List of assets owned by The New York Times Company
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of assets owned by The New York Times Company.
Newspapers and radio 
New York Times Media Group 
New York Times' marquee newspapers.
New England Media Group 
The New York Times Company announced on February 20, 2013, it is selling The Globe and its related assets.
Former assets 
Regional Media Group 
- The Gadsden Times of Gadsden, Alabama
- The Tuscaloosa News of Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Petaluma Argus-Courier of Petaluma, California (weekly)
- The Press Democrat of Santa Rosa, California
- The Gainesville Sun of Gainesville, Florida
- The Ledger of Lakeland, Florida
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune of Sarasota, Florida
- Star-Banner of Ocala, Florida
- The Courier of Houma, Louisiana
- The Daily Comet of Thibodaux, Louisiana
- The Dispatch of Lexington, North Carolina
- Times-News of Hendersonville, North Carolina
- The Star-News of Wilmington, North Carolina
- Spartanburg Herald-Journal of Spartanburg, South Carolina
Broadcast Media Group 
- WQEW Radio 1560am licensed to New York, New York, sold to The Walt Disney Company and is now an affiliate of Radio Disney.
- WQXR Radio 96.3fm licensed to New York, New York, sold to WNYC Foundation, moved to 105.9fm and City of License changed to Newark, New Jersey.
- KFOR-TV Channel 4 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma sold to Local TV, LLC.
- KFSM-TV Channel 5 in Fort Smith, Arkansas, sold to Oak Hill Capital Partners
- WHO-TV Channel 13 in Des Moines, Iowa, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WHNT-TV Channel 19 in Huntsville, Alabama, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WNEP-TV Channel 16 in Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WQAD-TV Channel 8 in Moline-Rock Island, Illinois, Sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WREG-TV Channel 3 in Memphis, Tennessee, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WTKR-TV Channel 3 in Norfolk, Virginia, sold to Local TV, LLC.
Joint ventures 
- Fenway Sports Group (17.75%)
- Donohue Malbaie, Inc. (49%) with Abitibi-Consolidated
- Madison Paper Industries (40%) in Madison, Maine
- ConsumerSearch.com - bought by About.com on May 7, 2007 for US$33 Million.
- The New York Times Syndicate and News Service
- "NY TIMES TO SELL BOSTON GLOBE". AP. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Business Units" at the New York Times Company website