List of club DJs
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (July 2009)|
This is a list of notable club DJs in the world. This list consists of professionals who perform or are known to perform at large nightclub venues, or who have been pioneers in the development of the role of the club DJ:
DJs who use their real names are listed alphabetically by last name; DJs who use stage names are listed alphabetically by first name.
- Afrojack (real name Nick van de Wall), Dutch House DJ/Producer
- Angger Dimas Indonesian electronic musician, DJ/Producer, called the #1 DJ of Indonesia by thedjlist.com
- Armin van Buuren (born 1976), Dutch trance DJ/producer. The only DJ who has been named number one DJ in the world 5 times on DJ Magazine's Top 100 DJ poll
- Armand van Helden
- ATB (real name André Tanneberger, born 1973), German Trance & Light Trance DJ/Producer
- Avicii (real name Tim Bergling, born 1989), Swedish house DJ/producer best known for "Levels"
- Axwell (real name Axel Hedfors, born 1977), Swedish house DJ/producer best known as a former member of the Swedish House Mafia
- Bass Bumpers (also known as CJ Stone, and Bad Habit Boys), German Trance and techno DJ group
- Bass Junkies - specializing in commercial dance and house music since 1989
- Benny Benassi
- Blasterjaxx, (Thom Jongkind and Idir Makhlaf), Dutch Electro House and Big Room House
- Boom Jinx (real name Øistein Johan Eide), composer, producer and DJ from Norway
- Calvin Harris (real name Adam Wiles, born 1984), Scottish DJ/producer
- Chris Liebing German DJ
- Chuckie (DJ) (real name Clyde Sergio Narain), Dutch House DJ/Producer
- Cosmic Gate, German Progressive Trance, electronic DJ/Producer
- Cash Cash
- The Chemical Brothers Duo DJs from UK.
- Carl Cox (1962 -), Carl Cox is the first person to be named number one DJ in the world on DJ Magazine's Top 100 DJ poll when he won in 1997
- The Crystal Method Duo DJs from America, known for their "Vegas" CD
- Danny Dyer alias Pwoper Nawty (1977 -), DJ and MC
- Darude (real name Ville Virtanen, born 1975 -), Originally from Finland.
- Dance2Dance - UK Based Club & House Music Producer & Re-mixer. Supplying many specialist dj only labels with mixes, mashups and reworks.
- Deadmau5 (real name Joel Thomas Zimmerman, 1981 -), Canadian House DJ/Producer.
- Dirty South
- Derrick May (musician)
- Detroit Grand Pubahs
- DJ Icey
- John Digweed DJ, who travels all over the world and is producer, record label owner and artist
- Doctor P (real name Shaun Brockhurst, born 9 April 1986), English Dubstep DJ.
- Don Diablo (real name Don Pepijn Schipper, born 27 February 1980), Dutch Electronic Dance DJ
- Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike
- Daft Punk French duo House
- DJ Imani
- DJ Mars
- Duke Dumont (Adam George Dyment, better known by his stage name Duke Dumont, is a British DJ and music producer born August 27, 1982).
- Erick E (real name Erick Eerdhuizen), Dutch Dance DJ
- Erick Morillo (1971 -) American DJ, music producer and record label owner. Also helped in the production of the famous dance hit "Move It" by Reel 2 Real.
- Excision (dubstep producer)
- Fatboy Slim (real name Norman Cook, 1963 -), British DJ
- Fedde Le Grand, Dutch DJ
- Frankie Bones (real name Frank Mitchell, 1966 -), first American DJ who played the early U.K. scene in the late 80s
- Frankie Knuckles (real name Francis Nicholls, 1955 - 2014), helped to develop and popularize the electronic, disco-influenced dance music style called house music
- Gabriel & Dresden (duo of Josh Gabriel and Dave Dresden, 2001 -), their blend of house and progressive trance led to multiple Billboard number 1 hits.
- Green Velvet
- David Guetta (1967 -), a French DJ
- The Glitch Mob
- Hardwell (real name Robbert van de Corput) Dutch progressive and electro house DJ and music producer
- Headhunterz (real name Willem Rebergen), DJ from the Netherlands
- Sebastian Ingrosso (born 1983), Swedish DJ/producer; former member of the Swedish House Mafia
- Jeff Mills (1963 -), a techno DJ, famous for his fast style of mixing.
- John Digweed (1967 -), a British progressive house DJ.
- Judge Jules (real name Julius O'Riordan, 1965 -), UK house/trance DJs, who has a radio show on BBC Radio 1
- DJ-JONA (Born 1975 -),An Entertainment DJ from Gibraltar very popular with Weddings and Parties.
- Kaskade (real name Ryan Raddon, 1972 -), American DJ and formerly an A&R assistant with Om Records.
- Kato (DJ) (real name Thomas Kato Vittrup), Danish DJ
- Kygo (real name Kyrre Gørvell-Dahll (born 1991)), Norwegian DJ
- Laidback Luke (real name Lucas Cornelis van Scheppingen, born 1976), Filipino-born Dutch DJ
- Larry Levan (1954–1992) was an early and prolific re-mixer and the DJ at the 1970s discothèque The Paradise Garage
- Madeon (real name Hugo Pierre Leclercq), French DJ, "Finale" was used as theme song for video game PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- Martin Garrix (Real name Martijn Garritsen ), Dutch DJ/producer signed to Spinnin' Records.
- Mat "The Mixmaster" Butler Club, Mobile and Radio DJ, Producer, Remixer signed to Sound Innovation Records and has been a feature on many DMC Releases.
- Mason (band), Dutch music producer duo
- MistaJam (real name Pete Dalton), famous DJ who has a show on 1Xtra
- David Morales
- Giovanni Giorgio Moroder (born 1940), an influential Italian record producer, songwriter, performer and DJ, who won several Academy Awards, Grammys and other awards, he is frequently credited with pioneering synthesizer disco and electronic dance music
- Mr. Oizo (real name Quentin Dupieux), French DJ/Electro Producer and film director
- Nicky Romero (real name Nick Rotteveel) Dutch DJ and house music composer/producer
- NERVO - Australian DJ and songwriters
- Paul Oakenfold (born 1963), British record producer and remixer
- Paul van Dyk (real name Mathias Paul; born 1971), German trance DJ who earned DJMag's top 100 DJ list No. 1 DJ award in 2005 and again in 2006
- The Prodigy: An English electronic music group formed by Liam Howlett in 1990.
- Roger Sanchez (The DJ of DJs).
- R3hab (Real name Fadil El Ghoul) Dutch DJ and record producer of Moroccan and Algerian origin.
- Richie Hawtin, Detroit Techno Pioneer, Leading Exponent of Minimal Techno since the mid 90's, Founder of Minus Records arguably the largest and most well-known Techno Label
- Robert Miles (real name Roberto Concina, born 1969), Italian DJ, composer, and producer most famous for the seminal trance track "Children"
- Porter Robinson (born 1992), American DJ/producer best known for his collaboration with Mat Zo entitled "Easy"
- Steve Angello (full name Steven Angello Josefsson Fragogiannis, born 1982), Greek-born Swedish DJ/producer; former member of the Swedish House Mafia
- Steve Aoki
- Sash!, German DJ production team
- Sasha (DJ)
- Sander van Doorn (real name Sander Ketelaars), Dutch Trance DJ
- SebastiAn (real name Sebastian Akchoté-Bozovic)
- Showtek (Sjoerd and Wouter Janssen), Electronic dance music, progressive/electro house
- Sidney Samson, DJ best known for his Dutch House
- Skazi, Israeli DJ/producer duo composed of Asher Swissa and Assaf B-Bass, famous for mixing trance with rock music
- Skrillex (real name Sonny John Moore)
- Starkillers (real name Nick Terranova)
- Swedish House Mafia: Swedish supergroup consisting of Axwell, Steve Angello, and Sebastian Ingrosso. (No longer active)
- DJ Tective, UK Hardcore/Jungle quick-mix vinyl DJ originating from Arizona USA best known for playing sets consisting of large tracklists
- Tee Scott (real name Marc Allen Scott), DJ at the legendary NYC club Better Days from 1976–1981, then resident at Zanzibar, and remixer of many classics
- The Advent, Techno DJ/Producer
- Tiësto (real name Tijs Michiel Verwest), Dutch TRANCE and techno DJ
- Jean F. Cochois aka Timewriter
- Tommy Trash (real name Thomas Olsen), Australian DJ known for producing house music
- Tony Humphries, 35 year veteran of the NYC club scene and a former resident at Zanzibar, the legendary NJ nightclub
- Tom Swoon best known Polish progressive house DJ
- Titanium, signed to Spinnin Records
- Umek (real name Uroš Umek), Slovenian dance-music composer and DJ
- Ummet Ozcan Turkish-Dutch DJ and producer
- Wildstylez (real name Joram Metekohy), DJ from the Netherlands.
- Wolfgang Gartner (DJ) Originally from Texas, US.
- WestBam (real name Maximilian Lenz), DJ from Germany
- Zedd (real name Anton Zaslavski), Russian-German DJ and producer
- Zomboy (real name Joshua Mellody), British DJ and producer