List of aircraft of the Army Air Corps (United Kingdom)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009)|
This is a list of aircraft of the Army Air Corps of the United Kingdom.
From its founding in 1942:
- Taylorcraft Auster
- Auster AOP.6
- General Aircraft Hotspur
- General Aircraft Hamilcar
- Airspeed Horsa
- Waco Hadrian
- Waco YKC and ZGC-7 - Two civil aircraft purchased by the British Army in Egypt and used by the Long Range Desert Group.
- Bell 212
- Agusta A109
- Sud Aviation Alouette II
- Westland Apache
- Westland Gazelle
- Westland Sioux
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter
- Westland Lynx
- Westland Scout
- Eurocopter Squirrel
- Auster AOP.9
- de Havilland Canada Beaver (now in the Army Historic Aircraft Flight)
- de Havilland Canada Chipmunk (now in the Army Historic Aircraft Flight)
- Britten-Norman Islander/Defender
- Slingsby Firefly T-67M260 (at 674 Squadron, DEFTS) (withdrawn December 2010)
- Slingsby Firefly 160 (at Army Flying Grading) (withdrawn December 2010)
- Grob Tutor light fixed wing trainer (at 674 Squadron, DEFTS and Army Flying Grading)
- SS.11 - Obsolete air-to-surface, wire-guided anti-tank missile.
- AGM-114 Hellfire - Air-to-surface, laser-guided anti-tank missile.
- BGM-71 TOW - Air-to-surface, anti-tank guided missile.
Notes and references
- licence built Bell design by both Westland and Agusta