List of airports in the Tampa Bay Area
The Tampa Bay Area serves as a major transportation hub for Florida and the Southeastern United States with three international airports, several local airports and a military airfield serving the area. The following airports are located in the eight-county area surrounding Tampa Bay, including the major cities of Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota, as well as surrounding communities.
International airports 
- Tampa International Airport (TPA) (IATA: TPA, ICAO: KTPA): Located in the western portion of the city, it handled 19,154,957 passengers in 2007, making it the 27th busiest airport by passenger movements in North America.
- Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) (IATA: SRQ, ICAO: KSRQ): Located between Bradenton and Sarasota.
- St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport (PIE) (IATA: PIE, ICAO: KPIE); Located in Feather Sound between St. Petersburg and Clearwater.
General aviation airports 
- Albert Whitted Airport (IATA: SPG, ICAO: KSPG) is located near Downtown St. Petersburg.
- Bartow Municipal Airport (IATA: BOW, ICAO: KBOW) is in Bartow.
- Clearwater Air Park (IATA: CLW, ICAO: KCLW) is in Clearwater.
- Crystal River Airport (ICAO: KCGC, FAA LID: CGC) is in Crystal River.
- Hernando County Airport (ICAO: KBKV, FAA LID: BKV) is located near Brooksville.
- Lakeland Linder Regional Airport (IATA: LAL, ICAO: KLAL) is in Lakeland.
- Lake Wales Municipal Airport (FAA LID: X07) is in Lake Wales.
- Peter O. Knight Airport (IATA: TPF, ICAO: KTPF) is located near Downtown Tampa.
- Plant City Airport (ICAO: KPCM, FAA LID: PCM) is in Plant City.
- Tampa Executive Airport (ICAO: KVDF, FAA LID: VDF) is located near Temple Terrace.
- Tampa North Aero Park (FAA LID: X39) is near Wesley Chapel.
- Venice Municipal Airport (IATA: VNC, ICAO: KVNC) is in Venice.
- Winter Haven's Gilbert Airport (IATA: GIF, ICAO: KGIF) is near Winter Haven.
- Zephyrhills Municipal Airport (IATA: ZPH, ICAO: KZPH) is in Zephyrhills.