List of camera types
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Camera, the general term.
- Still camera, a device used to take photographs, singly
- Digital camera, an electronic device used to capture and store photographs electronically
- Video camera, a portable electronic device for recording video images and audio onto a storage device
- Camera phone, a mobile phone combined with a built-in digital camera
- Virtual camera, in computing and gaming
- The term camera is also used, for devices producing images or image sequences from measurements of the physical world, or when the image formation cannot be described as photographic. Examples are
- Range cameras which produce images of the distance to each point in the scene,
- Ultrasonography uses ultrasonic cameras that produce images of the absorption of ultra-sonic energy, and
- Magnetic resonance imaging is sometimes called a MRI camera which produce images showing, internal structure of different parts of a patient's body.