List of airports in Cape Verde
This is a list of airports in Cape Verde, which have been historically an important infrastructural need for the economy and development of the country, since being an archipelago makes it impossible to have terrestrial links between the main cities and towns. As such, in addition to frequent maritime connections, every island except Brava has a domestic airport, and the number of international airports have been increasing sharply in the recent years.
Praia Airport, which was opened to international flights on September 2005, caters mainly to the Cape Verdian diaspora; Sal Airport, which previously handled all international flights, currently serves mainly the tourist industry of Sal Island. In late 2009 the São Pedro Airport (VXE) on the island of São Vicente became the new São Pedro International airport (VXR).
|ISLAND||CITY / TOWN||ICAO||IATA||AIRPORT NAME||Coordinates|
|Boa Vista||Rabil||GVBA||BVC||Aristides Pereira International Airport|
|Fogo||São Filipe||GVSF||SFL||São Filipe Airport|
|Maio||Vila do Maio||GVMA||MMO||Maio Airport|
|Mosteiros||São Filipe||GVMT||MTI||Mosteiros Airport|
|Sal||Espargos||GVAC||SID||Amílcar Cabral International Airport|
|Santiago||Praia||GVNP||RAI||Praia International Airport|
|Santo Antão||Ponta do Sol||GVAN||NTO||Agostinho Neto Airport|
|São Nicolau||Preguiça||GVSN||SNE||Preguiça Airport|
|São Vicente||São Pedro||GVSV||VXE||Cesária Évora Airport|
- Transport in Cape Verde
- List of airports by ICAO code: G#GV - Cape Verde
- Wikipedia: WikiProject Aviation/Airline destination lists: Africa#Cape Verde
- "ICAO Location Indicators by State" (PDF). International Civil Aviation Organization. 17 September 2010.
- "UN Location Codes: Cape Verde (includes IATA codes)". UN/LOCODE 2011-2. UNECE. 28 February 2012.
- Great Circle Mapper: Airports in Cape Verde
- World Aero Data: Cape Verde