List of civilian casualties in the war in Afghanistan (2012)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of civilian casualties in the War in Afghanistan (2012))
List of civilian casualties in the War in Afghanistan (2012)
- February 8, 2012 – 2012 Kapisa airstrike - Seven children and a young adult were killed by an ISAF airstrike in the village of Geyaba in the eastern Afghan province of Kapisa.
- February 17, 2012 - Kunar Raid - Six civilians, including a woman and a child were killed in a night raid in Dewa Gul Valley, in the Chawki district of Kunar province.
- March 11, 2012 – Kandahar massacre - At least 16 civilians, including women and children were killed after a 'rogue' US serviceman entered their homes and began to open fire in the Afghan province of Kandahar.
- May 27, 2012 - Eight members of an Afghan family, including six children and two women, were killed in a NATO airstrike in eastern Afghanistan.
- July 2, 2012 - NATO killed three shopkeepers in an airstrike near Charkh District, east of Afghanistan. Logar province spokesman Din Mohammad Darwesh said NATO forces were on a foot patrol in morning of July 2 in Charkh district when they came under fire from insurgents. He said they called in an airstrike and the bombardment killed three shopkeepers.
- September, 2012 - NATO killed eight women and injured a further seven women, in an airstrike in Laghman.
- Informer Misled NATO in Airstrike That Killed 8 Civilians, Afghans Say (Archived at WebCite)
- NATO regrets airstrike that killed 8 young Afghans (Archived at WebCite)
- Night raid sparks anti-US protests (Archived at WebCite)
- US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar (Archived at WebCite)
- Eight Afghan civilians said killed in NATO airstrike (Archived at WebCite)
- Afghan official: NATO airstrike kills 3 civilians (Archived at WebCite)
- Afghanistan: Nato air strike 'kills eight women' in Laghman (Archived at WebCite)