List of World War I flying aces from India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of World War I flying aces from British India.
- Captain Lawrence Percival Coombes garnered 15 aerial victories as a Sopwith Camel pilot for the Royal Naval Air Service and the Royal Air Force
- Captain Edward Dawson Atkinson was credited with 10 aerial victories in two combat tours, one while flying a Nieuport and another flying a Royal Aircraft Factory SE.5a
- Captain Indra Lal Roy was credited with 10 aerial victories while piloting a Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5a in No. 40 Squadron RFC
- Captain (later Group Captain) Arthur Peck of No. 111 Squadron RFC was credited with eight aerial victories.
- Captain Douglas Carbery scored six confirmed aerial victories while serving as an aerial observer in various squadrons
- Lieutenant Thomas Cecil Silwood Tuffield had six aerial victories confirmed while flying as an observer in 48 Squadron's Bristol F.2 Fighters
- Captain George M. Cox scored five aerial victories as a Sopwith Camel pilot for No. 65 Squadron RAF.
- Franks, Norman; Guest, Russell; Alegi, Gregory. Above the War Fronts: The British Two-seater Bomber Pilot and Observer Aces, the British Two-seater Fighter Observer Aces, and the Belgian, Italian, Austro-Hungarian and Russian Fighter Aces, 1914–1918. Grub Street, 1997. ISBN 1-898697-56-6, ISBN 978-1-898697-56-5.
- Shores, Christopher F.; Norman Franks; Guest, Russell. Above the Trenches: A Complete Record of the Fighter Aces and Units of the British Empire Air Forces 1915-1920. Grub Street, 1990. ISBN 0-948817-19-4, ISBN 978-0-948817-19-9.
- "Lawrence Coombes". theaerodrome.com. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- Shores, et al, p. 120.
- "Edward Atkinson". theaerodrome.com. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- http://jpgleize.perso.neuf.fr/aces/ww1asi.htm Retrieved 21 March 2011.
- Shores, et al, pp. 327-328.
- "Indra Roy". theaerodrome.com. Retrieved 21 March 2011.
- Shores, et al, p. 301.
- "Thomas Tuffield". Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- Shores, et al, p. 124.