List of animal advocacy parties
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Human Environment Animal Welfare Party (in German: Partei Mensch Umwelt Tierschutz, in short: Tierschutzpartei) was founded in Germany, in 1993.
- The Party for the Animals (in Dutch: Partij voor de Dieren) was founded in the Netherlands in 2002. It is represented in parliament with two seats by Marianne Thieme and Esther Ouwehand.
- The Animal Alliance Environment Voters Party of Canada was formed by the Animal Alliance of Canada and its Environment Voters subsidiary in 2005.
- The Party Against Bullfighting, Cruelty and Mistreatment to Animals (in Spanish: PACMA, Partido Antitaurino Contra el Maltrato Animal).
- The Animals Count party was launched in the UK in 2006.
- The Animal Protection Party was founded in England in 2008.
- The Partito Animalista Europeo was founded in Italy in 2006.
- The Partito Animalista Italiano was founded in Italy in 2008.
- The Partido pelos Animais e pela Natureza was founded in Portugal in 2009.
- The Animal Justice Party was founded in Australia in 2010.
- Fokus was founded in Denmark in 2010, originally as a splinter group from the Danish People's Party.
- The Animal Rights Party USA was founded in the United States in 2011. It is modeled after the Dutch Party for the Animals (PvdD). Like the PvdD, it is a political animal welfare organization that focuses on improving animal welfare and animal rights, and solving related environmental problems.