List of commemorative months
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2013)|
The following is a list of notable observed commemorative months, recurrent months that are used by various governments, groups and organizations to raise awareness of an issue, commemorate a group or event, or celebrate something.
- Weight Loss Awareness Month
- Jazz Appreciation Month
- National Poetry Month
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Confederate History Month (Southern United States)
- Financial Literacy Month
- Autism Awareness Month
- Alcohol Awareness Month
- ALS Awareness Month (United States)
- National Mobility Awareness Month
- National Bike Month
- Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Month
- South Asian Heritage Month
- Haitian Heritage Month
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- Asthma Awareness Month
- National Pet Month
- Celiac Awareness Month
- National Guide Dog Month (2008, 2009)
- Jewish American Heritage Month
- Zombie Awareness Month 
- Spinal muscular atrophy month
- National Guide Dog Month (2010 to present)
- National Hispanic Heritage Month (U.S.; September 15 to October 15)
- National Honey Month
- National Preparedness Month (U.S.)
- National Prostate Awareness Month
- National Wilderness Month
- Orthostatic Tremor Awareness Month 
- National Work and Family Month
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- National CyberSecurity Awareness Month
- Filipino American History Month
- LGBT History Month
- National Bullying Prevention Month
- Polish American Heritage Month
- National Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Native American Heritage Month
- Epilepsy Awareness Month
- National Diabetes Awareness Month 
- List of observances in the United States by presidential proclamation
- Awareness days
- International observance
- List of environmental dates
- List of food months
- "March 2013 Bizarre and Unique Holidays". Holiday Insights.com. 2013. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- http://blogs.loc.gov/teachers/2013/03/national-deaf-history-month-exploring-deaf-culture-with-library-of-congress-primary-sources/. Missing or empty
- http://www.nwhp.org/whm/index.php. Missing or empty
- "Sexual Assault Awareness Month".
- "Announcements: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Awareness Month – May 2011". Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. May 6, 2011. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- "May is Asthma Awareness Month". US EPA. 2010-10-04.
- "ZOMBIE AWARENESS MONTH". . Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- "CDC ZOMBIE AWARENESS". . Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- "Presidential Proclamation--National Caribbean-American Heritage Month". White House Office of the Press Secretary. 2012-02-01.
- The White House Press Office: Presidential Proclamation--Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month
- "Proclamation 5219 - National Ice Cream Month and National Ice Cream Day, 1984". American Presidency Project. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Presidential Proclamation--National Preparedness Month, 2010". White House Office of the Press Secretary. 27 Aug 2010. Retrieved 9 October 2010.
- http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/08/29/presidential-proclamation-national-wilderness-month-2014 National Wilderness Month
- "October is National Work and Family Month". Alliance for Work-Life Progress. 2011-10-01.
- "Presidential Proclamation--National Cybersecurity Awareness Month". White House Office of the Press Secretary. Retrieved 9 October 2010.
- "Native American Heritage Month".
- "Epilepsy Awareness Month".