List of book distributors
This is a list of book distributors, companies that act as distributors for book publishers, selling primarily to the book trade. The list includes defunct and merged/acquired companies, and distributors whose primary business is not books, such as comic books. The companies may provide exclusive distribution rights, or act as a wholesaler or warehouser of publisher's titles. Many of the companies distribute other products, and some also sell directly to the public. Book distributors offer a consolidated list of publisher's titles, such that bookstores can purchase from a wider range of publishers than if they had to open separate accounts with each publisher, who often require a minimum order that the bookstore cannot meet. Most small or independent publishers have relations with a distributor, including self-published authors, who often use services like Amazon.com to sell to the public. The large publishing companies, including the "Big Five" (Penguin Random House, Hachette, Macmillan, HarperCollins and Simon & Schuster), act as distributors for the numerous imprints they have acquired over the years.
- AK Press
- Amazon.com, not strictly a distributor to the trade, but acts as a de facto distributor for many self-published authors and small presses
- Baker and Taylor
- Bookpeople (defunct)
- Bud Plant Inc.
- Diamond Comic Distributors (comics)
- Capital City Distribution (comics, acquired by Diamond)
- DLB Books, Inc.
- New Media/Irjax (acquired by Diamond)
- East Coast Seagate Distribution, defunct comic book distributor run by Phil Seuling
- Heroes World Distribution, now owned by Marvel Comics
- Hopkins Fulfillment Services (part of Johns Hopkins University Press)
- International Specialized Book Services, Inc.
- Independent Publishers Group, owned by Chicago Review Press
- Ingram Content Group
- Koen Pacific, formerly Pacific Pipeline
- Last Gasp
- Midpoint Trade Books
- National Book Network, owned by publisher Rowman & Littlefield
- New Leaf Distributing Company
- Perseus Books Group
- Consortium Book Sales & Distribution (acquired by Perseus)
- Publishers Group West (acquired by Perseus)
- Send the Light
- Small Press Distribution
- TAN Books
- Texas Bookman
- Tuttle Publishing
- The University of Chicago Press, distribution (warehousing, fulfillment, and marketing) for many university presses and small non-profit publishers.
- Bertram Books, United Kingdom
- Diamond Comics, India
- Gardners Books, United Kingdom
- India Book House, India
- Reformers Bookshop, Australia
- Dangdang, China
- JD.com, China