List of UPnP AV media servers and clients
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (January 2012)|
This is a list of UPnP AV media servers and client application or hard appliances.
UPnP AV media servers 
- DivX, a Windows application, mainly for video encoding into DivX format, but has the ability to stream multimedia files via DLNA.
- DVBViewer, an Windows application, mainly for TV/Radio recording/playback, but with the ability to stream live TV/radio as well as multimedia files via UPNP/DLNA.
- Elgato, an OS X add-on for Elgato's EyeTV PVR application. It allows for UPnP streaming of recorded content.
- FreeNAS, a free operating-system/software (based on FreeBSD), enabling you to turn any x86-based computer into a dedicated stand-alone NAS (Network-Attached Storage) device. (FreeNAS UPnP server code is from the Portable Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) SDK project)
- GeeXboX, an opensource lightweight media center for Linux that supports DLNA through uShare (uShare development is currently discontinued)
- JRiver Media Center, a multi-faceted media player/organizer with a DLNA/UPnP server, controller, and renderer, including conversion.
- KooRaRoo Media, a commercial DLNA media server and organizer for Windows. Includes on-the-fly transcoding, per-file and per-folder parental controls, powerful organizing features with dynamic playlists, Internet radio streaming, "Play To" functionality and remote device control, burned-in and external subtitles, extensive format support including RAW photo formats. Streams all files to all devices. Also has a free version, see the features comparison page for details.
- Mezzmo, a commercial software package. Mezzmo streams music, movies, photos and subtitles to the UPnP and DLNA-enabled devices. It automatically finds and organizes music, movies and photos, imports multimedia files from iPad, iPhone, iPod, Audio CDs, iTunes, Windows Media Player and WinAmp. DLNA server supports all popular media file formats with real time transcoding to meet the device specifications.
- Musicmatch Jukebox, a commercial audio player for Windows with uPnP audio streaming support.
- MythTV, an open-source HTPC and PVR software for Linux, with a built-in UPnP AV MediaServer.
- PlayOn, a commercial UPnP/DLNA media server for Windows, includes a transcoder for streaming web video.
- Plex, a free cross-platform and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media, available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Linux, as well as mobile clients for iOS (including Apple TV (2nd generation) onwards), Android, and Windows Phone.
- PS3 Media Server, a free Cross Platform Java based UPnP DLNA server especially good for AVC and other current HD media codecs with on-the-fly transcoding.
- TVble, a cloud connected (Rotten tomatoes/TMDB etc), Torrent streaming, DLNA enabled media server. Allows single file or playlist downloads.
- TVMOBiLi, a cross platform, high performance UPnP/DLNA Media Server for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Compiled and written in c++ for ultimate speed.
- Twonky Server|Twonky Manager, a free cross-platform multimedia server and entertainment hub for digital media, available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Linux, as well as mobile clients for iOS (including Apple TV (2nd generation) onwards), Android, and Windows Phone, and Xbox 360, ... It is the server choosen to put content on the [UPC Cablecom] [Horizon] mediabox (realized by [Samsung]), but Plex would have been better, and it is one way in only.
- Vuze, an open-source Java-based BitTorrent client which contains MediaServer plugin.
- Wild Media Server, a media server for Windows, Wine (Linux), Wineskin (MAC OS), individual device settings, transcoding, external and internal subtitles, restricted device access to folders, uploading files, Internet-Radio, Internet-Television, Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB), DMR-control and "Play To", Music (Visualization), Photo (Slideshow), support for 3D-subtitles, support for music fingerprints.
- MediaMonkey, a free media player/tagger/editor with an UPnP/DLNA client and server for Microsoft Windows
- Windows Media Connect from Microsoft, a free UPnP AV MediaServer and control point (server and client) for Microsoft Windows
- XBMC, a cross platform open source software media-player/media center for Apple TV, Linux, Mac, Windows, Android and the original Xbox.
- AVM FRITZ!Box, the newer revisions of these residential gateway devices come with a UPnP/DLNA compliant media server
- Billion 7800xxx series modem-routers come with a built in uPnP/DLNA compliant media server
- NETGEAR ReadyNAS Includes ReadyDLNA (branded version of miniDLNA) on all ReadyNAS products and some routers as the ReadyShare USB feature.
- D-Link DNS-323 2-Bay Network Storage Enclosure.
- Linksys WRT610N gigabit Wifi-N router supports UPnP with a USB hard drive, as a Storage feature
- SFR Neuf Cegetel NeufBox 5 (Gigabit LAN) and NeufBox 4 (10/100 Mbit/s with firmware 2.0.8) and USB drive key.
- Bubba server, a Linux-based NAS using MediaTomb from Excito (http://www.excito.com/).
- All technicolor DSL/GPON Gateways from the TG712 upwards have an embeded DLNA certified Server (sharing content of a USB attached HDD).
- Naim UnitiServe ripping UPnP server
- Naim HDX ripping UPnP server and player
- ASUS DSL-N55U ADSL Modem Router, supports USB drive media sharing. (Dual Band WIFI, 10/100/1000 Mbit/s)
See also 
List of NAS manufacturers – there are many uncatalogued NAS devices with UPNP.
UPnP AV clients 
A UPnP client, also called a control point, functions as a digital audio/video player. Control points automatically detect UPnP servers on the network to browse content directories and request the transfer or streaming of media.
UPnP control points and player software 
- Banshee, an open source (MIT) media player with UPnP-client support since version 2.4
- Kinsky is an open source UPnP control point for iPod/iPhone, iPad, Windows, MacOSX, Linux, Android and PocketPC.
- Plex, a cross-platform and open source (GPL) software media player and a closed source media server and entertainment hub, available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Linux, as well as mobile clients for iOS (including Apple TV (2nd generation) onwards), Android, and Windows Phone. The desktop version of the media player is free while the mobile version is chargeable.
- PlugPlayer is a cross-platform UPnP client, Media Renderer, Media Server and control point available for iPod/iPhone, iPad, Android, Google TV and Mac OS X. In addition to UPnP servers, PlugPlayer can also can utilize some cloud-based media services such as MP3tunes and CloudUPnP.
- VLC media player, a free, open-source and cross-platform media player that has a built-in UPnP-client. (For Windows, OS X and Linux.)
- XBMC, a cross platform open source software media-player/media center for Apple TV, Linux, Mac, Windows, Android, the original Xbox and the custom XBMCbuntu.
Microsoft Windows 
- foobar2000, an audio player, supports UPnP via the Foo_UPnP plugin.
- WinDVD, is a commercial DVD-Video and video-files playback software for Windows.
- Nero MediaHome, a commercial software package containing both a UPnP client and server supporting music and video playback.
- Orb, an UPnP Server and web interface with support for live TV on any device.
- TVersity, an UPnP Server with on-the-fly-transcoding.
- MediaMonkey, free media player/tagger/editor with an UPnP/DLNA client and server.
- JRiver Media Center, a media player/organizer with a DLNA/UPnP server, controller, and renderer, including conversion.
Mac OS X 
- MediaCloud Mac v2, UPnP Audio/Video Player & Control Point
- Songbook Mac lets you control your Linn DS, Naim HDX, Hush Digifi or UPNP device directly from your Mac.
- BRisa UPnP Framework, a free and open-source UPnP framework that allows the development of UPnP devices, as well as provides three implementation reference of UPnP applications: the BRisa Media server, the BRisa Media Renderer and the BRisa Control Point.
- Totem, a free and open-source Media Player part of the GNOME desktop, via the grilo plugin.
- Nokia N82 has client and server, both DLNA certified.
- Nokia N95 has client and server, only the server is DLNA certified.
- Nokia N78 has client and server, both DLNA certified.
- Nokia E72, the first Nokia E-Series device having client and server, both DLNA certified.
- Nokia N97 has client and server, both DLNA certified.
- Nokia 5630 XpressMusic has client and server.
- Sony Ericsson Vivaz has server and is DLNA certified.
- Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro has server and is DLNA certified.
- Samsung i8910 has server and is DLNA certified.
- PlayerXtreme is a media playback and organizing solution.
- 8player & Lite
- iMediaShare & iMediaShare Lite
- MediaHouse UPnP / DLNA is a DLNA client that streams music, movies, videos and photos from any UPnP/DLNA compliant server onto android devices and can control play to other UPnP/DLNA compliant renderers.
- Pixel Media Server is a free DLNA compliant Digital Media Server on Android platform. It makes your android Phone/Tablet to DLNA Media Server and publish your media contents (Image/Song/Video) from your Tablet/Phone to the DLNA home network with external subtitles support.
- Pixel Media Controller is a free DLNA compliant Digital Media Controller on Android platform to control DLNA certified/compliant Digital Media Server, Digital Media Render and Digital Media Printer on Android platform. It helps you to browse digital media contents from the Media Server and playback media contents (Image/Song/Video) at your DLNA certified TV or renderer devices and print at DLNA certified Printer.
- ArkMC Media Center is a DLNA Server, Controller and Renderer.
- BubbleUPnP is a DLNA Server, Controller and Renderer.
- Media Server is a free DLNA Server.
- Media Server Pro is a DLNA Server that allows to select what files you want to share.
- EML UPnP-AV Control Point is a free UPnP control point and renderer.
- UPnPlay is a free UPnP renderer/player.
- Onkyo Remote is a free UPnP renderer/player/server/controller
- MediaSteersman is a free UPnP control point for Android tablets with included UPnP renderer and server functionality
- EnefceDMS is a free UPnP media server.
- The BlackBerry Z10 and future devices running the BlackBerry 10 operating system include native UPnP Media Server and Media Renderer capabilities.
- GeeXboX, an open-source lightweight media center Live CD, no installation required
- Nokia N800 and its native MediaStreamer application. This client can also control other hardware renderers such as the Roku Soundbridge
- Nokia N900 through its Maemo 5 Operating System
- Moovida (formerly Elisa) is a free, open-source and cross-platform media center solution
- PlayStation 3 game-console with OS version 1.8 or later through the Xross Media Bar
- Xbox 360 client from Windows Media Connect
UPnP player/client hardware 
- PlayStation 3 Sony games console from home screen
- Samsung smart TV
- Panasonic Smart Viera TV
UPnP control point hardware 
- Philips Streamium range of products
- Philips 8000 and 9000 LCD series with DLNA interface
- DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR hardware (HR20/HR21/HR21Pro/HR22/HR23)
UPnP media render hardware 
- Archos Generation 5 All Archos models of the 5th Generation like 605 and 705
- Archos TV+ Like the 5th generation models
- Blaupunkt IR-40+ FM/UKW/DAB+, Internet Radio, UPnP media player
- Boulder 1021 High Definition Multiple Format Audio Player
- Denon ASD-3N
- Denon ASD-3W
- Denon ASD-51N
- Denon ASD-51W
- Denon CHR-F103
- Denon S-32
- Denon S-52
- Denon S-302
- Denon AVP-A1HDCI(A)
- Denon AVR-5308CI(A)
- Denon AVR-4810CI
- Denon AVR-4308CI
- Denon AVR-4310CI
- Denon AVR-3310CI
- Denon AVR-990*
- Grundig Ovation 2i CDS 9000 WEB
- HP MediaSmart LCD High Definition Televisions
- Kathrein UFC960 - HDTV Cable Receiver
- Kodak EasyShare digital picture frames including at least the "W" series
- LG televisions and Blu-ray players that include the "Netcast" feature
- LG DP-1, DP-1W Digital Media Player
- Linn Klimax DS (Digital Stream) - Digital Music Player
- Linn Akurate DS - Digital Music Player
- Linn Majik DS - Digital Music Player
- Linn Majik DS-I - Digital Music Player with integrated amplification and analogue inputs.
- Linn Sekrit DS-I - Digital Music Player with integrated amplification for custom installers.
- Linn Sneaky Music DS - Digital Music Player with integrated amplification.
- Netgear MP101
- Muvid ir815
- Musical Fidelity M1 Clic - High-End Digital Music Player and DAC that supports 192/24 streams and several formats.
- Med100X3D media player 3D - digital video and music player that supports 192/24
- Med600X3D media player3D - digital video and music player that supports 192/24
- Naim ND5 XS - Streamingplayer
- Naim NDX - Streamingplayer
- Naim NDS - Streamingplayer
- Naim UnitiQute - All-in-one player
- Naim UnitiLite - All-in-one player
- Naim NaimUniti2 - All-in-one player
- Naim SuperUniti - All-in-one player
- Olive OPUS music servers and players, Olive MELODY players
- Onkyo HT-RC180
- Onkyo PR-SC5507
- Onkyo TX-NR609
- Onkyo TX-NR807
- Onkyo TX-NR905
- Onkyo TX-NR1007
- Onkyo TX-NR3007
- Onkyo TX-NR5007
- Onkyo TX-NR808
- Panasonic Plasma Viera G30-Series
- Panasonic Plasma Viera NeoPDP G20-Series
- Panasonic Plasma Viera NeoPDP G15-Series
- Panasonic Plasma Viera NeoPDP V10-Series
- Panasonic Plasma Viera NeoPDP VT50-Series
- Panasonic Plasma Viera NeoPDP GT50-Series
- Panasonic Plasma Viera NeoPDP Z1-Series
- Pioneer KRP-500A
- Pioneer KRP-500ABG
- Pioneer KRP-500AW
- Pioneer KRP-600A
- Pioneer N-30
- Pioneer N-50
- Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
- Pioneer PDP-LX6090H
- Pioneer PDX-Z9
- Pioneer SC-LX71
- Pioneer SC-LX72
- Pioneer SC-LX81
- Pioneer SC-LX82
- Pioneer SC-LX90
- PS Audio PerfectWave DAC in combination with Bridge
- Pure Pure One Flow : FM, DAB, DAB+, UPnP/DLNA, Internet Radio
- Roberts Radio Stream 83i Radio
- Roku SoundBridge and SoundBridge Radio (also sold under the Pinnacle Systems brand)
- Samsung UE40C8000
- Samsung UE46B7090
- Samsung UE60ES6300
- Sangean WFR-20 (also supports Windows Shares)
- Sony BD-S580
- Sony CMT-MX700NI Micro HIFI Component System
- TerraTec Noxon iRadio
- TerraTec Noxon M520
- Xbox game-console with XBMC Media Center (formerly "Xbox Media Center") software, which is a free open-source software multimedia-player.
- Xbox 360 game-console through the Xbox 360 Dashboard
- Yamaha RX-V3900
- Yamaha RX-Z7
- Yamaha YMC-700
- Yamaha RX-V2065
- Yamaha RX-Vx067 series (i.e. 1067, 2067, 3067)
- Yamaha RX-Vx73 series, beginning with RV-V473
- Yamaha RX-Vx75 series, beginning with RV-V475
- Yamaha Aventage Series (RX-A1000/A2000/A3000)
- Ziova ClearStream Series (i.e. CS510)
See also 
- Comparison of UPnP AV media servers
- Comparison of set-top boxes
- Network-attached storage
- Universal Plug and Play
- Digital Living Network Alliance