List of companies operating nursing homes
Following is a list of companies operating nursing homes in the U.S.:
- 24Hour HomeCare - operates non-medical home care for the elderly and children with disabilities.
- Augsburg Lutheran Home and Village
- Bailey-Boushay House
- Catholic Health Services
- Cedar Community, West Bend, Wis.
- Ecumen - senior housing and aging services solutions in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Idaho plus consulting nationally.
- Emeritus Assisted Living - based in Seattle, Washington
- HCR Manor Care
- Kindred Healthcare - operates healthcare centers and skilled rehabilitation centers as well as LTAC hospitals.
- Lillian Booth Actors Home
- Meritage Healthcare LLC
- Mendota Lutheran Home
- St. Camillus Health Center
- The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society
- Twelve Oaks Lodge
- Wesley Woods
2014 U.S. News Ranking of the Nations Best Nursing Homes online resource allows you to search by state to locate the best nursing home nearest you. http://health.usnews.com/best-nursing-homes Nursing Homes in California At the top of the California nursing homes list are those with a rating of five stars from the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for their overall performance in health inspections, nurse staffing and quality of medical care. About 34 percent of all nursing homes in California earned an overall five-star rating.
Among that 34% there are eight that stand out among them. The California Association of Health Facilities 2014 Annual Update lists the qualifying factors for California’s High Achievers. Reducing the use of antipsychotic medications was one of four quality-improvement efforts embraced by CAHF in 2013 as part of the American Health Care Association Quality Initiative. California Skilled-nursing providers also strived to reach measurable goals by 2015 in safely reducing hospital readmissions, reducing turnover among nursing staff and increasing customer satisfaction. Demonstrating an unparalleled commitment to delivering person-centered, quality care to residents, eight California nursing facilities achieved all four national quality goals within one year time-frame:
- Blythe Nursing Care Center, Blythe
- California Park Rehabilitation Hospital, Chico
- Huntington Park Nursing Center, Huntington Park
- Excell Health Care Center, Oakland
- Fruitvale Health Care Center, Oakland
- Oakland Healthcare and Wellness Center, Pittsburg
- San Tomas Convalescent Hospital, San Jose
In June 2013, Provider magazine published a ranked (by total number of beds) list of the Top 50 Nursing Facility Chains in the U.S., listed below:
|Top 50 Nursing Facility Chains in the U.S. (2004)|
|1. Genesis HealthCare|
|2. HCR Manor Care|
|3. Life Care Centers of America|
|4. Golden Living|
|5. Kindred Healthcare|
|6. Sava Senior Care|
|7. Consulate Health Care|
|8. Extendicare Health Services|
|9. The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society|
|10. Preferred Care Partners|