List of baseball parks in Milwaukee
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of baseball parks in Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
- (1) West End Grounds
- Occupants: Milwaukee West Ends - independent (1876) - League Alliance (1877)
- Location: Wells Avenue, near city limits
- (2) Milwaukee Base-Ball Grounds
- Occupants: Milwaukee Brewers or Grays - National League (1878)
- Location: West Clybourn, North 10th, North 11th
- Currently: Underneath the Marquette Interchange of the freeway system
- (3) Wright Street Grounds
- Location: West Clarke, North 11th, North 12th, West Wright streets
- (4) Athletic Park
- Location: same as Borchert Field (see below)
- (5) Lloyd Street Grounds
- Location: West Lloyd Street (south, home plate); houses and businesses, and West North Avenue (north, center field); North 16th Street (east, right field/first base); houses and North 18th Street (west, left field/third base)
- (6) Borchert Field (previously Athletic Park and Brewer Field)
- Location: North 7th Street (first base, east); North 8th Street (third base, west); Chambers Street (home plate, south); Burleigh Street (north, center field)
- (7) Milwaukee County Stadium
- Location: 201 S. 46th St - Southwest of the intersection of Interstate 94 (I-94), U.S. Highway 41 (US 41), and Wisconsin Highway 341 (WIS 341).
- Currently: Structure razed in 2001, infield remains as Little League Baseball park Helfaer Field
- (8) Miller Park
- Occupant: Milwaukee Brewers - National League (2001-present)
- Location: 1 Brewers Way - Next to County Stadium site - Southwest of the intersection of I-94, US 41, and Miller Park Way (WIS 341).
- Peter Filichia, Professional Baseball Franchises, Facts on File, 1993.
- Phil Lowry, Green Cathedrals, several editions.
- Michael Benson, Ballparks of North America, McFarland, 1989.
- Brian A. Podoll, The Minor League Milwaukee Brewers, McFarland, 2003.
- Baseball Memories, by Marc Okkonen, Sterling Publishing, 1992.