List of assets owned by The New York Times Company
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of assets owned by New York Times Company)
New York Times Media Group
New York Times' marquee newspapers.
- The New York Times of New York City including The International New York Times of Paris, France
Investment portfolio as of November 12, 2013.
- Dynamic Yield
- Federated Media Publishing (FMP)
- Keep Holdings
- True Ventures
Regional Media Group
- The Gadsden Times of Gadsden, Alabama
- The Tuscaloosa News of Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Petaluma Argus-Courier of Petaluma, California (weekly)
- The Press Democrat of Santa Rosa, California
- The Gainesville Sun of Gainesville, Florida
- The Ledger of Lakeland, Florida
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune of Sarasota, Florida
- Star-Banner of Ocala, Florida
- The Courier of Houma, Louisiana
- The Daily Comet of Thibodaux, Louisiana
- The Dispatch of Lexington, North Carolina
- Times-News of Hendersonville, North Carolina
- The Star-News of Wilmington, North Carolina
- Spartanburg Herald-Journal of Spartanburg, South Carolina
Broadcast Media Group
- WQEW Radio 1560am licensed to New York, New York, sold to The Walt Disney Company and is now an affiliate of Radio Disney.
- WQXR Radio 96.3fm licensed to New York, New York, sold to WNYC Foundation, moved to 105.9fm and City of License changed to Newark, New Jersey.
- KFOR-TV Channel 4 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma sold to Local TV, LLC.
- KFSM-TV Channel 5 in Fort Smith, Arkansas, sold to Oak Hill Capital Partners
- WHO-TV Channel 13 in Des Moines, Iowa, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WHNT-TV Channel 19 in Huntsville, Alabama, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WNEP-TV Channel 16 in Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WQAD-TV Channel 8 in Moline-Rock Island, Illinois, Sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WREG-TV Channel 3 in Memphis, Tennessee, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WTKR-TV Channel 3 in Norfolk, Virginia, sold to Local TV, LLC.
New England Media Group
- The Boston Globe of Boston, Massachusetts
- Telegram & Gazette of Worcester, Massachusetts
- Metro Boston LLC - 49%
The Globe and the other New England assets were sold to John Henry in August, 2013, with the sale taking effect at the end of October.
- Fenway Sports Group (17.75%, sold in 2012)
- About.com (sold in 2012)
- ConsumerSearch.com - bought by About.com on May 7, 2007 for US$33 Million.
- "The New York Times Company: Company: Business Units". The New York Times Company. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- "Early Stage Investments". The New York Times Company. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- Christine, Haughney (24 September 2012). "Times Company Completes Sale of About.com". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- "Business Units" at the New York Times Company website