List of The Miracles awards and achievements
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 1 100 Greatest Artists of All Time
- 2 Grammy Hall of Fame
- 3 Rolling Stone Magazine Awards
- 4 The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs That Shaped Rock and Roll
- 5 The Miracles' "Hall of Fame" recognitions
- 6 Other awards
- 7 References
100 Greatest Artists of All Time
The Miracles are on three "100 Greatest Artists of All Time" lists:
Grammy Hall of Fame
|Grammy Hall of Fame Awards-The Miracles:|
|Year Recorded||Title||Genre||Year Inducted|
|1962||"You've Really Got a Hold on Me"||Traditional R&B (Single)||1998|
|1965||"The Tracks Of My Tears"||Traditional R&B (Single)||2007|
|1967*||"The Tears of a Clown"||Pop (Single)||2002|
|1960||"Shop Around"||Traditional R&B (Single)||2006|
- *Not released as a single until 1970.
Rolling Stone Magazine Awards
Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- 1965: "Ooo Baby Baby" – #262 (incorrectly credited solely to Smokey Robinson)
- 1965: "The Tracks Of My Tears" – #50
- 1960: "Shop Around" – #495
Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- The Miracles' 1965 album, Going to a Go-Go, from which two of these songs were taken, also made #271 on Rolling Stone's list of "The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time".
Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Artists of All Time
- The Miracles are listed at #32 on its list of its Immortals: 100 Greatest Artists of All Time. (The Miracles are the highest-ranking Motown group on the Rolling Stone list).
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs That Shaped Rock and Roll
The Miracles have four songs on "The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll" list:
- 1965: "Going to a Go-Go"
- 1965: "The Tracks of My Tears"
- 1962: "You've Really Got a Hold on Me"
- 1960: "Shop Around"
The Miracles' "Hall of Fame" recognitions
- Vocal Group Hall Of Fame
- Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Grammy Hall of Fame
- Doo-Wop Hall of Fame (inducted 2011)
- Michigan Rock and Roll Legends Hall of Fame
- Hit Parade Hall of Fame
- Goldmine Magazine Hall of Fame
- The People's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 
- Miracles members Smokey Robinson, Bobby Rogers, Pete Moore, Ronnie White and Marv Tarplin were given awards for their songwriting success by the BMI in 1971.
- Miracles members Pete Moore, Marv Tarplin, and Smokey Robinson earned The Award Of Merit from The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) for composing "The Tracks Of My Tears".
- Motown DVD The Miracles:The Definitive Performances awarded Certified Gold status by the RIAA.
- Double recipient of the prestigious "Heroes and Legends" Award.
- Winner- Rhythm and Blues Foundation's Pioneer Award
- Spirit of Detroit Award
- National Recording Registry award for "Tracks of My Tears" included in the Library of Congress in 2008.
- Detroit's Woodbridge Estates renames boulevard and park after the group in 2002.
- Given a certificate of recognition by the governor of the state of Michigan due to their important contributions to the state of Michigan and the city of Detroit for its music industry accomplishments.
- Given the Resolution Award, the highest honor given by the Detroit city council for the group's achievements.
- Beverly Hills city council giving a proclamation to the Miracles in recognition of the group's contributions to the music industry and pop culture.
- The Miracles received a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame on March 20th 2009.
- The Miracles' "The Tracks of My Tears" has been ranked by the Recording Industry Association of America and The National Endowment for the Arts at #127 in its list of the Songs of the Century – the 365 Greatest Songs of the 20th Century.
- The Miracles have been chosen as one of the "Twenty Greatest Doo-Wop Groups of All Time" by the editors of Goldmine Magazine.
- The Miracles were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 14th, 2012,with the exception of lead singer Smokey Robinson, who was inducted separately in 1987. Members inducted were original members Ronald White, Bobby Rogers, Pete Moore, Claudette Robinson, and Marv Tarplin .
- "Grammy Hall of Fame Database". Grammy.org. Retrieved May 24, 2011.
- 2008 Grammy Hall of Fame List[dead link]
- "Smokey Robinson and The Miracles – Inductees – The Vocal Group Hall of Fame Foundation". Vocalgroup.org. Retrieved 2012-04-16.
- "The Miracles Honored with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-04-16.
- By Andy Greene (2012-02-09). "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Adds Six Backing Groups to the Class of 2012 | Music News". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2012-04-16.
- List of The Miracles awards and achievements#Grammy Hall of Fame
- Ebony 1971, pp. 169.
- "Reelin' In The Years Productions- DVDs". Reelinintheyears.com. Retrieved 2012-07-28.
- "Recording Industry Association of America". RIAA. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Woodbridge Estates Honors Motown Legends; Developer Holds Street Naming and Ground Breaking Celebration. – PR Newswire, HighBeam Research: Online Press Releases". Encyclopedia.com. April 6, 2002. Retrieved May 24, 2011.
- "Songs of the Century List". Mylistpad.com. 2011-01-31. Retrieved 2012-04-16.
- Whitaker, Dave (2012-03-07). "Dave's Music Database: The RIAA/NEA's Top 365 Songs of the 20th Century". Davesmusicdatabase.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2012-04-16.