List of baseball parks in Boston
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of baseball parks in Boston, Massachusetts)
- South End Grounds
- Occupant: Boston Red Stockings/Beaneaters/Braves - National Association (1871-1875) / National League (1876 - 1914 part)
- Location: Walpole Street (southwest, home plate); railroad tracks (northwest, left field); Columbus Avenue (southeast, right field)
- Currently: Parking lot between Northeastern University's Columbus Parking Garage and Ruggles Station of the Orange Line of the MBTA
- Dartmouth Grounds a.k.a. Union Park
- Occupant: Boston Reds/Unions - Union Association (1884)
- Location: Dartmouth Street and Huntington Avenue
- Congress Street Grounds
- Location: Congress Street (south); Farnsworth Street (west)
- Currently: Industrial, warehouses
- Huntington Avenue Grounds
- Occupant: Boston Red Sox - American League (1901-1912)
- Location: Huntington Avenue (northwest, left field); Rogers (now Forsyth) Street (southwest, third base); railroad tracks (southeast, first base); across the tracks to the north from South End Grounds
- Currently: Solomon Court at Cabot Center on the campus of Northeastern University
- Braves Field
- Occupant: Boston Braves - NL (mid-1915 - 1952)
- Location: Commonwealth Avenue (south, first base); Gaffney Street (east, right field); railroad tracks (north, left field); Babcock Street (west, third base)
- Currently: Nickerson Field
- Fenway Park
- Location: 4 Yawkey Way (Jersey Street) (southwest, third base); Brookline Avenue (northwest, left field corner); Lansdowne Street (north, left field); Ipswich Street (east, right field); Van Ness Street (southeast, first base)
- Peter Filichia, Professional Baseball Franchises, Facts on File, 1993.
- Phil Lowry, Green Cathedrals, several editions.
- Michael Benson, Ballparks of North America, McFarland, 1989.
- Lawrence Ritter, Lost Ballparks, Penguin, 1992.
- Marc Okkonen, Baseball Memories 1900-1909, Sterling, 1992.