List of University of Mount Union people
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (January 2012)|
- DW (Dave) Drouillard - vocalist, songwriter and musician
- Tyler Turkle - filmmaker, painter and sculpture
- Carrie Coon - Tony Nominated actress for her role on Broadway in the Steppenwolf Revival of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
- Eduardo Valdes - Operatic tenor, has performed with the Metropolitan Opera over 500 times 
- Will Lamartine Thompson - writer & composer of "Softly and Tenderly, Jesus is Calling"
- Jim Ballard - Former Mount Union quarterback, member of the College Football Hall of Fame, QB in the Arena Football League - Canadian Football League, and NFL Europe. Commissioner of the American Indoor Football League.
- Paul Bixler - former head football coach at Ohio State University and Colgate University.
- Matt Campbell - Head football coach of the Toledo Rockets
- Dom Capers - Former defensive back of the Mount Union Purple Raiders. Former National Football League Head Coach for the Carolina Panthers and Houston Texans). Current defensive coordinator for the Green Bay Packers.
- Dick Crum - head football coach for Miami University, North Carolina and Kent State University
- Wilmer Fleming - halfback for the NFL's Canton Bulldogs
- Pierre Garçon - American football wide receiver, drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the 2008 NFL Draft, 205th overall. FA Signed to Washington Redskins 2012
- Charlie Joachim - basketball player
- Larry Kehres - Highest winning percentage as a Head Coach in College Football (All Divisions) - 303-23-3/.925
- Nate Kmic - Purple Raiders running back from 2005–08. First player in any division of NCAA football with 8,000 career rushing yards.
- Frank Lauterbur - head football coach for the University of Toledo,
- Ron Lynn - Assistant Football Coach, Stanford University.
- Harry March - National Football League executive, second American Football League founder, medical doctor for the pre-NFL Canton Bulldogs, New York Giants executive, professional football historian and promoter, author of Pro Football: Its Ups and Downs.
- Kurt Rocco - Arena football quarterback, has played for the Cleveland Gladiators and the New Orleans VooDoo.
- Cecil Shorts III - American football wide receiver, drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 2011 NFL Draft, 114th overall.
- LeRoy Sprankle - high school sports coach and athletics advocate in Eastern Tennessee and South Florida, often referred to as the "Father of East Tennessee Sports"
- E. J. Stewart - former college football coach, professional football player-coach, general manager and founder of the "Ohio League's" Massillon Tigers
- Susan McGalla - former president of American Eagle Outfitters Inc. and former chief executive officer of Wet Seal Inc.
- Bowman Foster Ashe - first president of the University of Miami
- Victor Boschini - Current Chancellor of Texas Christian University
- Chip Mosher - Award-winning newspaper columnist, high school "Educator of Distinction," poet
- Henry Solomon Lehr - Founder, Ohio Northern University
- Charles Armstrong - virologist, physician in the U.S. Public Health Service
- Richard Drake - Professor of surgery Cleveland Clinic, Lerner College of Medicine.
Politics and law
- Thomas H. Anderson - United States federal judge
- Christopher A. Boyko - United States federal judge
- Allen Foster Cooper - U.S. Congressman from Pennsylvania
- Bruce R. Harris - United States administrative judge, Interior Board of Land Appeals
- David Hollingsworth - U.S. Congressman from Ohio and one of the organizers of the Ohio State bar association, serving as its chairman in 1908.
- Lyman U. Humphrey - 11th Governor of Kansas
- Samuel Austin Kendall - U.S. Congressman from Pennsylvania
- Philander Knox - Attorney General of the United States in the cabinets of Presidents William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt, Senator of Pennsylvania, and United States Secretary of State for President William Howard Taft
- C. Ellis Moore - U.S. Congressman from Ohio
- Miner G. Norton - U.S. Congressman from Ohio
- Ralph Regula - U.S. Congressman from Ohio
- Brian L. Stafford - the 20th Director of the United States Secret Service
- W. Aubrey Thomas - U.S. Congressman from Ohio
- James Midwinter Freeman - clergyman and writer
- John William Hamilton - Bishop of the Methodist Episcopal Church
- Francis Enmer Kearns - Bishop of the Methodist Church and the United Methodist Church
- Charles Bayard Mitchell - Bishop of the Methodist Episcopal Church
- Wesley Matthias Stanford - Bishop of the United Evangelical Church
- Shuvo Roy - Associate professor, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Science, University of California, San Francisco. Developed an artificial kidney.
- Lorin B. Sebrell - Goodyear Research Director noted for his work on organic accelerators for vulcanization
- De Scott Evans, noted 19th Century artist, former head of Mount Union art department
- "Alum Performs with Metropolitan Opera House". University of Mount Union, Alliance. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- Turner, Jamie (July 17, 2008). "Mount Union's Jim Ballard eager for College Football Hall of Fame induction". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Biomedical Microdevices Laboratory". University of California, San Francisco. Retrieved 2 October 2011.