine feels that she is responsible for the reconstruction and rehabilitation of Gallia after its liberation from the Neuroi and contributes her entire salary towards this end. She has also donated the use of her ancestral lands for agriculture and family castle as a school and sanctuary for children orphaned by the war. When wearing her Striker Unit, she gains the dark ears and tail of a Chartreux. Perrine holds the rank of First Lieutenant and her original unit was the Forces Aériennes Galliaises Libres 602nd Flying Corps. She carries a rapier in artwork, which briefly appeared on episode 9 of the second season as an heirloom from her family. She also uses a Bren light machine gun. She has a lightning based spell called Tonnerre which can strike down multiple targets. Her Striker Unit is based on the Arsenal VG-39 and she is named after Pierre Clostermann.
- Erica Hartmann (エーリカ・ハルトマン Ērika Harutoman?)
- Voiced by: Sakura Nogawa (Japanese), Luci Christian (English)
- Erica is Karlsland's 16-year-old "ultra ace" of the Luftwaffe JG 52 with more than 200 confirmed victories and the rank of Captain. While extremely efficient and strategic in battle, Erica is very messy with her belongings and often neglects cleaning chores. She is very slack, has a nonchalant attitude for military discipline and is the type of person who is only serious when the situation calls for it. Consequently, she is the frequent target of the strait-laced Barkhorn's disciplinary lectures but she normally ignores and tune it out. Her special technique is an offensive barrel roll named Sturm which manipulates gusts of ether to attack enemies.In the movie, Hartmann has been seen combining her Sturm ability with Perrine's Tonnerre attack, creating an attack which more than double their effectiveness. With her Striker Unit equipped, Erica gains Dachshund features. Her armaments are the MG 42 and a MP 40. Her Striker Unit is based on the Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6, later a Messerschmitt Bf 109 K-4, and her ace archetype is Erich Hartmann.
- Gertrud Barkhorn (ゲルトルート・バルクホルン Gerutorūto Barukuhorun?)
- Voiced by: Mie Sonozaki (Japanese), Stephanie Sheh (English)
- Gertrud is an 18-year-old Witch originating from Karlsland with the rank of Captain formerly of the Luftwaffe JG 52. Quiet, efficient, and private, Gertrud (known as "Trude" to her friends) tends to support her comrades from the shadows. Her naturally calm attitude grants her great battlefield stamina, allowing her to rack up an impressive shot-down tally. A long-time acquaintance of Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke and Erica Hartmann, she is often seen supporting the former in her leadership tasks and chastising the latter for her sloppiness. In the second season, Barkhorn divided her room, which she shares with Hartmann, straight down the middle with a picket fence which she dubs her Siegfried Line to separate her side of the room from Hartmann's messy, unruly side. She has a younger sister named Christine Barkhorn who was badly injured during the Neuroi invasion of her country and vaguely resembles Yoshika Miyafuji, and she often has a complete change in personality whenever she is brought up. Her magical power grants her the most physical strength of all the Witches to the extent where she can lift a steel girder many times her size. In flight she gains the features of a German Wirehaired Pointer. For battle her armament consists of an MG 42, MG 131, or MG 151 which she dual wields. Her Striker Unit is based on the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 D-6 Prototype, later a Focke-Wulf Fw 190 D-9, and she is based on Gerhard Barkhorn. She briefly flew a jet striker based on the Messerschmitt Me 262 armed with two twin-linked MK 108 30mm autocannon and a single BK 5 50mm anti-armor cannon. It was much faster and heavily armed but drained magic at a dangerous rate.
- Francesca Lucchini (フランチェスカ・ルッキーニ Furanchesuka Rukkīni?)
- Voiced by: Chiwa Saitō (Japanese), Trina Nishimura (English)
- Lucchini is the youngest soldier of the 501st at 12 years old, having joined the unit from the Duchy of Romagna. With a rank of Ensign, her unit affiliation was with Romagna's Sovrana Aeronautica Romagniana 4th Air Unit. Lucchini is often childish and self-indulgent, shirking training and other duties in order to have fun around the base or nap. However, in battle she displays a true talent and passion for flying. Also displayed are the ears and tail of a black leopard. She is good friends with the similarly casual Charlotte Yeager, often pairing with her in battle where she is thrown at high speed to defeat Neuroi. She has a tendency to occasionally speak in a sing-song tone. During battles she carries a M1919 A6, Breda-SAFAT 12.7 mm machine gun, or Beretta Model 1938A. She has the power to concentrate energy into a point in front of her, and release it in one powerful burst. Working with her best friend Charlotte Yeager, who throws her, she can use this ability to greatly damage an enemy. Her Striker Unit is based on the Fiat G.55 Centauro, and her ace archetype is Franco Lucchini.
- Charlotte E. Yeager (シャーロット・E・イエーガー Shārotto Ī Iēgā?)
- Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu (Japanese), Jamie Marchi (English)
- Charlotte, also called "Shirley" (シャーリー Shārī?), is a 16-year-old girl hailing from the United States of Liberion with the rank of Flight Lieutenant. Magnanimous in character, tall and buxom in appearance, Charlotte is a thrill-seeker who is fascinated by speed. Like a speedy hare, she gains the ears and tail of a rabbit when equipped with her Striker, possibly alluding to model and photographer Bunny Yeager. Concerned with cleanliness, Charlotte has her personal bath transported to the Strike Witches' Britannia base when she is transferred from the Liberion Army 363rd Fighter Wing years before the events of the series. In combat her armament can consist of a M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle, Thompson M1 A1, or Colt Government M1911 A1; also depicted carrying a Bowie knife. The North American P-51D Mustang serves as the basis for her Striker Unit that she nicknames Merlin, while Charlotte is based on Chuck Yeager. Her magical ability allows her to enhance her Striker Unit's performance and increase her airspeed exponentially, giving her the responsibility to pursue and destroy high-speed Neurois. As with her namesake, Charlotte becomes the first person to break the sound barrier making her the fastest Witch ever. Before joining the 501st, she also establishes herself as a motorcycle racer who breaks the land speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats using a modified Indian motorcycle identical to one used by legendary New Zealand speed bike racer Burt Munro in the 1950s.
- Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen (エイラ・イルマタル・ユーティライネン Eira Irumataru Yūtirainen?)
- Voiced by: Ayuru Ōhashi (Japanese), Caitlin Glass (English)
- Eila is the 15-year-old top-ranking ace of the Suomus Air Force 24th Unit with the rank of Ensign (although the three roses on her collar would indicate the rank of captain). Eila's hobby is fortune-telling with tarot cards, although the accuracy of her predictions is questionable at best. In battle however, she literally has the magical power of seeing into the future, allowing her to evade incoming attacks with ease. Somewhat mischievous, like the black fox whose features she gains in flight. She is particularly affectionate towards Sanya Litvyak and becomes cold to anyone who comes too close to her, this usually being Yoshika Miyafuji. In combat her weapons of choice are the MG42 and Suomi M1931 submachine gun. Eila's Striker Unit is based on the Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-2, later a Messerschmitt Bf 109 K-4, and she is based on Eino Ilmari Juutilainen. She has an older sister named Aurora E. Juutilainen, based on Eino's older brother, Aarne Edward Juutilainen. Her middle name may be based on the Ilmatar of Finnish mythology.
- Sanya V. Litvyak (サーニャ・V・リトヴャク Sānya Bui Ritovyaku?)
- Voiced by: Mai Kadowaki (Japanese), Jennifer Forrester (English)
- Sanya, whose real name is Alexandra Vladimirovna Litvyak (アレクサンドラ・ウラジミーロヴナ・リトヴャク Arekusandora Urajimīrovuna Ritovyaku?), is the sole Witch in the 501st out of the Orussian Empire at 13 years old. Preferring to stay indoors during the day, Sanya has been described as "nocturnal." At times she is literally asleep on her feet, counting on Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen to move her around. She has a habit of stumbling into Eila's room to fall asleep in after missions. Despite this somewhat limiting her contact with the other members of the 501st, her low profile makes her ideal for night missions. Also helping her in this duty is her magical specialty, the ability to read signals such as radio waves that are invisible to the naked eye, giving her a highly advanced spatial awareness. Sanya gains the ears and tail of a black cat with her Striker Unit equipped. The green brackets that form around Sanya's head are reminiscent of the Lichtenstein radar antennae found on night fighters during World War II, further reinforcing her nocturnal nature. Sanya's rank is Lieutenant and her original unit affiliation is the Orussian Imperial Army 586th Fighter Regiment. Her weapon of choice is a modified Fliegerfaust called the "Fliegerhammer." Her Striker Unit design is based on the MiG-60 (a fictional warbird combining features of the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-1 and MiG-3, and Yakovlev Yak-1), later a MiG I-225 (a fictional warbird based mainly on the MiG-3), and her pilot archetype is Lydia Litvyak. Sanya is often key in special missions and is one of the more powerful witches despite her relatively small role played in the fighting in the day. The reason Sanya cannot fight in the day is due to the fact that when the witches fly they use up "Magic power" this power is used to power their "Striker Units" which give them the ability to fly. Sanya uses up her magic in the all night patrol and is therefore rarely involved in daylight missions and only is when it is pre-planned or is of utmost importance.
Suomus Independent Volunteer Aerial Squadron
- Tomoko Anabuki (穴拭 智子 Anabuki Tomoko?)
- Tomoko is the main protagonist of the light novel series. An ace dogfighter from the Fusō Empire, she rose to fame after the initial Neuroi probing attack in the Fusō sea in 1937, where she shot down 7 enemy fighters. She was expecting to get deployed to the frontlines in Karlsland, but was ordered to Suomus instead. She is based on Satoru Anabuki.
- Haruka Sakomizu (迫水 ハルカ Sakomizu Haruka?)
- Also from the Fusō Empire, Haruka is stationed in a naval air flotilla. She is enamored with Tomoko Anabuki, but her low self-esteem causes her problems. She is based on Takeo Tanimizu.
- Elizabeth F. Beurling (エリザベス・F・ビューリング Erizabesu Effu Byūringu?)
- Elizabeth is the number 1 trouble-making insubordinate member of the Britannian Air Force. Considered to be a loose cannon compared to everyone else, Elizabeth was to be executed for her constant insubordination and nature by the Britannian military brass. She is considered to have a rather gloomy personality with a slightly suicidal streak and often has a bit of a depressed side to her but shows supports for Tomoko Anabuki on her decisions in spite of her insubordinate personality. She also has a close relationship with Hannah Rudel and Wilma Bishop whom were both drinking buddies. Elizabeth wields a Kukri in battle. She is based on George Beurling.
- Katharine O'Hare (キャサリン・オヘア Kyasarin Ohea?)
- Hailing from Texas in the United States of Liberion, Katherine is a real airhead dunce. She was transferred over after the Liberion Navy thought she could use some experience over at Sumous rather than dragging her forces down due to her rookie tactics. Despite her inexperience she helps to do her best to keep her team in high spirits. In spite of her cheerfulness, her inability to grasp other cultures except her own may occasionally negate her efforts to befriend others. Katherine is based on Edward O'Hare.
- Ursula Hartmann (ウルスラ・ハルトマン Urusura Harutoman?)
- Voiced by: Sakura Nogawa (Japanese), Luci Christian (English)
- Hailing from Karlsland, Ursula is the twin sister of the 501st's Erica Hartmann. The youngest in the squadron at 10 years of age, all she does is read and tries to learn everything according to Karlsland doctrines. She eventually uses her research into rocketry to design the Fliegerhammer prototype that Sanya will use. She also appears in episode 4 of the second anime season. She is named after Erich Hartmann's wife Ursula.
- Elma Leivonen (エルマ・レイヴォネン Eruma Reivonen?)
- A native of Suomus, Elma is nervous, extremely timid, and inexperienced. Initially assigned as the squadron commander of the Suomus Independent Volunteer Air Squadron, she however lacks initiative and often defers to Tomoko.
- Giuseppina Cenni (ジュゼッピーナ・チュインニ Juzeppīna Chuinni?)
- Giuseppina is a member from the Principality of Romagna. A former top ace known as the "Non-commissioned General," she lost her memories and skills after being shot down over Neuroi territory. She has an infatuation with Tomoko as well. Giuseppina is based on Giuseppe Cenni.
Maidens of the Blue Sky
These witches mainly appear in the first manga and the PlayStation 2 video game.
- Amaki Suwa (諏訪 天姫 Suwa Amaki?)
- Voiced by: Kana Hanazawa (Japanese), Tia Ballard (English)
- Amaki is a witch from the Fusō Empire who appears in episode 12 of the anime's first season. She gives Yoshika a letter from her father Dr. Ichirō Miyafuji, who made it so that she would get it at that time.
- Nishiki Nakajima (中島 錦 Nakajima Nishiki?)
- Voiced by: Yuuko Sanpei (Japanese), Clarine Harp (English)
- Nishiki is a witch from the Fuso Empire who is experienced and overly serious. She appears in the manga and the last episode of Strike Witches 2.
Maidens of the Heavens
These characters appear in the second manga.
- Junko Takei (竹井醇子 Takei Junko?)
- Voiced by: Masumi Asano (Japanese), Kara Edwards (English)
- The leader of the 504th Joint Fighter Wing, the Ardor Witches. She also makes a few appearances in Strike Witches 2. Pilot archetype is Junichi Sasai.
- Goshiki Suwa (諏訪五色 Suwa Goshiki?)
- The sister of Amaki Suwa.
- Hayate Nakajima (中島疾風 Nakajima Hayate?)
- Based on one of the best Japanese fighter aircraft in WW2, the Ki-84
- Kanesada Kuji (九字兼定 Kuji Kanesada?)
- A dog familiar who has resided inside a katana for a long time, but is released when Yoshika goes near it. Whilst invisible to most people, certain witches such as Yoshika and Junko are able to see him.
Sky That Connects Us
These characters are from other squadrons who appear in the Strike Witches 1.5 manga.
- Hanna-Justina Marseille (ハンナ・ユスティーナ・マルセイユ Hanna Yusutīna Maruseiyu?)
- Voiced by: Shizuka Itō (Japanese), Colleen Clinkenbeard (English)
- Marseille is the captain of the 31st Joint Fighter Wing known as the Storm Witches, stationed in Africa. She appears in the Strike Witches 1.5 manga and episode 10 of anime's second season. She is one of the more famous witches known throughout the world, though she insists that she does not do autographes. She is initially in a Karlsland squad alongside Gertrud Barkhorn and Erica Hartmann, who are not fond of her showing off. She has a competitive attitude and tries to motivate Erica, who she views as her equal, to compete for the tiebreaker, which due to her slack nature rarely happens. Marseille is based on Hans-Joachim Marseille.
- Wilma Bishop (ウィルマ・ビショップ Wiruma Bishoppu?)
- Wilma is Lynette Bishop's older sister, who is a witch in the Farawayland Air Force. She appears as a main protagonist in the One Winged Witches manga.
- Amelie Planchard (アメリー・プランシャール Amerī Puranshāru?)
- Voiced by: Sayuri Yahagi
- Amilie is a friend of Perrine Clostermann's from the Gallian Witches Army, who is based on Henri Planchard.
- Nikka Edvardine Katajainen (ニッカ・エドワーディン・カタヤイネン Nikka Edowādin Katayainen?)
- Voiced by: Natsumi Takamori
- Nikka, or "Nipa", is a master sergeant who appears to be old friends with Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen. She has a habit of having crash landings and destroying her Striker Units. She is mainly shot down every flight she has, if she does not get shot down by the Neuroi during flight, her luck is still bad, she was even struck by lightning and survived. Nikka is based on Nils Katajainen.
- Helma Lennartz (ヘルマ・レンナルツ Heruma Rennarutsu?)
- Helma is a test pilot for the 131st Experimental Flight Regiment. Her pilot archetype is Helmut Lennartz.
- Heidemarie W. Schnaufer (ハイデマリー・W・シュナウファー Haidemarī W Shunaufā?)
- Voiced by: Kana Ueda
- Heidemarie is a lieutenant from the Karlsland Air Force 1st Night Fighter Wing. She has night vision powers, which she can use for nightly recoinassence missions as with Sanya Litvyak. She defends an area alone and thus lacks social skills, sometimes being mistaken for a ghost. Heidemarie is based on Heinz-Wolfgang Schnaufer. In Strike Witches: The Movie, Heidemarie assists the 501st upon their reunion.
- Michiko Yamakawa (山川 美千子 Yamakawa Michiko?)
- Voiced by: Arise Satō (Japanese), Katie Caruso (English)
- Michiko is Yoshika Miyafuji's childhood friend who resides in Fusō. She cares for Yoshika deeply and worries whenever she goes off into action.
- Christiane Barkhorn (クリスティアーネ・バルクホルン Kurisutiāne Barukuhorun?)
- Voiced by: Asami Sanada (Japanese), Monica Rial (English)
- Christiane, or Chris (クリス Kurisu?), is Gertrud Barkhorn's younger sister who is in a coma for most of the anime's first season. Gertrud usually dotes on her a lot, and she has a similar appearance to Yoshika. She is named after Gerhard Barkhorn's wife, Christl.
- Ichirō Miyafuji (宮藤 一郎 Miyafuji Ichirō?)
- Voiced by: Hozumi Gōda (Japanese), John Burgmeier (English)
- Ichirō is the father of Yoshika Miyafuji and a researcher who helps design the striker unit. He works alongside Mio before the beginning of the series. He is reportedly deceased, which surprises Yoshika when she starts receiving letters apparently from him. He is based on Japanese aeronautical engineer Jiro Horikoshi.
- Trevor Maloney (トレヴァー・マロニー Torevā Maronī?)
- Voiced by: Yōsuke Akimoto (Japanese), Cole Brown (English)
- Maloney is a general with authority over the Strike Witches. His true purpose is to find a way to order the dissolution of the witches and to implement his new weapon, the Warlock, which has been made using Neuroi technology, in an attempt to please his superiors. However, Maloney's plan fails when the Neuroi assimilates the Warlock, and he is captured by Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke and the other witches. He is based on Royal Air Force Air Chief Marshal Trafford Leigh-Mallory.
- Maria (マリア Maria?)
- Voiced by: Madoka Yonezawa (Japanese), Brittney Karbowski (English)
- Maria is a mysterious, cheerful young girl who Francesca Lucchini saves from two sinister-looking men who appear to attack her in the streets of Rome. She states that she does not know the city very well, even though she says to have been born and raised there. Lucchini takes an immediate liking to her and decides to show her around, spending the squadron's shopping budget entrusted to her in the process. Maria is later revealed to be the Duchess Maria of Romagna.
- Shizuka Hattori (服部 静夏 Hattori Shizuka?)
- Voiced by: Aya Uchida
- Shizuka is a 14-year-old witch from Fuso with the rank of Sergeant. In Strike Witches: The Movie, she is tasked with escorting Yoshika Miyafuji to a medical school in Helvetia. Having grown up in a military-oriented family, she admires other witches yet becomes bewildered by Yoshika, who does not act like her ideal soldier and generally ignores direct orders to help people. Shizuka eventually comes to realize a bit more about Yoshika's mentality, and when Yoshika is critically wounded during a Neuroi attack, she is able to reach the rest of the 501st, who help her regain her magic abilities.
- Luciana Mazzei (ルチアナ・マッツェイ Ruchiana Mazzei?)
- Voiced by: Ryō Hirohashi (Japanese), Brina Palencia (English)
- Luciana is a Romgana witch who is quite, reserve and gentle in nature. She is also athletic and a good marksman. She is a member of the 504th Joint Fighter Wing and appeared in episode 12 of Strike Witches 2 and the Strike Witches movie.
- Martina Crespi (マルチナ・クレスピ Maruchina Kuresupi?)
- Voiced by: Kaori Mizuhashi (Japanese), Alexis Tipton (English)
- Martina is a member of the 504th Joint Fighter Wing and hails from a wealth family from Southern Romgana. She is bright and sociable but, her mannerism are close to a young boy. She appeared in episode 12 of Strike Witches 2 and the Strike Witches movie.
- Fernandia Malvezzi (フェルナンディア・マルヴェッツィ Ferunandia maruvu~ettsu~i?)
- Voiced by: Rika Morinaga (Japanese), Maxey Whitehead (English)
- Fernandia is a Romagna witch originally assigned to the medical corp but, with a strong desire to for combat. Fernandia is best friends with Martina and Luciana. Fernandia is head-strong and impulssive but, also friendly. She appeared in episode 12 of Strike Witches 2 and the Strike Witches movie.
- Raisa Pöttgen (ライーサ・ペットゲン Raīsa· pettogen?)
- Voiced by: Aiko Kusumi (Japanese), Amanda Doskocil (English)
- Raisa, also known by her nickname Rai, is a Karlsland witch attached to the Storm Witches. She is artistic and designed the outfit emblem herself. Rai is from a well-to-do family but, has boyish characteristics. She is paired with Hanna Marseille who she has strong feelings toward almost worship-like. She has a brief appearance at the end of Strike Witches 2.
- "Funimation Confirms Strike Witches Cast, FMA Street Date". December 27, 2009. Retrieved February 24, 2013.