List of Warcraft locations
||This article describes a work or element of fiction in a primarily in-universe style. (April 2014)|
This page contains the different locations in Warcraft ranging from the islands, the continents, the planets, the planes of existence, and the elemental planes.
Azeroth is the name of a planet that is the main setting of Warcraft. The Old Gods used to rule Azeroth with their Elemental Lieutenants until they were overthrown by the Titans
The Eastern Kingdoms are the eastern continents on Azeroth.
The Azeroth Continent' is one of the three continents that form the Eastern Kingdoms. It was held at some time by the Horde until it was freed by the Alliance.
- Blasted Lands - The Blasted Lands is a wasted desert area that was twisted by magic that was brought through the Dark Portal.
- Burning Steppes - The Burning Steppes hold the only accessible land passage from the Kingdom of Stormwind to Khaz Modan and Lordaeron. The highway is thus well traveled, but still very dangerous. Now virtually abandoned by the Kingdom of Stormwind, the Burning Steppes is controlled by minions of the black Dragonflight and agents of the fire lord Ragnaros.
- Deadwind Pass - Deadwind Past is a contested zone that is located in the center of Azeroth. Years ago, it was considered a part of the Redridge Mountains.
- Duskwood - Duskwood is a cursed dying location that is in the south-central part of Azeroth.
- Elwynn Forest - Elwynn Forest is a lush forest that is below the foothills of the Burning Steppes. The human kingdom of Stormwind is located here.
- Redridge Mountains - The Redridge Mountains is a mountain range that is east of Elwynn Forest, northeast of Duskwood, and south of the Burning Steppes. It is filled with rushing rivers, towering elms, and rising elevation.
- Stranglethorn Vale - Stranglethorn Vale is a vast jungle that is south of Duskwood. The Stranglethorn vines reside here and a pirate group called the Blackwater Raiders reside in Booty Bay.
- Swamp of Sorrows - The Swamp of Sorrows is a swamp that is filled with sucking bogs and weeping trees.
- Westfall - Westfall was once a rich agricultural land that was once under the Alliance's control until it was stolen from them by bitter people.
Khaz Modan is a mountainous continent that is one of the three continents that make up the Eastern Kingdoms and is home to the local dwarves. It is the home of the Ironforge Clan which is ruled by the Bronzebeard Clan.
- Badlands - The Badlands is a cracked desert of dry grounds, scattered boulders, and winding canyons. Only the hardiest of creatures can survive in the arid wastes such as coyotes, cougars and buzzards.
- Dun Morogh - Dun Morogh is a snowy region located between Loch Modan to the East and the Wetlands to the north.
- Loch Modan - Loch Modan is a forest area that has a huge lake (which Loch Modan takes its name from) and an abandoned archaeological dig site.
- Searing Gorge - Searing Gorge is an area with the same climate as the Burning Steppes.
- Wetlands - The Wetlands is an area filled with small ponds, lakes, and rivers. While all three sides are bordered by mountains, its western area is opened to the oceans.
Lordaedon is a subcontinent in the Eastern Kingdoms.
'Vashj'ir is an undersea kingdom that is featured in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. It was originally a Highborne City before it was swallowed by the sea during the cataclysm.
Kalimdor is a continent that is west of the Eastern Kingdoms and is southwest of Northrend.
Central Kalimdor is the central region in Kalimdor.
- Barrens - The Barrens is a large zone in Central Kalimdor that is controlled by the Horde. It is a massive savanna with a few oasis.
- Desolace - Desolace is a rocky wasteland filled with bones that has a stormy black sky and yellow polluted waters.
- Durotar - Durotar is a rocky area with red cracked soil, cacti, and water holes.
- Dustwallow Marsh - Dustwallow Marsh is a vast and ancient swamp area that is home to many old and wonderful beasts. The trees there obscure all sunlight.
- Mulgore - Mulgore is a green plains area that is home to the Taurens. It is nestled into the foothills of Stonetalon Mountain. It is protected by a natural wall of mountains on all sides.
- Stonetalon Mountains - The Stonetalon Mountains are a range of peaks that are home to the Harpies.
Northern Kalimdor is the northern region in Kalimdor.
- Ashenvale - Ashenvale is a large wilderness region that is the home of the Night Elves.
- Azshara - Azshara is a beautiful coastal area that is cloaked in eternal autumn.
- Darkshore - Darkshore is a jagged coastline in the northwestern part of Kalimdor that has gloomy woods and rocky beaches that have ancient ruins and mountainside caves.
- Felwood - Felwood is a corrupted forest that has no villages or people living there.
- Moonglade - Moonglade is a lush forest that is untouched by corruption and is surrounded by tall mountains. It serves as a haven for druids and the night elves and taurens there coexist peacefully.
- Teldrassil - Tedrassil is a forest-filled island where one huge tree grows off the coast of Kalimdor.
- Winterspring - Winterspring is a snow-covered valley.
Southern Kalimdor is the southern region of Kalimdor and is the wildest areas of Kalimdor.
- Feralas - Feralas is a large lush rainforest filled with huge ancient trees.
- Silithus - Silithus is a huge desert in the southwestern tip of Kalimdor.
- Tanaris - Tanaris is a desert that is exposed to many dangerous sandstorms.
- Thousand Needles - Thousand Needles is a huge wet canyons filled with towering mesas.
- Un'Goro Crater - Un'Goro is a massive crater full of amazingly lush jungle and teeming with life. Dinosaurs roam freely here as the land is wild and unpredictable.
Northrend is a northern icy continent which serves as the evil source of the Scourge.
Pandaria is a legendary place in World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria that is filled with bamboo forests that is located in the southern parts Azeroth. It is the home of the Pandarens.
- Dread Wastes - The Dread Wastes are an area where massive trees dot its interior and has various swamps and bogs.
- Jade Forest - The Jade Forest is an area that is filled by rainforests and stone spires. Some of the stone spires have Pandaren houses on them.
- Krasarang Wilds - Krasarang Wilds is a grassland that is just down the slope from the Valley of the Four Winds.
- Kun-Lai Summit - Kun-Lai Summit has its lowlands consisting of hills of tundra with pockets of trees.
- Townlong Steppes - The Townlong Steppes is a contiguous area of steppes filled with grass-covered hills sprinkled with red-leafed trees.
- Vale of Eternal Blossom - The Vale of Eternal Blossom is a location in the center of Pandaria and is the highest sub-level on Pandaria. The majority of the Vale is covered in golden-leaved trees, giving the zone an eternally autumn feel.
- Veiled Stair - The Veiled Stair is an area that sits high in the mountains where much of the area is gray stone or rocky peaks topped with grass.
- Wandering Isle - The Wandering Isle is an island that has its own ecosystem on the back of a giant turtle known as Shen-zin Su (who mostly floats on the surface of the ocean). The Wandering Isle left Pandaria 1,000 years ago and kept growing. It inhabited by the descendants of pandaren wanderers who ventured beyond the mists of Pandaria to explore the world. The player character begins at an academy, where they undergo extensive training in the fighting arts and the philosophies of the pandaren. Shen-zin Su remarks on a "thorn" in his side that prevents him from swimming straight, putting the Wandering Isle in danger. The "thorn" is revealed to be the crash of a flying Alliance warship carrying Horde prisoners from the initial battles for Pandaria. After rescuing the survivors, the pandaren return to their temple to "choose their destiny" - to either join the Alliance or the Horde. The player then flies by hot air balloon to the gates of Stormwind (Alliance) or Orgrimmar (Horde) with the chosen representative(s) of their people.
Argus was the original homeworld of the eredar (and hence the draenei who are physically identical to the original eredar). It was apparently a utopian world whose inhabitants were both vastly intelligent and highly gifted in magic.
Draenor was the homeworld of the Orcs. Following the fight with the Alliance, Draenor was destroyed and its remnants became Outland.
Outland is an extradimensional realm that is made from the floating remnants of Draenor.
- Planets at World of Warcraft Wiki
- Continents at World of Warcraft Wiki
- Zones at World of Warcraft Wiki