List of United States bicycle advocacy organizations
This is a list of cycling advocacy organizations in United States. It includes those organizations whose primary mission is to advocate for improved cycling conditions by lobbying local, state, and federal governments. It does not include cycling clubs that meet primarily for recreational riding.
- 1 National
- 2 Alabama
- 3 Arizona
- 4 Arkansas
- 5 California
- 6 Colorado
- 7 Delaware
- 8 District of Columbia
- 9 Georgia
- 10 Idaho
- 11 Illinois
- 12 Indiana
- 13 Iowa
- 14 Kentucky
- 15 Louisiana
- 16 Maine
- 17 Maryland
- 18 Massachusetts
- 19 Minnesota
- 20 Missouri
- 21 Nevada
- 22 New Jersey
- 23 New Mexico
- 24 New York
- 25 Ohio
- 26 Oregon
- 27 Pennsylvania
- 28 Puerto Rico
- 29 South Dakota
- 30 Tennessee
- 31 Texas
- 32 Utah
- 33 Virginia
- 34 Washington
- 35 Wisconsin
- 36 References
- Alliance for Biking and Walking
- Bikes Belong
- International Mountain Biking Association
- League of American Bicyclists
- National Bicycle Greenway
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy - Advocates conversion of abandoned rail lines into multi-use paths.
- Adventure Cycling Association
- Bicycle Coalition of the Ozarks - Northwest Arkansas.
- Northeast Arkansas Bicycle Coalition
- Bicycle Advocacy of Central Arkansas
- California Bicycle Coalition - Statewide, based in Sacramento.
- Bay Area Bicycle Coalition - San Francisco Bay Area.
- East Bay Bicycle Coalition
- Fresno County Bicycle Coalition
- Inland Empire Bicycle Alliance
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition
- Marin County Bicycle Coalition
- Merced Bicycle Coalition
- Napa County Bicycle Coalition
- Orange County Bicycle Coalition
- Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates
- San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
- San Diego County Bicycle Coalition
- San Luis Obispo County Bicycle Coalition
- Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition
- Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition - Santa Clara and San Mateo counties.
- Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition
- Bike Delaware - Statewide.
District of Columbia
- (http://www.bikecda.com) BikeCDA or BikeCDA.com - Coeur d'Alene, Idaho (North Idaho) (AKA: Bike CDA)
- Active Transportation Alliance (ActiveTrans or ATA) - Chicago; formerly known as Chicagoland Bicycle Federation.
- League of Illinois Bicyclists - Statewide, based in Aurora.
- Champaign County Bikes
- New York Bicyclists Coalition - Statewide, based in Albany.
- Albany Bicycle Coalition - Albany, New York
- GObike Buffalo - Buffalo, New York
- Bike New York - New York City, New York.
- Time's Up! - New York City, New York.
- Rochester Cycling Alliance - Rochester, New York.
- Ohio Bicycle Federation - Statewide bicycle advocacy organization with Board Members from around the State.
- Bike Cleveland
- Consider Biking - Columbus
- Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
- Bike Erie
- Bike Pittsburgh
- Bike Harrisburg
- PA Walks and Bikes
- Walk and Ride PA
- Indiana Bicycle Coalition
- Bike Allentown
- Bicycle South Central PA
- BikeTexas - Statewide, based in Austin.
- Bike Austin - Austin metro area.
- Bike Houston - Houston.
- Please BE KIND to Cyclists - Austin metro area.
- Velo Paso Bicycle-Pedestrian Coalition - El Paso.
- BikeArlington - Arlington County
- Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition - Shenandoah Valley area.
- RideRichmond - Richmond
- Bike Walk RVA, Richmond Metropolitan Sports Backers - Richmond region
- Bicycle Alliance of Washington - Statewide.