List of brothels in Nevada
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (December 2013)|
This is a historical list of the legal brothels in Nevada. They are arranged by name within location (the nearest town or named place) within each county that licenses such establishments. Defunct establishments are retained for completeness. Note, however, that this list so far only covers the modern era of brothel prostitution in Nevada, from about 1950 onward, after the closure of the red light districts of Reno and Las Vegas.
As of June/July 2008[update] there were 28 legal brothels in Nevada. According to the Nevada Brothel Finder site, there are 24 legal brothels in Nevada as of February 2014. While prostitution is legal in parts of Nevada, it is illegal outside these licensed brothels. Prostitution is illegal under state law in Clark County, which contains Las Vegas and its metropolitan area. Other counties may choose to allow it, if they desire to. Currently Washoe County (which contains Reno), Carson City (an independent city), Douglas County, and Lincoln County ban brothels. Eureka County has no law on the books either permitting or prohibiting licensed brothels and currently has no brothels. The other counties permit brothels, but some of them do not currently have any active brothels.
- 1 Active brothels
- 1.1 Elko County
- 1.2 Humboldt County
- 1.3 Lander County
- 1.4 Lyon County
- 1.5 Mineral County
- 1.6 Nye County
- 1.7 Storey County
- 1.8 White Pine County
- 2 Defunct brothels
- 2.1 Churchill County
- 2.2 Elko County
- 2.3 Esmeralda County
- 2.4 Eureka County
- 2.5 Humboldt County
- 2.6 Lander County
- 2.7 Lincoln County
- 2.8 Lyon County
- 2.9 Mineral County
- 2.10 Nye County
- 2.11 Pershing County
- 2.12 Storey County
- 2.13 White Pine County
- 3 References
- 4 External links
- Villa Joy brothel - (Reopened 2010) 
- Wild West Saloon - (Reopened 2010) 
- PussyCat Saloon and Brothel
- Calico Club
By local ordinance, brothels are restricted to the Mound House area.
- The Love Ranch (Formerly Bunnyranch II, Kitty's, and various other names)
- Moonlite BunnyRanch
- Sagebrush Ranch
- Wild Cat Brothel
- Alien Cathouse (sometimes referred to as "Lathrop Wells")
- Crystal Love Ranch (also known as Mabel's Whorehouse and/or Madame Butterfly's) near Crystal. This business was purchased by Dennis Hof, owner of two prominent Northern Nevada brothels, in the fall of 2010. Formerly called the Cherry Patch Ranch.
- Angel's Ladies (formerly Fran's Star Ranch and Circle C Ranch)
- Shady Lady Ranch, south of Scotty's Junction between Nye County Mile Markers 91 and 92 on US95
White Pine County
- PJ's Lucky Strike (closed, early 2000s)
- No. 1 Geisha (formerly Mona Lisa Ranch and CharDon's Club closed in 2010)
- Cottontail Ranch (currently closed)
- Pat's Country Club
- Simones de Paris (closed and demolished)
- Pussycat Ranch - closed and its building demolished 
- My Place Bar and Brothel (formerly Irene's Combination Bar; closed and demolished)
- Pussycat Saloon - (closed and demolished) 
Prostitution made illegal in 1978, but several legal brothels operated before then.
- Betty's Coyote Springs Ranch
- Sheri's Ranch (original)
Restricted brothels to Mound House area, east of Carson City, in 1970, forcing brothels in other parts of the county to close.
- Town House Guest Ranch (closed, 1970)
- Desert Dollhouse/The Green Front (operated, 1970s to early 1990s)
- B.J.'s (operated, early 1980s)
- Ash Meadows Sky Ranch (Active fifties through seventies)
Ash Meadows brothel, motel, and dirt airstrip was located a short distance from the small town of Death Valley Junction. The facilities consisted of a small motel, bar, and brothel. The dirt and gravel airstrip was on the southside, running North and South. The North end adjoined the small facility. It was a fairly secluded location in the high desert.
- Red Rooster (operated prior to 1970s)
- Weeping Willow (operated prior to 1970s)
- Vickie's Star Ranch (operated prior to 1970s)
- Bikini's Gentlemen's Club (currently closed)  According to their site - temporarily closed for remodeling and vacations. 
- Janie's Ranch, (On Hwy 6. Closed around 1989. Currently demolished)
- Bobbie's Buckeye Bar
- Monterey Bar
- Roadhouse (closed about 1970)
- Mustang Ranch (original, closed 1999)
- Old Bridge Ranch near Mustang (Closed Summer 2008)
- Triangle River Ranch (1955–1960; reported to have been operating illegally; located at junction of Storey, Washoe, and Lyon Counties; brothel trailers were moved across county boundaries as legal situation dictated)
White Pine County
- Green Lantern (Closed, circa 2000)
- Stardust Ranch
- Big Four Ranch
- "Nevada Brothels Hit Hard by Gas Prices".
- "Nevada Brothels Feel Pinch of Higher Fuel Prices".
- McKenna, Barrie (July 4, 2008). "Nevada brothel's 'shady' deal: Come often, get free gas". The San Francisco Chronicle.
- "Nevada Brothel Finder - All Brothels". nevadabrothelfinder.com. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Dovetail Ranch".
- "Sharon's Brothel & Bar".
- "Inez's D&D Bar".
- "Mona's Ranch".
- "Sue's Fantasy Club".
- "Bella's Gentlemen's Club/Hacienda Ranch".
- "Speed Racer's LPIN Driving Directions: Winnemucca".
- "PussyCat Saloon and Brothel".
- "Calico Club".
- "Wild Cat Brothel".
- Wall Street Journal, October 20, 2004, page A12
- ""Speed Racer's" Driving Directions to Nevada's Legal Brothels". Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- NVBrothels.net (Archived pages, the Internet Archive, August 8, 2003):
- Nevada Brothels Map – Current list of all operating brothels in Nevada and a map with locations.