List of commemorative months
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (April 2013)|
The following is a list of notable observed commemorative months, that is, recurrent months that are used by various governments, groups and organizations to raise awareness of an issue, commemorate a group or event, or celebrate something.
- Irish-American Heritage Month
- National Women's History Month
- National I Love My HBCU Month (USA)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Education and Awareness Month
- National Brain Injury Awareness Month (USA)
- National Athletic Training Month
- National Nutrition Month
- Jazz Appreciation Month
- Crime Victims' Rights Week
- National Poetry Month
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Confederate History Month (Southern United States)
- Financial Literacy Month
- National Multiple Birth Awareness Month
- School Library Month
- Earth Awareness Month
- Occupational Therapy Month
- Month of the Military Child
- Adenomyosis Awareness Month
- Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month
- ALS Awareness Month (United States)
- National Brain Tumor Awareness Month
- National Physical Fitness and Sports Month
- National Mobility Awareness Month
- National Bike Month
- South Asian Heritage Month
- Haitian Heritage Month
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- Asthma Awareness Month
- Neurofibromatosis awareness month
- National Pet Month
- Celiac Awareness Month
- National Guide Dog Month (2008, 2009)
- Jewish American Heritage Month
- National Historic Preservation Month
- National Military Appreciation Month
- Caribbean American Heritage Month
- LGBT Pride Month (United States)
- National Candy Month (United States) 
- Torture Awareness Month (International) 
- Hydranencephaly Awareness Month
- National Ice Cream Month (United States)
- National Grilling Month (United States)
- National Blueberry Month (United States)
- UV Safety Month
- Family Heritage Month (United States)
- Child Support Awareness Month (United States)
- National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- National Food Safety Month
- National Guide Dog Month (2010 to present)
- National Hispanic Heritage Month (U.S.; September 15 to October 15)
- National Honey Month
- National Hydrocephalus Awareness Month National Hydrocephalus Awareness Month
- National Preparedness Month (U.S.)
- National Suicide Awareness Month
- Cranio-facial awareness month
- Histiocytosis Awareness Month
- American Archives Month
- Italian History Month (Christopher Columbus Day Parade, NYC)
- Black History Month (UK)
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- National Book Month
- National Work and Family Month
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- National CyberSecurity Awareness Month
- Filipino American History Month
- LGBT History Month
- National Bullying Prevention Month
- Polish American Heritage Month
- National Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Spina Bifida Awareness Month www.sba.org
- Pregnancy/Infant Loss Awareness Month https://www.facebook.com/groups/SOBBS/
- National Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Bullying Awareness Month
- National Runaway Prevention Month
- National Military Family Month
- National Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month
- List of observances in the United States by presidential proclamation
- Awareness days
- International observance
- List of environmental dates
- List of food months
- "NATIONAL MENTORING MONTH - Mentoring Works!". NationalMentoringMonth.org. 2013. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "March 2013 Bizarre and Unique Holidays". Holiday Insights.com. 2013. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "Sexual Assault Awareness Month".
- "Mutliples of America".
- "American Library Association Calendar".
- "Occupational Therapy Month".
- "Month of the Military Child".
- "Adenomyosis Advice Association".
- "Announcements: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Awareness Month – May 2011". Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. May 6, 2011. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- http://healthfinder.gov/NHO/MayToolkit.aspx. Missing or empty
- "May is Asthma Awareness Month". US EPA. 2010-10-04.
- "PRESERVATION MONTH". Indiana Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved March 22, 2014.
- "MILITARY APPRECIATION MONTH". National Military Appreciation Month. Retrieved June 13, 2014.
- "Presidential Proclamation--National Caribbean-American Heritage Month". White House Office of the Press Secretary. 2012-02-01.
- The White House Press Office: Presidential Proclamation--Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month
- "About Hydranencephaly". hydranencephalyfoundation.org. Brayden Alexander Global Foundation for Hydranencephaly, Incorporated; dba Global Hydranencephaly Foundation. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Proclamation 5219 - National Ice Cream Month and National Ice Cream Day, 1984". American Presidency Project. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "National Grilling Month". Healthy Meals Resource System. U.S. Department of Agriculture. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Blueberry Month". North American Blueberry Council. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "July UV Safety Month". healthfinder.gov. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Presidential Proclamation--National Preparedness Month, 2010". White House Office of the Press Secretary. 27 Aug 2010. Retrieved 9 October 2010.
- "American Archives Month: The Power of Collaboration". Society of American Archivists. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "October is National Book Month". National Book Foundation. 2008-10-31.
- "October is National Work and Family Month". Alliance for Work-Life Progress. 2011-10-01.
- "Presidential Proclamation--National Cybersecurity Awareness Month". White House Office of the Press Secretary. Retrieved 9 October 2010.