List of The Wanted members
Below are profiles of the group, in alphabetical order.
Maximillian Alberto "Max" George (born 6 September 1988 ) grew up with his family in Manchester. Before music, he had been a footballer with Preston North End and was on the verge of signing a two-year deal with them, whilst he has been a Manchester City supporter since a young age. Previously he was a member of Avenue, a five-piece boy band made up of himself, Jonathan Lloyd, Scott Clarke, Ross Candy and Jamie Tinkler. They entered the third series of The X Factor in 2006 and made it to Louis Walsh's bootcamp, but media reports exposed that Avenue had not strictly adhered to the rules, having been signed by an earlier X Factor music director to a deal. They were banned from participation for having professional representation rather than being specifically formed for the competition. Avenue admitted they had failed to duly report their engagements and George admitted it was "not The X Factor's fault" in the video showing their disqualification in Walsh's office. With Andy Brown joining as a member of Avenue replacing Jamie Tinkler, the band went on to have some success beyond their X Factor appearances with their debut single "Last Goodbye", reaching number 50 on the UK Singles Chart. They had a follow up release with "Can You Feel It?". Avenue disbanded in April 2009. In 2008, while still a member of Avenue, George appeared naked on cover of British gay magazine AXM's "Naked Issue" in support of cancer research.
George was engaged to actress Michelle Keegan after meeting her at one of The Wanted's concerts, but revealed in April 2012 that the engagement had been broken off. Eventually, the couple admitted in July 2012 that they had split for good.
In January 2014, George has signed with Creative Artists Agency in Los Angeles to help him break into acting. He has also announced that he has been signed by manager Scooter Braun as a solo artist. As of June 2014, George has enrolled himself into an Elocution Classes.
Siva Micheal Kaneswaran (born Blanchardstown, Dublin with his Sri Lankan Tamil father, Irish mother, twin brother Kumar, and six other siblings. Kaneswaran started modelling at 16 and appeared in various ads and landed a contract with Storm Model Management. Kaneswaran took part in Rock Rivals, televised in eight episodes between 5 March and 23 April 2008. His brother took part as well. Kaneswaran played the role of Carson Coombs and his brother that of Caleb Coombs. The brothers also appeared briefly in one episode of Uncle Max. The episode "Uncle Max Plays Tennis" aired on 11 July 2008. Kaneswaran was spotted through his modelling campaigns and recruited as a result for the band. He is the younger brother of former Dove member and former Popstars: The Rivals contestant Hazel Kaneswaren.16 November 1988 ) grew up in
On 9 December 2013, Siva declared his engagement to his girlfriend of six years, Nareesha McCaffrey after asking her to marry him in a romantic proposal. The singer exclusively tells Hello (magazine) how after discovering shoe designer Nareesha was about to spring a surprise family birthday party for him, he stunned her by secretly turning the event into a surprise engagement party for her instead. After enlisting the help of her close family, Siva got down on bended knee with a three carat diamond solitaire ring he'd had specially designed, and asked her to be his wife. "I said to her I wanted a present I would always remember this year by… for you to be my wife," smitten Siva told HELLO!. "It was like a military operation to plan the proposal. I couldn’t even tell the other boys in the band in case they blew the surprise. "I'm still in shock," says a beaming Nareesha, who almost made Siva faint when she initially said no to his proposal, accepting it later "I don't like surprises and he really surprised me, but I was so happy. I can't wait to start planning the wedding." 
James Kevin "Jay" McGuiness (born 24 July 1990 ) grew up in Newark, Nottinghamshire. He attended All Saints RC School, Mansfield. At the age of 13, McGuiness went to Charlotte Hamilton School of Dance. He has a fraternal twin brother called Tom and three other siblings.
Thomas Anthony "Tom" Parker (born Bolton. Parker learned to play the guitar at the age of sixteen after trying out his older brother's. He then went on to audition for The X Factor but did not get past the first round. He went to Manchester Metropolitan University and studied Geography, but dropped out in pursuit of a professional singing career. Parker joined a Take That tribute band known as Take That II and toured Northern England, before joining The Wanted in 2009.4 August 1988 ) is the oldest member of the band. He grew up in
He has been dating his actress girlfriend, Kelsey Hardwick since 2011.
Nathan James Sykes (born Abbeydale, Gloucester with his mother, who is a music teacher, and younger sister Jessica. He started singing and performing at the age of six and attended the prestigious Sylvia Young Theatre School from the age of 11. After completing his GCSEs and graduating from Sylvia Young, he returned to Gloucester to attend sixth form at the selective Ribston Hall High School; however he did not manage to complete his A-levels due to band commitments.18 April 1993 ) is known as "the baby" of the group. He grew up in
Sykes continued to perform as a child singer, winning various competitions including "Britney Spears's Karaoke Kriminals" in 2003, in which he got to kiss Britney Spears on live TV as part of his prize, and The Cheltenham Competitive Festival of Dramatic Art, also in 2003. He appeared on ITV's Ministry of Mayhem in 2004, and won the Door Youth Project's "Undiscovered Youth Talent Contest" held in Derker, performing "Mack the Knife". He also performed for the "Live and Unsigned" Music Competition in Bristol in 2008.
Sykes attempted to represent UK in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2004 held in Lillehammer, Norway. In the British qualifying finals, he sang "Born to Dance" coming 3rd overall, after winner Cory Spedding and runner-up Andrew Merry.
In April 2013, it was announced that after being on voice rest for almost a month, Sykes would have to undergo specialist throat surgery in Los Angeles, California on his 20th birthday. His exact condition was not reported, however, several tabloids addressed the situation saying Sykes was suffering from a vocal cord hemorrhage. The band announced that they would continue their promotional commitments without Sykes for the time being in order for him to have enough time to properly recover from the surgery. This time off was seen as an 'unforeseen hiatus.' The full statement from the band's rep was released as:
"We can confirm that The Wanted's Nathan Sykes will under go specialist throat surgery on Thursday 18 April in Los Angeles and as such will be taking unforeseen hiatus form The Wanted. The priority for Nathan, his label and management is that he is given time to recover and receive the best treatment possible. The remaining four members of The Wanted will continue fulfilling the bands promotional commitments across the world." 
It was confirmed that Sykes' break would be temporary and he would join the rest of the band later in 2013 when his voice recovered, however, the length of the healing process was unknown. The band were due to be recording their third album and were in the midst of planning a world tour.
Later in June 2013 The Wanted opened the 2013 Capital FM Summertime Ball with the return of Sykes. The Wanted treated 80,000 fans with the first few songs without Sykes present, only to welcome back Sykes during their performance of I Found You. Sykes rose from the middle of the stage to surprise everyone with his famous solo in 'I Found You'. After the song was finished he declared, "It feels so good to be back", and shared an embrace with his bandmates at the close of the song. After the performance, the band and Sykes tweeted the hashtag #NathanIsBack followed with Sykes saying I'm back. His comeback performance was critically acclaimed.
Following his return to the band, Sykes confirmed that he would be joining the rest of his bandmates for their upcoming summer gigs and events, while also stating that he still has some recovering to do. Speaking with Heart Radio for an interview, Sykes told the audience: "I'm not quite fully recovered yet but it's quite a long process. I'm at the stage where I can sing and get back with the lads, so I'm very excited to be back and I'm working very hard for a change." In an interview following the band's gig at Wembley Stadium, his fellow band member Max said that "it feels pretty awesome" to have Sykes back on stage with them, followed by: "We have a lot less to do now that he's back, because he's quite heavy with the vocals, which is cool for the rest of us." As part of the recovery process, it has been reported that Sykes still has to undergo speech and vocal therapy in order to sing with his full vocal range without causing any more damage to it.
The band's reality show The Wanted Life documented Sykes' vocal struggles and gave viewers an insight into the physical and emotional difficulties Sykes endured for several months of not being able to fully contribute to the band during a very crucial time. The show also followed Sykes on his path to recovery as he worked hard to train his voice and get ready for a highly anticipated return.
In August 2013, Sykes' duet with Ariana Grande, "Almost Is Never Enough", was released on The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones soundtrack, with an extended version featured on Grande's debut album Yours Truly. Being Sykes' first studio recording since his surgery, it was greatly lauded by fellow artists on Twitter, with Ed Sheeran tweeting "that boy can SANG [sic]" in reference to Sykes' vocals, as well as Marvin and Rochelle Humes of JLS and The Saturdays, respectively, and Alexander DeLeon of The Cab, among others, tweeting their praise for the track and Sykes' vocals in particular.
On 21 June 2014, Sykes appeared solo as a special guest performer at the Capital FM Summertime Ball alongside Jessie J to perform "Calling All Hearts" with DJ Cassidy. This marked Sykes' first official solo performance since the band's hiatus and his fifth consecutive year as part of the Summertime Ball line up. He is currently in the studio working on solo music for his debut solo album
- "ChicagoPride.com interview with Max George". Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "The Wanted hit Scotland and release their debut album". STV. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "Louis' X-Factor boys make return". metro.co.uk. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "Avenue's audition including George to The X Factor in 2006". YouTube. 10 September 2006.
- Nathan, Sara (9 September 2006). "Band is Avenue all on...". The Sun (London). Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- Samson, Pete (7 October 2006). "Exclusive: Avenue axed from X Factor". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- "Avenue boy band kicked off Simon Cowell's British 'The X Factor' show". Reality TW World. 26 September 2006. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- "Louis Walsh disqualifying Avenue from The X Factor competition".
- "AXM Naked Issue cover featuring Max George of Avenue". Wowwow.me. 12 September 2010.
- "Sombre Michelle Keegan cuts a glum figure as Max George reveals pair have called off their engagement". Daily Mail (London). 11 April 2012.
- "Max George opens up about model girlfriend Nina Agdal: "She lights up the place"". Sugarscape. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "The Wanted heart-throb Max George and Amy Willerton cosy up at Neighbourhood – and run into Dizzee Rascal". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- Bull, Sarah (January 26, 2014). "'It Started to feel like it wasn't The Wanted anymore': Max George on the growing tensions that caused boyband to split.". dailymail.uk. Retrieved June 28, 2014.
- Sheehan, Katie (June 27, 2014). "It The Wanted 's Max George Taking Speech Lessons.". ARTIST DIRECT.
- Industry Music Group Booking Agent. "The Wanted | Industry Music Group - Live Artist Booking Agency / Agent The X Factor & Britain's Got Talent (BGT)". Industry Music Group. Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- "The Wanted: Official Website: The Band: Siva". Thewantedmusic.com. 16 December 1988. Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- IMDb page on Siva Kaneswaran
- Wood, Beci (27 April 2010). "Beci Wood article in ''The Sun'': The Wanted are on the ball". London: Thesun.co.uk.
- "The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran announces his engagement to Nareesha McCaffrey in HELLO! magazine". hellomagazine.com. 2013-12-09. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "'I love her... I love every bit of her': The Wanted's Siva Kaneswaran announces engagement to long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey". Daily Mail (London).
- "James McGuiness". thewantedmusic.com. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- "Notts Most Wanted: Jay McGuiness".
- "Screaming girls greet singer who goes back to school". Newark Advertiser. 23 July 2010. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- "Screensavers - Jay McGuiness".
- Dawson, Kim (7 December 2010). "The Wanted: Jay McGuiness's brother is a wanted man". Daily Star (London: Northern & Shell). Retrieved 7 December 2010.
- "The Wanted have a scream at Manchester show".
- "Alastair Campbell in a spin as charity match turns ugly". The Daily Telegraph (London). 5 June 2011.
- "Who are the members of "take that 2"".
- Oct 22, 2013 9:50 AM by Cailyn Cox (2013-10-22). "Tom Parker's engagement proposal is postponed". Sheknows.com. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "The Wanted: Official Website: The Band: Sykes". Thewantedmusic.com. Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- "''Stroud News and Journal'': Nathan Sykes from The Wanted won Stroud talent show". Stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk. 11 August 2010.
- "''This is Oldham'': As a young boy Nathan Sykes would dream of stardom". Thisisgloucestershire.co.uk. 3 May 2011.
- "''This is Oldham'': Oldham teenager aims for the stars with boy band The Wanted". Thisisgloucestershire.co.uk. 19 July 2010.
- "Clock Face singing "Born to Dance" at the British qualifying round to the Junior Eurovision Song Contest". Youtube.com. 31 May 2012.
- "Vocal fold nodule". Wikipedia. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Billboard Staff. "The Wanted's Nathan Sykes to Undergo Vocal Surgery". Billboard. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Nathan Sykes To Undergo Throat Surgery, Forcing Him To Leave The Wanted For 'Foreseeable Future'". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "The Wanted Open Summertime Ball 2013 With Return Of Nathan Sykes". capitalfm.com. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "Chester Rocks 2013 The Wanted". heartnews. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "The Wanted's Nathan Sykes Back After Surgery". Sky News. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "The Wanted's Nathan Sykes undergoes vocal rehab". Press Party. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "The Wanted Life". Wikipedia. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- Twitter / edsheeran: @alexanderdeleon @NathanTheWanted
- Twitter / MarvinHumes: @RochelleTheSats @NathanTheWanted
- Twitter / RochelleTheSats: Ohhh jeeezzz when I watched
- Twitter / alexanderdeleon: man.. all me and @edsheeran