List of airports in the Netherlands
The largest airport by far is Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, which is one of the largest in Europe. Smaller airports with scheduled passenger service are Rotterdam The Hague Airport (formerly known as Zestienhoven), Groningen Airport Eelde, Eindhoven Airport and Maastricht Aachen Airport. De Peel, Valkenburg and Soesterberg have been closed as a military airports and are now mainly used by gliders. The future of the former military airport, Twente, is uncertain.
For Middenmeer and Oostwold the locators EHMM and EHOW respectively are used on occasion; however, they have not yet been officially assigned to these airports by ICAO. Jeppesen uses location code EH01 for Oostwold airport (not to be confused with the EH0001 locator assigned by the Dutch authorities to the VU Medisch Centrum helipad in Amsterdam).
Rarely used helipads without an ICAO indicator, offshore oilrigs and small glider fields are not included in this list. Medical helipads have been assigned the identification codes EH0001 to EH0031 by the Dutch authorities, but these are not official ICAO indicators and thus these helipads are not included in this list. The Maasvlakte and IJmuiden helipads are restricted to maritime piloting services and are not connected to the AFTN network. Air Operations Control Station Nieuw-Milligen is a military air traffic control centre and has a single helipad for military use.
After the dissolution of the Netherlands Antilles the airports on Bonaire, Saba and Sint Eustatius became a part of the Netherlands, however they use the TN prefix instead of EH which is used for other Dutch airports.
Airport names shown in bold indicate the airport is used by scheduled airlines.
- List of airports by ICAO code: E#EH - Netherlands
- List of airports in the Netherlands Antilles
- Transport in the Netherlands
- Wikipedia: WikiProject Aviation/Airline destination lists: Europe#Netherlands
- AIS the Netherlands
- "ICAO Location Indicators by State" (PDF). International Civil Aviation Organization. 17 September 2010.
- "IATA Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association.
- "UN Location Codes: Netherlands". UN/LOCODE 2012-1. UNECE. 14 September 2012. – includes IATA codes
- "Airports in the Netherlands". Great Circle Mapper. – IATA and ICAO codes
- "Airports in the Netherlands". World Aero Data. – ICAO codes, coordinates, airport data