List of banks in China
Banks owned by the central government
Banks owned by local governments
|Bank of Beijing||Beijing||Beijing municipal government|
|Bohai Bank||Tianjin||Tianjin municipal government|
|China Merchants Bank||Shenzhen|
|Shengjing Bank||Shenyang||Shenyang municipal government|
|Bank of Jinzhou||Jinzhou|
|Bank of Jilin||Changchun|
|Industrial Bank||Fuzhou||Fujian Provincial government|
|Fujian Haixia Bank||Fuzhou||Fuzhou municipal government|
|Guangdong Development Bank||Guangzhou|
|Bank of Ningbo||Ningbo||Ningbo municipal government|
|Ping An Bank||Shenzhen||State-owned Ping An Insurance Co.|
|Bank of Shanghai||Shanghai||Shanghai municipal government|
|Shanghai Pudong Development Bank||Shanghai|
|Shenzhen City Commercial Bank||Shenzhen||Shenzhen municipal government|
|Shenzhen Development Bank||Shenzhen|
|Zhejiang Tailong Commercial Bank||Taizhou||Taizhou municipal government|
Privately owned banks
Banks incorporated in the Special Administrative Regions
- Wing Hang Bank Limited (Banco Weng Hang, S.A.)
- Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited
- Bank of East Asia, Limited (The)
- China Construction Bank (Asia) Corporation Limited
- Chiyu Banking Corporation Limited
- Chong Hing Bank Limited
- Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited
- CITIC Ka Wah Bank Limited
- Columbia Bank Limited
- Dah Sing Bank Limited
- DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- Fubon Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- Hang Seng Bank Ltd.
- Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (The)
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Asia) Limited
- MEVAS Bank Limited
- Nanyang Commercial Bank, Limited
- Public Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- Shanghai Commercial Bank Ltd.
- Standard Bank Asia Limited
- Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- Tai Sang Bank Ltd.
- Tai Yau Bank Ltd.
- Wing Lung Bank Limited
- Banco Comercial de Macau, S.A.
- Banco Espírito Santo Asia Limited - Banco Espirito Santo do Oriente, S.A.
- Banco Nacional Ultramarino, S.A. (National Overseas Bank)
- China Construction Bank (Macau) Corporation Limited - Banco de Construcao da China (Macau), S.A.
- Delta Asia Bank Limited - Banco Delta Ásia, S.A.R.L.
- Luso International Banking Limited - Banco Luso Internacional, S.A.
- Seng Heng Bank Limited #NAME?
- Tai Fung Bank Limited - Banco Tai Fung, S.A.R.L.
- The Macau Chinese Bank Ltd. - Banco Chinês de Macau, S.A.
- Temple Zone Asian Bank Ltd. - San Yung S.A.R.L
The China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) announced on 24 December 2006 its approval for nine foreign-funded banks to start their preparatory work for setting up local corporations in China. Currently, even more banks have been able to incorporate locally in China.
* - Does not service individuals
- ABN AMRO (Netherlands) (now RBS China due to de-merging)
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group
- The Bank of East Asia (Hong Kong)
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Japan) *
- Citibank (United States)
- DBS Bank (Singapore)
- Hang Seng Bank (Hong Kong)
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (Hong Kong - see HSBC Bank (China))
- JPMorgan Chase Bank (United States) *
- Mizuho Corporate Bank (Japan) *
- Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation (Singapore)
- United Overseas Bank (Singapore)
- Standard Chartered Bank (United Kingdom)
- Wing Hang Bank (Hong Kong)
- Dah Sing Bank (Hong Kong)
- Woori Bank (South Korea)
- Shinhan Bank (South Korea)
- Hana Bank (South Korea)
- Societe Generale (France)
- Bank of Montreal (Canada)