List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
City of Seven Hills usually refers to Rome however there are many cities that claim to be built on seven hills.
- Ibadan, Nigeria
- Kampala, Uganda built on Mengo, Lubaga, Namirembe, Old Kampala, Kibuli, Nakasero and Makerere
- Albany, New York
- Asunción, Paraguay, There are several small hills and slightly elevated areas throughout the city, including Cabará, Clavel, Tarumá, Cachinga, and Tacumbú, among others.
- Athens, Texas, United States
- Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
- Cranston, Rhode Island, United States
- Fall River, Massachusetts
- Guaranda, Ecuador
- Lynchburg, Virginia, United States College Hill, Garland Hill, Daniel's Hill, Federal Hill, Diamond Hill, White Rock Hill, and Franklin Hill were the original "Seven Hills" of the City of Lynchburg.
- Nevada City, California, United States, built on Piety, Lost, Prospect, Aristocracy, Boulder, Nabob, and Buckeye Hills
- Nixa, Missouri, United States
- Providence, Rhode Island, built on Christian Hill, College Hill, Constitution Hill, Federal Hill, Smith Hill, Tockwotten Hill, and Weybosset Hill.
- Richmond, Virginia, United States, built on numerous hills and escarpments to include Union Hill, Church Hill, Council Hill, Shockoe Hill, Gambles Hill, Navy Hill and Oregon Hill.
- Rome, Georgia, United States
- Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
- San Diego, California, United States
- San Francisco, California, United States (see List of hills in San Francisco, California)
- Seattle, Washington, United States (see Seven hills of Seattle)
- Seven Hills, Ohio, United States
- Somerville, Massachusetts, United States, built on Clarendon Hill, College Hill, Spring Hill, Winter Hill, Central Hill, Plowed Hill, Cobble Hill.
- Staten Island, New York, United States - Fort Hill, Ward Hill, Fox Hill, Grymes Hill, Emerson Hill, Todt Hill, and Richmond Hill.
- Tallahassee, Florida, United States
- Victoria, Argentina
- Worcester, Massachusetts, United States, built on Airport Hill, Bancroft Hill, Belmont Hill, Grafton Hill, Green Hill, Pakachoag Hill, and Vernon Hill.
- Yonkers, New York, United States
- Amman, Jordan, Amman spread over seven hills like Rome, Amman now covers at least nineteen hills. The highest hill is Citadel Hill/Jabal el Qala,
- Jerusalem, Israel Scopus, Nob, Olivet, "Mount of Corruption" or "Mount of Offence", "Mount Zion", the "Ophel Mount" and the new "Mount Zion."
- Mecca, Saudi Arabia
- Mumbai Saat Dweep Samuh (now joined, into a peninsula)
- Tehran, Iran
- Thiruvananthapuram, India
- Tirumala, India
Australia and Oceania 
- Dunedin, New Zealand
- Melbourne, Australia
- Seven Hills - Brisbane, Australia
- Western Sydney, Australia
- Abergavenny, South Wales, United Kingdom
- Armagh, Armagh in Northern Ireland, United Kingdom: a city of two cathedrals, a city on seven hills, the city of legends.
- Athens, Greece. The historical seven hills of Athens are Acropolis, Areopagus, Philopappus Hill (or Hill of the Muses), Hill of the Nymphs, Pnyx, Mount Lycabettus, and Mount Anchesmos (or Tourkovounia).
- Bamberg, Bavaria, Germany, The seven hills of Bamberg are; Cathedral Hill, Michaelsberg, Kaulberg/Obere Pfarre, Stefansberg, Jakobsberg, Altenburger Hill, and Abtsberg.
- Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain said to be built on Mont Tàber, La Rovira, El Coll, El Carmel, La Peira, El Putxet and Montjuïc
- Bath, England, United Kingdom
- Bergen, Norway (see Seven Mountains, Bergen)
- Brussels, Belgium, said to be built on St.Michielsberg, Koudenberg, Warmoesberg, Kruidtuin, Kunstberg, Zavel and St.Pietersberg
- Budapest, Hungary
- Cagliari, Sardinia
- Cáceres, Spain
- Ceuta, Spain
- Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom (see Hills of Edinburgh)
- Gorzów Wielkopolski, Poland
- Iaşi, Romania (see Seven hills of Iaşi)
- Istanbul, Turkey (see Seven hills of Istanbul)
- Kiev, Ukraine Borichev, Shchekovitsa, Starokievska and Khorevitsa.
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Lviv, Ukraine
- Moscow, Russia (See Seven hills of Moscow)
- Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Prague, Czech Republic, said to be built on seven or nine hills: Hradčany, Vítkov, (Opyš), Větrov, Skalka, (Emauzy), Vyšehrad, Karlov and Petřín
- Pula, Croatia
- Rome, Italy (see Seven hills of Rome)
- Saint-Étienne, France
- Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
- Telšiai, Lithuania
- Torquay, England, United Kingdom
- Turku, Finland
- Zevenbergen, Netherlands
- "Learn About Albany, NY's Amazing History and Architecture". Albany County Convention & Visitors Bureau. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- "Foreign Accents" by J. Morthland, Texas Co-op Power, 3-2013
- DiGiovanni, Nicholas. "City of Gracious Living By Nicholas DiGiovanni". Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- Prudential Centennial Realty. "What Will I Love About Yonkers, NY?".