List of companies based in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Companies headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma include, but are not limited to, companies in the city's anchoring economic sectors of energy, aerospace, finance, technology, telecommunications, high tech, and manufacturing. Blomberg Businessweek ranked Tulsa as having the 7th strongest metro economy, and the 38th best city to live in, 2012. Area Development called Oklahoma the 10th best state to do business, 2012. The Brookings Institution ranked the city 73rd amongst the world's metropolitan economics for income and employment growth in 2011, and 106th in economic performance worldwide, 2012, and for its rising clean (green) industry at 1.7% of which Tulsa in addition has the 8th fastest green job growth rate in the country. For which the city was also ranked has being the 26th greenest in the country. MetroMonitor ranked Tulsa 35th in the Nation for economic recovery. 6th best city for small business and jobs by the Business Journal & Forbes in 2008. In 2012, Tulsa was ranked second for young people to find a job, by the Fiscal Times. Engine Advocacy ranked the Tulsa metro as being one of the fastest growing high tech cities in the nation, 2010-2012, and is expected to have continuous growth throughout 2013. Tulsa was also ranked as of fifteen cities in the nation for job growth in 2013 by Forbes at 16 percent.
This is a list of large or well-known interstate or international companies headquartered in the Tulsa Metropolitan Area.
As of November 2012 Tulsa, Oklahoma was home to one Fortune 1000, and two Fortune 500 companies: Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, energy companies: ONEOK (#219), The Williams Companies, Inc. (#342).
- QuikTrip - Forbes's Largest Private Companies (30)
- BOK Financial Corporation, parent company of Bank of Oklahoma, Bank of Texas, Bank of Albuquerque, Bank of Kansas and 2 others
- Camille's Sidewalk Cafe
- Coney I-Lander
- Crane Carrier Corporation
- FlightSafety International (Simulation Systems Division)
- Lowrance Electronics
- Manhattan Construction Company
- Omni Air International
- ONE Gas
- PennWell Corporation
- Propeller Communications
- Schnake Turnbo Frank
- Ross Group
- Spartan School of Aeronautics
- Samson Investment Company, petroleum production and exploration company
- Xcel Energy
- ZFG Mortgage
- ZOM, LLC
- "Business Opportunities". Tulsa Metro Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 2006-04-14.