List of Superfund sites in Kentucky
This is a list of Superfund sites in Kentucky designated under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) environmental law. The CERCLA federal law of 1980 authorized the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to create a list of polluted locations requiring a long-term response to clean up hazardous material contaminations. These locations are known as Superfund sites, and are placed on the National Priorities List (NPL). The NPL guides the EPA in "determining which sites warrant further investigation" for environmental remediation. As of November 29, 2010, there were 14 Superfund sites on the National Priorities List in Kentucky. No additional sites are currently proposed for entry on the list. Six sites have been cleaned up and removed from the list.
- Proposed for addition to National Priorities List
- Deleted from National Priorities List
|KYD980500961||A.L. Taylor (Valley of the Drums)||Bullitt||||12/30/1982||09/08/1983||08/10/1990||
|KYD045738291||Caldwell Lace Leather Co., Inc.||Logan|||
|KYD980844625||Fort Hartford Coal Co. Stone Quarry||Ohio|||
|KYD006371074||General Tire & Rubber (Mayfield Landfill)||Graves||||06/24/1988||02/21/1990||10/01/1993||
|KYD980501076||Green River Disposal, Inc.||Daviess||||06/24/1988||08/30/1990||09/22/2000||
|KYD980501191||Howe Valley Landfill||Hardin||||06/10/1986||07/22/1987||09/29/1994||
|KYD980557052||Lee's Lane Landfill||Jefferson||||12/30/1982||09/08/1983||03/18/1988||
|KYD980729107||Maxey Flats Nuclear Disposal||Fleming||||10/15/1984||06/10/1986||
|KYD985069954||National Electric Coil/Cooper Industries||Harlan||||07/29/1991||10/14/1992||08/21/1998||
|KYD049062375||National Southwire Aluminum Co.||Hancock||||07/29/1991||05/31/1994||09/24/2008||
|KY8890008982||Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant||McCracken||Groundwater contaminated with VOCs, Technetium-99, and uranium. Uranium, thorium, plutonium, and neptunium have been detected in off-site sediments and surfacewater. TCE and PCBs have been found in site soils.||05/10/1993||05/31/1994||
|KYD981469794||Red Penn Sanitation Co. Landfill||Oldham||||06/24/1988||03/31/1989||09/22/2000||
|KYD981028350||Tri-City Disposal Co.||Bullitt||||06/24/1988||03/31/1989||03/29/1996||
- List of Superfund sites in the United States
- List of environmental issues
- List of waste types
- P.L. 96-510, 42 U.S.C. §§ 9601–9675), December 11, 1980.
- "National Priorities List". United States Enivironmental Protection Agency. Retrieved January 13, 2011.
- "Maxey Flats Nuclear Disposal Superfund site progress profile". EPA. Retrieved January 13, 2011.
- "Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant (USDOE) NPL site narrative". EPA. Retrieved February 5, 2010.
- "Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant (USDOE) Superfund site progress profile". EPA. Retrieved February 5, 2010.
- "Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant (USDOE) site description". EPA. Retrieved February 5, 2010.
- EPA list of proposed Superfund sites in Kentucky
- EPA list of current Superfund sites in Kentucky
- EPA list of Superfund site construction completions in Kentucky
- EPA list of partially deleted Superfund sites in Kentucky
- EPA list of deleted Superfund sites in Kentucky