List of HSC ferry routes
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of catamaran ferry routes)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2008)|
This is a list of high-speed craft ferry routes.
- BornholmerFærgen - Denmark to Sweden
- Stena Line HSS class 1500 (High-speed Sea Service)
- Stena Line HSS class 900 (High-speed Sea Service)
- Stena Line (Incat 81 m catamaran)
- Jonathan Swift operated by Irish Ferries between Dublin, Republic of Ireland and Holyhead, United Kingdom
- Condor Ferries - United Kingdom to the Channel Islands and France.
- Brittany Ferries - UK to France
- P&O Express, P&O Irish Sea running between Troon, Scotland or Cairnryan, Scotland and Larne, Northern Ireland.
- Red Funnel - Southampton, United Kingdom to Cowes, Isle of Wight.
- Isle of Man Steam Packet Company - Douglas to Liverpool, Belfast and Dublin
- Wightlink - Portsmouth, United Kingdom to Ryde, Isle of Wight.
- Our Lady Pamela, Wight Ryder 1, Wight Ryder 2, FastCat Shanklin and FastCat Ryde. All passenger-only catamarans.
- Manche Iles Express - France to the Channel Islands.
- A number of high-speed catamarans are used as ferries from Piraeus to various islands of the Aegean Sea, including Crete. See for example Highspeed run by company Hellenic Seaways From Heraklion to Santorini, Ios, Paros, Naxos, Mykonos HighSpeed5 and Flyingcat4.
- Virtu Ferries - Malta to Sicily
- MV Jean de la Valette
- Pentland Ferries - Gills bay, Scotland to St. Margarets Hope in Orkney
- Fjord Line AS, service between Hirtshals (Denmark) and Kristiansand (Norway) with the HSC Fjord Cat catamaran for passengers and vehicles.
- Buquebus is an Uruguayan/Argentine company which operates ferry services from Montevideo, Colonia and Piriapolis to Buenos Aires.
- SeaStreak operates a high speed ferry service with four 400 passenger catamarans and one 149 passenger catamaran between Central New Jersey and Manhattan. From April to November they offer trips from Central New Jersey to New Bedford, Massachusetts and Martha's Vineyard on two 149 passenger boats.
- MBTA Harbor Express operates two 149-passenger catamarans connecting Quincy, MA and Hull, MA with Downtown Boston and Logan Airport.
- Interstate Navigation operates the Athena between Point Judith, RI and Block Island, RI.
- The Salem Ferry connects Salem, MA and Downtown Boston in 45 minutes, sailing at over 30 knots (56 km/h).
- Vineyard Fast Ferry operates high-speed service between Quonset Point, North Kingstown, RI and Martha's Vineyard with the Millennium, a 400 passenger high-speed catamaran with service speed of 35 knots (65 km/h).
- The Victoria Clipper III and IV of Clipper Navigation, Inc. provide ferry service between Victoria and Seattle.
- Arnold Transit Company provides passenger service to Mackinac Island with its fleet of 3 high speed catamarans.
- Catalina Express provides daily service to Catalina Island from San Pedro, Long Beach, California and Dana Point, California.
- Catalina Flyer out of Newport Beach, California is a 500-passenger high-speed catamaran to and from Avalon, California on Santa Catalina Island.
- Lake Express running between Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Muskegon, Michigan
- New England Fast Ferry- Operates between New Bedford MA, and Vineyard Haven and Oak Bluffs on the Island of Martha's Vineyard. nefastferry.com
- The Jet Express Fleet A fleet of four high-speed water-jet–powered catamarans serving Lake Erie Islands South Bass and Kelleys' from Port Clinton and Sandusky, OH.
- Catamaran service between Seattle and Bremerton on board the Rachel Marie with the Kitsap Ferry Company
- SeaBus ferries linking North Vancouver and Downtown Vancouver, British Columbia.
- CNM Evolution, high-speed passenger & vehicle catamaran that travels between Rimouski, Quebec, Canada and Forestville, Quebec, Canada. The ferry travels across the St. Lawrence River, and can accommodate 175 passengers, 30 vehicles while travelling at speeds up to 30 nautical miles (56 km) per hour. The boat was built in Norway and has 2 2,800 hp engines. The ferry service is operated by Traverse Rimouski-Forestville.
- Aqualink catamaran ferry between Alamitos Bay and Long Beach Harbor in Long Beach, USA.
- Baylink catamaran ferry between Vallejo and San Francisco.
- Golden Gate Ferry operates four catamaran ferries between Marin County and San Francisco, along with three older monohulls in secondary service.
- Conferry provides service between Puerto La Cruz and Margarita Island in Venezuela with its fleet of 2 HSC's, "Carmen Ernestina" and "Lilia Concepción".
- The T&T Express and the T&T Spirit, both owned by the Trinidad and Tobago government, are two HSCs that provide a daily ferry service between Trinidad and Tobago.
- SSTH Ocean Arrow
- FoilCat, FlyingCat and Tricat operated by Turbojet Ferry, running between Hong Kong and Macau. (Turbojet also operates a fleet of hydrofoils, mainly Boeing Jetfoil. FoilCat is in fact a hybrid of hydrofoil and catamaran.)
- Multiple companies, such as 2GO Travel, OceanJet and Weesam Express, offer HSC services connecting the most populated islands in the Philippines, for instance between Iloilo City and Bacolod and between Cebu City and Tagbilaran.
- (Lomprayah High Speed Ferries, Koh Samui to Koh Phang, Koh-Tao, Chumporn in Gulf of Thailand. Six ferries, Pralarn, Namuang,
Maenam, Koh Prab, Thongsala and Maehaad, designed by Incat Crowther.
- CityCats, ferries running along the Brisbane River in Queensland, Australia.
- Fantome Cat, Reef Cat, and Sunbird, operated by Sunferries, running between Townsville, Queensland, Australia, and Magnetic Island.
- Cruise Whitsundays catamaran ferries operating from Shute Harbour and Abel Point, Queensland to Hamilton Island, Hamilton Island Airport, Daydream Island, Whitehaven Beach and Reefworld on the Great Barrier Reef. Fleet includes "Cobia", Kingfish", "Swordfish", "Barracuda", "Seahorse", "Orca", "Tusa" and "Sea Flyte".
- Tangalooma "Express", "Flyer" and "Jet" high speed resort transfer catamarans that operate between Brisbane and Moreton Island.
- Stradbroke flyer high speed water taxi services to North Stradbroke Island Australia, vessels include "Calypso", "Alley Kat" and "Top Kat".
- Bay Island Taxi Service, high speed service to southern Moreton Bay islands Brisbane Queensland. Fleet includes "Al Robb", "Perulpa", "Jumpinpin", "Kurrowera", "Kalamarau" and "Inswiabon".
- Fast ferry service to North Stradbroke Island operated by Transit Systems Australia, fleet includes "Escape to Stradbroke" and "Redraw".
- Manly fast ferries, express service from Manly Sydney Australia to Circular Quay Sydney Australia fleet includes "Ocean Dreaming II", "Ocean Rider", "Sea Cat I", "Sea Cat II" and "Arafura Pearl"
- Rottnest Express ferries to Rottnest Island Western Australia, fleet includes "Sea Eagle Express", "Eagle Express" and "Star Flyte Express".
- Stewart Island Experience operates high speed catamarans "Southern Express" and "Foveaux Express" between Bluff and Oban Stewart Island New Zealand
- The Sikhululekile ferry commissioned and operated by Robben Island Museum runs between Robben Island and Cape Town ferrying visitors to and from the island. The fast ferry is based on an existing design by Damen Shipyards in the Netherlands and is the first vessel of its kind to be built and operated in Southern Africa.
Further information: Hydrofoil § Current operation