List of centenarians (jurists and practitioners of law)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following is a list of centenarians – specifically, people who became famous as jurists and practitioners of law – known for reasons other than their longevity. For more lists, see lists of centenarians.
|BlowersSampson Salter Blowers||1742–1842||100||Canadian defence attorney representing the soldiers accused after the Boston Massacre|
|BootleWilliam Augustus Bootle||1902–2005||102||American attorney and jurist|
|BrownWesley E. Brown||1907–2012||104||American district court judge|
|BurkeJoseph Burke||1888–1990||101||American judge|
|CaneMelville Henry Cane||1879–1980||100||American lawyer and poet|
|CowenArnold Wilson Cowen||1905–2007||101||American lawyer and judge|
|CrawfordThomas Simpson Crawford||1875–1976||100||Australian lawyer and politician|
|DenningAlfred Denning, Baron Denning||1899–1999||100||English Master of the Rolls|
|FayEdgar Fay||1908–2009||101||British judge|
|GabbertJohn Gabbert||1909–2013||104||American judge|
|GillespieSamuel Hazard Gillespie, Jr.||1910–2011||100||American counsel|
|GunzburgNico Gunzburg||1882–1984||101||Belgian lawyer and criminologist|
|HenryTrevor Henry||1902–2007||105||New Zealand justice on the Supreme Court of New Zealand|
|HillOliver Hill||1907–2007||100||American lawyer and civil rights activist|
|KingAlan King-Hamilton||1904–2010||105||British judge|
|LeightonGeorge N. Leighton||1912–||102||American judge|
|LimbaughRush Limbaugh, Sr.||1891–1996||104||American jurist, grandfather of Rush Limbaugh|
|MartinLudwig Martin||1909–2010||100||German lawyer and Attorney General|
|MedinaHarold Medina||1888–1990||102||American lawyer, teacher and judge|
|PogueL. Welch Pogue||1899–2003||103||American aviation attorney|
|PopeJack Pope||1913–||101||American jurist, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Texas|
|ScovilCarlos P. Scovil||1804–1904||100||New York assemblyman, state senator, county judge|
|SeawellDonald Seawell||1912–||102||American lawyer|
|ShawcrossHartley Shawcross||1902–2003||101||Lead British prosecutor at the Nuremberg War Crimes tribunal|
|ThrowerRandolph W. Thrower||1913–2014||100||American attorney|
|WalshLawrence Walsh||1912–2014||102||American lawyer, 4th United States Deputy Attorney General|
|WartenburgMarion Yorck von Wartenburg||1904–2007||102||German jurist, judge and World War II resistance fighter|
|WillistonSamuel Williston||1861–1963||101||American lawyer and law professor|
|WoodroughJoseph William Woodrough||1873–1977||104||American judge|
- "Federal judge Wesley Brown dies at age 104 in Wichita". The Wichita Eagle. 2012-01-24. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Heise, Kenan (1990-02-01). "Judge Joseph Burke; spent 54 years on bench". Chicago Tribune.
- "His Honour Edgar Fay". The Daily Telegraph. 2009-11-23. Retrieved 2009-12-15.
- De Atley, Richard K.; Robinson, Alicia (2013-12-11). "Retired justice dies at 104". The Press-Enterprise. pp. A1–2, A10.
- Snyder, Donald J. (Fall 2010). "The Supreme Centenarian—The Story of the Life and Legal Career of Samuel Hazard Gillespie Celebrating 100 Years of Risks Taken". The Senior Lawyer (New York State Bar Association) 2 (2). ISSN 1949-8330. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- "His Honour Alan King-Hamilton". The Daily Telegraph. 2010-03-24. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
- Manson, Patricia (2012-10-22). "Leighton reaches the century mark". Chicago Daily Law Bulletin. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "GBA: Zum Tode von Generalbundesanwalt beim Bundesgerichtshof a.D. Ludwig Martin" (in German). Polizeipresse. 2010-04-01. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- Lindell, Chuck (2013-04-18). "Texas House honors ex-Justice Pope, 100". Austin American-Statesman (Cox Enterprises). Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Oldest Ex-Assemblyman Dead". The New York Times. 1904-04-28. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- Davidson, Joanne (2012-08-02). "DCPA founder Donald Seawell turns 100, honored by dignitaries". The Denver Post (MediaNews Group). Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- "A centennial celebration". Emory Lawyer (Atlanta: Emory University School of Law): 25. Fall 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-19.
- Holley, Joe (2014-03-20). "Lawrence E. Walsh, Iran-contra special prosecutor, dies at 102". Washington Post. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "Woodrough, Joseph William". Federal Judicial Center. January 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-17.