From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of Thinker sculptures made by Auguste Rodin. It is sorted first by dimension and second by location. The original Thinker was a part of Rodin's The Gates of Hell.
Original monumental-size bronze casts
The Thinker at the Cantor Arts Center of Stanford University
- United States 
- Baltimore Museum of Art, Maryland
- California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco
- Cleveland Museum of Art (badly damaged by vandalism in 1970, displayed in an unrepaired state according to police, the perpetrators were a faction of the Weathermen, possibly the same individuals killed in a bomb-making accident in New York City No one was ever charged.)
- Columbia University, in New York City (outdoors in front of Philosophy Hall on campus)
- Detroit Institute of Arts, Michigan
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, Missouri
- Norton Simon Museum, Pasadena, California (cast #11 sometimes seen during the Tournament of Roses Parade)
- Mastbaum Vocational High School , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Rodin Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posthumous, plaster, and study-size castings
- Alte Nationalgalerie in Berlin, Germany
- Federal School of Saxony – Saint Afra, Meissen, Saxony
- Ca' Pesaro, Venice, Italy
- National Gallery of Norway in Oslo, Norway
- Kunsthaus Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland
- Singer Laren, Laren, Netherlands (badly damaged by thieves in 2007, restored en re-exhibited as of 18 aug 2010.)
- Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden, Saxony, Germany
- Sakıp Sabancı Museum in Istanbul, Turkey
- Burrell Collection - Pollok House Glasgow, Scotland
- Vatican Museums - Collection of Modern Religious Art, Italy
- Bakirkoy Mental and Neurological Diseases Hospital in Istanbul, Turkey
- University of Arts in Belgrade, Serbia
- United States
- ^ "
- ^ "Rodin's Thinker", Kyoto National Museum. Accessed January 2014.
- ^ "The Thinker (Enlarged)", National Museum of Western Art. Accessed 20 March 2013.
- ^ "List of works at Rodin wing", Shizuoka Prefectural Art Museum. Accessed 20 March 2013.
- ^ "The Thinker", Musée Rodin. Accessed 20 March 2013.
- ^ ""
- ^ "Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco List of Thinkers, Accessed January 2014
- ^ a b "The Thinker Vandalized" The Cleveland Museum of Art
- ^ "A God Among Men". The Cleveland Free Times.
- ^ "Twenty-Five Years After the Bomb: Maintaining Cleveland's The Thinker" 37 (2). Journal of the American Institute of Conservation. 1998.
- ^ Browse by Title - Norton Simon Museum
- ^ http://news.stanford.edu/news/2012/january/rodin-thinker-cantor-012412.html
- ^ Panoramio - Photo of Réplica firmada de "e;El pensador"e; de August Rodin
- ^ "BBC, Buenos Aires Thinker vandalized, Accessed January 2014
- ^ a b "The enlarged Thinker: New posthumous bronze casts", penseur.org. Accessed 20 March 2013.
- ^ "Donation of Rodin's 'the Thinker':A Generous Birthday Give [sic to NTHU]", National Tsing Hua University. Accessed 20 March 2013.
- ^ 
- ^ Auguste Rodin, The Thinker
- ^ MacLaren Art Centre - Media Releases - The Thinker Reviewed
- ^ "Born of Hell, Lost After Inferno", 2002, NY Times
- ^ City of Goldendale - Arts & Culture
- ^ The Thinker (Le Penseur)
- ^ Auguste Rodin — The Thinker
- ^ http://www.openvegas.com/forum/thread/87556/pr-martin-lawrence-galleries-delivers-world-renowned-masterpieces-to-t/
- ^ "Photo of the Authorized replica in the Ricardo Brennand Institute".
- ^ "?".
- ^ "?".
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Le Penseur.