List of University of Wollongong people
This is a list of University of Wollongong, Australia, people including notable alumni and staff.
The Chancellor of the University of Wollongong serves as the nominal head of the university. As with most other university chancellors, the role is now largely ceremonial, though still quite prestigious.
The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Wollongong serves as the chief executive officer of the university, and oversees most of the university's day-to-day operations, with the Chancellor serving in a largely ceremonial role.
- 1975-1980 Professor Michael Birt
- 1981-1994 Professor Ken McKinnon
- 1995-2011 Professor Gerald Sutton
- 2012-present Professor Paul Wellings
- Prof. Hugh Bradlow - Chief Technology Officer, Telstra (Retired)
- Professor Noel Castree - geographer
- Dr Shady Cosgrove - Nominated for The Australian/Vogel Literary Award 2007
- Professor Aditya Ghose - computer scientist
- Richard Harland - author
- Rob Hood - author
- Dr David Marshall - author
- Dr Paul Nulsen - astronomer
- Jacky Redgate - artist
- Prof. Anatoly Rosenfeld - Director, Center for Medical Radiation Physics
- Dr Kathy Rudkin - Accounting theorist
- Associate Professor Ken Russell[disambiguation needed] - Statistician
- Willy Susilo - cryptographer
- Professor Gordon Wallace - electromaterials scientist
- Professor Zhengyi Jiang - Mechanical and computational mechanics scientist
- Alan Wearne - poet
- A/Prof Kwan-Wu Chin - wireless technologist
- Dr Jason Wilson - digital communications theorist
- Professor Salim Bouzerdoum — Winner of 2011 Australian Museum Eureka Prize
- Tashi Lhamo - Honorary Member of the National Council of Bhutan
- Lee Furlong - television presenter, Fox Sports news reader, wife of Australian cricketer Shane Watson
- Matt Brown - politician, academic and solicitor
- Jamie Peacock - England and Great Britain rugby league captain
- Prof. Omowunmi Sadik - author, inventor, and chemist
- Estelle Asmodelle - transsexual model, writer and activist
- Julian McMahon - actor, son of former Australian Prime Minister Sir William McMahon
- "Dr Karl" Kruszelnicki - scientist, author and commentator
- Clare Bowen - actor, The Combination
- Mez Breeze - new media artist
- Jay Caselberg - author
- Ben Creagh - rugby league player for the St. George Illawarra Dragons NRL team
- Josh Morris- rugby league player for the Bulldogs NRL team
- Michael Jones - culture and technology commentator
- John Tranter - poet
- Stephen Martin - former Federal Parliamentary Speaker
- Van Badham - writer
- Wendy Richardson - playwright
- Patrick Lenton - playwright
- Drew Fairley - writer/performer
- Kate Bell - actor, Blue Water High
- Julienne van Loon - novelist
- Jessica White - novelist
- Melanie Tait - ABC broadcaster
- Bill Neskovski - playwright
- B. Sandhya - Indian police officer and author
- Bundit Ungrangsee - orchestral conductor
- Victoria Thaine - actor, Caterpillar Wish
- Glenn Barkley - director, Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney
- Lisa Havilah - curator
- Dan Ginnane - Broadcaster on Triple M Radio and ESPN Television 
- The Common Cold Poetry Collective - Performance poets
- The Bracket Creeps - poetry boyband
- Gareth Ward - Local Councillor on Shoalhaven City Council, Graduate Member of University Council, politician
- Mikelangelo - from Mikelangelo and the Black Sea Gentlemen
- Michael Byrne - Australian Poet
- Building 25 - young and emerging theatre group
- Lenny Ann Low - journalist and performer
- Bryan Doyle MP - NSW State Member for Campbelltown
- Dr Alex Zelinsky - Chief Defence Scientist of Australia, co-founder Seeing Machines Limited, serves on UoW Council
- "Curtin Business School: Keynote Speakers, 2007". Retrieved 2008-10-10.
- A/Prof Kwan-Wu Chin, www.uow.edu.au
- Fletcher, Paul (2008-04-25). "Peacock dares to dream". BBC. Retrieved 2008-04-25.
- "Roller Coasters". The Sydney Morning Herald. 11 May 2005. Retrieved 12 September 2007.
- "A Curious Intimacy by Jessica White - School of the Arts, English and Media @ UOW". Uow.edu.au. 2009-02-17. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "Video interview with Dan Ginnane". Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- "UOW News -Common Cold Poetry Collective holds debut reading". Media.uow.edu.au. 2007-05-25. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "The Illawarra Mercury, 19 February 2008, 'Poetry Creeps Take To Opera House',". Retrieved 2008-03-05.
- "Blog account of Mikel Simic at Wollongong University".
- "The Sydney Morning Herald, 4 April 2007, 'Gadgets and Mikelangelo and the Black sea Gentlemen',". 2007-04-04. Retrieved 2008-03-05.
- Board of Directors, Seeing Machines Limited.
- UOW Council, www.uow.edu.au