List of companies based in Bellevue, Washington
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of large or well-known interstate or international companies headquartered in Bellevue, Washington.
Currently based in Bellevue
- 5th Cell - A video game developer that created Scribblenauts and Drawn to Life.
- Apptio - Developer of software used to evaluate and manage portfolios of IT investments through an integrated view of IT cost, performance, supply, and demand.
- ArenaNet - PC game developer famous for Guild Wars; many ArenaNet employees used to work for Blizzard Entertainment.
- Bungie - A video game studio most famous for the popular Halo franchise.
- Coinstar, Inc. - Owner and operator of coin-exchanging kiosks found in supermarkets.
- Concur Technologies - Offers online integrated travel and expense management for businesses. In 2013, Concur relocated its headquarters from Redmond, WA to the Key Center building.
- Drugstore.com - An online pharmacy and information site for health, beauty, wellness, personal care, and pharmacy products.
- Eddie Bauer - Relocated its Headquarters from Redmond, WA to a 28-story office tower at Lincoln Square, which was completed in mid-2007. It shares this tower with Microsoft's North American Sales Headquarters.
- Expedia, Inc. – An online travel company, which occupies Tower 333 (renamed Expedia building) beginning November 2008.
- GlobalScholar - An operating unit of Scantron.
- InfoSpace - A growing Internet private-label search engine and online directory that survived the dot.com bust of the 1990s. It is reemerging in the mid-2000s with a mobile entertainment offering.
- Intellectual Ventures - A growing intellectual property investment company, prominently featured in the book Superfreakonomics.
- Motricity - Value Added Services (VAS) provider (mobile content and services)
- MulvannyG2 Architecture - The headquarters for the international architectural firm working with both commercial and mixed use projects.
- Orahealth Corporation – A pharmaceutical manufacturer specializing in oral health care products
- Paccar Inc – The world's 3rd largest producer of heavy duty Class 8 trucks (Semis) sold under the Kenworth, Peterbilt, DAF and Leyland nameplates.
- QFC - Quality Food Centers, headquartered in Bellevue, is a Washington and Oregon chain of upscale grocery stores. (A wholly owned subsidiary of Kroger).
- Savers - Operators of the Value Village thrift store chain
- ShareBuilder - An online broker allowing investors to automatically and regularly invest in stocks and ETFs, even in small amounts.
- Sucker Punch Productions - Sony game developer which produced Sly Cooper, InFamous, and Rocket : Robot on Wheels.
- Symetra - Life insurance company.
- T-Mobile USA – Headquarters for their US operations are located in Factoria, a neighborhood of Bellevue. They operate an all-digital, national wireless phone network, and a Wi-Fi network. T-Mobile is Bellevue's 2nd largest employer with over 3,200 employees.
- The Pokémon Company International – North American headquarters for US operations for marketing and licensing the Pokémon franchise.
- Valve - A computer software/video games developer responsible for PC game client Steam, and best-selling games such as the Half-Life series, Portal series, and Team Fortress 2.
- WizKids - Non-electronic game developer producing everything from collectible miniatures games to board games.
Branches based in Bellevue
- Boeing - An aircraft manufacturer. Boeing is Bellevue's third largest employer with over 2,800 employees.
- HTC Corporation - Taiwan-based manufacturer of smartphones and portable computing devices.
- Microsoft is Bellevue's largest employer with 7,500 employees.
- eBay - HQ is in San Jose.
- Todd Bishop (2008-05-01), Microsoft leases 26-story building in downtown Bellevue, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, retrieved 2009-05-11
- "HTC About us and locations". HTC Corporation.