List of attractions in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following is a list of tourist attractions in the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina area:
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, named the nation's #3 boardwalk by National Geographic
- Myrtle Waves, one of the largest water parks on the east coast.
- Family Kingdom Amusement Park, a classic seaside amusement park. Named #5 best amusement park in the country.
- Broadway at the Beach, a large entertainment festival complex including the Pavilion Nostalgia Park (including attractions from the Myrtle Beach Pavilion), Ripley's Aquarium, Magiquest, NASCAR SpeedPark, IMAX Theater, WonderWorks, Legends in Concert, Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock Cafe, and Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville.
- Freestyle Music Park (formerly Hard Rock Park, currently closed), a seasonal theme park park featuring amusement rides, live shows, interactive elements, kids' play areas, gardens, shopping and dining attractions. The park includes an amphitheater with 10,000-person capacity featuring live daily shows and special performances. Other amusements include a carousel, a water play structure and swings. Most attractions prominently feature music, bands, and rock memorabilia like its cafe counterpart.
- The Carolina Opry, a show that blends two hours of music, comedy and dance – from Broadway to country, from classic pop to rock'n roll, and gospel to bluegrass.
- Pirates Voyage Fun, Feast & Adventure, A pirate themed dinner theater operated by Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede located next to The Carolina Opry in Myrtle Beach.
- Medieval Times (Myrtle Beach), is a Medieval themed dinner theater located behind Freestyle Music Park in Myrtle Beach.
- Legends In Concert, featuring live concerts paying tribute to musical icons of today and yesterday.
- Barefoot Landing, a large shopping complex located in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Huntington Beach State Park (a coastal preserve) and Brookgreen Gardens (a sculpture garden and wildlife preserve) located in Murrells Inlet area
- Myrtle Beach State Park, a small state park located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It consists of several miles of forest that stretch along the Atlantic Ocean.
- Gay Dolphin Gift Cove, billed as the nation's largest gift shop with 26,000 square feet and 70,000 items in inventory.