This is a list of common buzzwords which form part of the jargon of corporate, academic, government, and everyday work and social environments, as well as by writers and public speakers.
General conversation 
Business, sales and marketing 
Science and technology 
Politics and current affairs 
See also 
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j "Buzzwords Gone Bad". Marketing Today. Retrieved 2008-01-04. "The national poll includes responses from 150 senior executives – including those from human resources, finance and marketing departments – with the nation’s 1,000 largest companies."
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l Columbus Alive: Buzz Kill
- ^ http://www.johnsmurf.com/jargon.htm
- ^ "Georgia Aspires to “Lead the Nation in Improving Student Achievement” US Education Delivery Institute http://www.deliveryinstitute.org/deliveryinaction/georgia-aspires-%E2%80%9Clead-nation-improving-student-achievement%E2%80%9D
- ^ , Slate, May 1, 20013
- ^ Diversity, more than a buzz word, The Daily Campus, February 19, 2004
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n BuzzWhack.com
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j Buzzword Hell
- ^ Penn State University Press: Globalization: Buzzword or New Phenomenon?
- ^ a b c d e "Business buzzword hall of fame". Blethen Maine Newspapers. September 2002. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- ^ Megan Patrick (2011-01-18), Most Annoying Buzzwords, retrieved 2013-01-10
- ^ a b c "The Buzzword Bingo Book: The Complete, Definitive Guide to the Underground Workplace Game of Doublespeak", author: Benjamin Yoskovitz, publisher: Villard, ISBN 978-0-375-75348-0
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Cnet.com's Top 10 Buzzwords
- ^ http://www.thedailymuse.com/career/business-jargon/ Business Buzzwords to Banish from your Vocabulary, by Anneke Jong, September 15, 2011 accessed 7 Sep 2012
- ^ a b c Is it time to buck the buzzword trend?, The Age
- ^ BuzzWhack, The Buzzword-Compliant Dictionary: S
- ^ American School Board Journal: Case Studies
- ^ http://www.cse.ucla.edu/products/reports/r670.pdf
- ^ by Kevin Killion, "Education Buzzwords: Image and Reality"
- ^ RICE Fund: Hedge Fund Monthly: The RICE Fund: Returns Invested in Children and Education http://www.eurekahedge.com/news/06_june_the_RICE_fund.asp
- ^ Tom Abate, "Would Kids Be Better Off If Schools Were Run Like Business? / Silicon Valley execs propose ballot initiative" http://articles.sfgate.com/1998-09-08/business/17729946_1_public-school-silicon-valley-public-education
- ^ Chris Opsal, "Engagement: A Brief Visual Overview of an Educational Buzzword" https://attendengageinvest.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/engagement-a-brief-visual-overview-of-an-educational-buzzword/
- ^ Michael D. Spiegler, "Reflections on the 2010 Student Engagement Seminar" http://www.providence.edu/cte/Documents/spiegler.pdf
- ^ Kenny, G. Kenny, D. and Dumont, R. (1995) Mission and Place: Strengthening Learning and Community Through Campus Design. Oryx/Greenwood. p. 37
- ^ 'Analytics' buzzword needs careful definition. 7 February 2006. Accessed on: 6 January 2010
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q Evolt: Buzzword Bingo
- ^ a b India Daily: The coming wave of Knowledge Process Outsourcing
- ^ Multichannel Merchant: BPO Adaptability: Boardroom Buzzword or Competitive Advantage?
- ^ WordSpy: buzzword-compliant
- ^ Cloud Computing
- ^ FindArticles: Co-opetition: buzzword or serious IT strategy?
- ^ 
- ^ http://www.learnings.org/learn.asp?word=enable&d=101
- ^ a b c The WordSpy: Business buzzwords category
- ^ http://www.funkydragon.org.uk/en/fe/page.asp?n1=1105&n2=21&n3=1164&n4=70
- ^ What looms large on the media landscape as we hurtle towards 2012?, Irish Times
- ^ http://www.adamsherk.com/public-relations/most-overused-press-release-buzzwords/
- ^ Meeting the Halal Test, Forbes Magazine
- ^ The Register: The Long Tail's maths begin to crumble
- ^ WordSpy: Low-hanging fruit
- ^ Buzzword of the Week: Bringing the 'Pain Point'
- ^ Global Business Watch: Rightshoring: The Latest Outsourcing Buzzword
- ^ http://www.pragmaticmarketing.com/publications/magazine/4/2/buzzword
- ^ a b c d e f g h Buzzword Alert: Top 20 IT Buzzwords of 2006
- ^ The new business buzzword is: sustainability
- ^ Talking Work: Buzz-off Buzzwords
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q Online Consultation Centre of Expertise – Buzzword Glossary
- ^ AllBusiness: Benchmarking 101
- ^ Evolt.org: Buzzword Bingo
- ^ David F. Flanders (16 October 2008). "Cloud Buzzword Glossary".
- ^ a b c d e IT Toolbox: Knowledge Management Knowledge Base
- ^ Convergence Culture Consortium: The Convergence Manifesto I: Convergence – The Buzzword
- ^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_science#Internet_Forums
- ^ Thirteenth Parallel: Coding For Portability, Part 2
- ^ Industry Watch: Behind the APM and DevOps buzzwords
- ^ Scenta Music Features: Remixing, remastering, rejuvenating
- ^ Digital Content Producer.com: Picture This: Digital Signage
- ^ InsideKnowledge Magazine: The winning formula: A blended approach to cross-platform content
- ^ 
- ^ Enterprise Service Bus (ESB): Lasting concept or latest buzzword?
- ^ FAQs.org: Introduction to Fuzzy Logic and Fuzzy Control
- ^ HTML5 is a Brand
- ^ a b N-Gage At E3 Showcases Immersive Games And Next-Generation Mobile Gaming
- ^ interim thoughts...: Too much innovation
- ^ The Hindu Business Line : Mobile is the buzzword
- ^ University of Minnesota, Center for Cognitive Sciences: The modularity of mind
- ^ The Register: Sun takes Storagetek modular
- ^ Piscataquis County Economic Development Council: UMaine opens state-of-the-art lab
- ^ Pizzazz Explained
- ^ HTML9 Responsive BoilerStrap
- ^ Zend Developer Zone: An Interview With George Schlossnagle
- ^ OE Magazine: The Sporty New JPEG Model
- ^ OnJava: What Is Struts
- ^ Transmedia tales and the future of storytelling, Wired UK
- ^ Personal Democracy Forum
- ^ BusinessWeek Online: Vortal Combat: The Early Years
- ^ a b Global Language Monitor
- ^ Communication Arts Magazine: Web ReDesign: Workflow that Works
- ^ Medical Strategic Planning: EHR Terminology
- ^ Big Society
- ^ Facet Publishing: Challenge and Change in the Information Society
- ^ Slate: What is "political capital", anyway?
- ^ 
- ^ "Socialism And The Politics Of Fear". CBS News. 2009-07-22.
- ^ BBC News: Hard hat time for rail champion
- ^ BuzzWhack: 10 phrases
External links