List of contemporary Iranian scientists, scholars, and engineers
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following is a notable Iranian scholars, scientists and engineers around the world from the modern era.
- Akbar Adibi, electronic engineer, VLSI researcher, professor of engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology 
- Haleh Afshar, academic and peer, University of York
- Masoud Alimohammadi, assassinated quantum field theorist and elementary-particle physicist
- Anousheh Ansari, the world's first female space tourist, co-founder and chairman of Prodea Systems, Inc., former co-founder and CEO of Telecom Technologies, Inc. (TTI)
- Khizar Humayun Ansari, Director of the Centre for Ethnic Minority Studies, Royal Holloway University of London.
- Farhad Ardalan, physicist, IPM
- Nima Arkani-Hamed, professor, Institute for Advanced Study
- Nasser Ashgriz, Professor of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Toronto.
- Touraj Atabaki, Professor of the "Social History of the Middle East and Central Asia", Department of History, University of Amsterdam.
- Mehdi Bahadori, Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Shaul Bakhash, historian, George Mason University
- Asef Bayat, Professor of Sociology and Middle East Studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 
- Nariman Behravesh, Chief Economist and Executive Vice President, Global Insight.
- Mahmoud Behzad, the father of Persian modern biology science
- Mina Bissell, Director of UC Berkeley Life Sciences Division
- Abbas Edalat, Professor of Computer Science and Mathematics, Imperial College London.
- Kamran Elahian, entrepreneur
- Kamran Eshraghian, VLSI pioneer in Australia
- Nasir Gebelli, computer scientist and video game developer
- Mohammed Ghanbari, professor, University of Essex
- Vartan Gregorian, president, Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Zoubin Ghahramani, Professor of Information Engineering Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge
- Mohammad Reza Hafeznia, professor, University of Tehran
- Ali Hajimiri, Caltech, co-founder of Axiom Microdevices Inc.
- Majid Hassanizadeh, Professor of Hydrogeolgoy, Expertise: theories of porous media (Utrecht University, The Netherlands).
- Babak Hassibi, Professor of Electrical Engineering, Caltech
- Mahmoud Hessaby, physicist, father of modern physics in Iran (Persia)
- Eric Hooglund, professor of political science
- Reza Iravani, Professor and the L. Lau Chair in Electrical and Computer Engineering in the Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto.
- Hamid Jafarkhani, professor, University of California, Irvine
- Ali Jafari, Professor of Computer and Information Technology, Purdue University.
- Ali Akbar Jalali, professor, Iran University of Science and Technology.
- Ali Javan, physicist and inventor of the gas laser at MIT
- Kamaloddin Jenab, pioneering physicist
- Mehran Kardar, physicist, MIT.
- Dr. Kabir Sadeghi, Civil Engineer. Founder of The International Conference on Coasts 
- Ahmad Karimi-Hakkak, Founding Director of Center for Persian Studies, University of Maryland
- Homayoon Kazerooni,professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley, Co-founder and Chief Scientist of Berkeley Bionics, inventor of the HULC.
- Shaygan Kheradpir, Chief Operating Office, Barclays
- Omid Kordestani, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Sales and Field Operations, Google
- Caro Lucas, scientist, professor and founding director of the Center of Excellence for Control and Intelligent Processing (CIPCE), School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Tehran, and a researcher at the School of Cognitive Sciences (SCS), Institute for Studies in Theoretical Physics and Mathematics (IPM), Tehran, Iran.
- Esfandiar Maasoumi, Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society, Southern Methodist University
- Maryam Mirzakhani, Professor of Mathematics, Stanford University
- Mohsen Mostafavi, Dean, Cornell University College of Architecture, Art, and Planning.
- Abbas Milani, Director of Iranian Studies Program, Stanford University
- Farzaneh Milani, Director of Studies in Women and Gender, University of Virginia
- Parviz Moin, Franklin P. and Caroline M. Johnson Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University.
- Roxana Moslehi, Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health and Cancer Research Center, University of New York (SUNY)
- Hamid Mowlana, Director of the Division of International Communication at American University in Washington D.C., and former President of the International Association for Media and Communication Research
- Firouz Naderi, associate director, Project Formulation and Strategy, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, NASA
- Hossein Nasr, philosopher, George Washington University
- Farzad Nazem, former Chief Technical Officer and Executive Vice President, Yahoo!
- Camran Nezhat, Director, Stanford Endoscopy Center for Training & Technology, Stanford University.
- Mehrdad Nikoonahad, Vice-president, Business Development, PDF Solutions, Inc.
- Kaveh Pahlavan, Professor and Director of CWINS, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Peyman Askari Nejad, CEO of PGB Engineers, Sharif University of Technology
- Hashem Pesaran, Fellow of Trinity College, Fellow of The British Academy, former Director of the Applied Econometrics Program at UCLA, founding editor of the Journal of Applied Econometrics, Cambridge University
- Ali R. Rabi, Founding Chair of the Middle East Citizens Assembly (MECA), University of Maryland
- [[Yahya Rahmat-* Behzahttp:// Razavi, Director, Communications Circuits Laboratory, UCLASamii]], former Chair of Electrical Engineering Department, UCLA 
- Sohrab Rohani Chair, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, University of Western Ontario
- Mostafa Ronaghi, Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President, Illumina.
- Pardis Sabeti, geneticist, Assistant Professor, Center for Systems Biology and Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University
- Reihaneh Safavi-Naini, cryptographer, Professor in School of Computer Science, University of Wollongong
- Muhammad Sahimi, Chair of Chemical Engineering Department, University of Southern California
- Kabir Sadeghi, professor of civil engineering, father of marine and offshore structures in Iran, Girne American University,
- Farrokh Saidi, Fellow of the Academy of Sciences for the Developing World, Permanent Member of Iranian Academy of Medical Sciences, Emeritus Professor and Chief of Surgery,
- Jawad Salehi, inventor of optical code division multiple access, Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
- Majid Samii, neurosurgeon and scientist
- Mohammad-Nabi Sarbolouki, Professor of Macromolecular Physical Chemistry, Tehran University
- Hossein Seifzadeh, Professor of Department of Political Sciences, University of Tehran
- Alireza Shapour Shahbazi, lecturer in Achaemenid archeology and Iranology at Harvard University, Harvard University, full Professor of history in Eastern Oregon University, Eastern Oregon University
- Mohammad Shahidehpour, former Dean of the Graduate College and Associate VP for Research, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Freidoon Shahidi, university research professor, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Freydoon Shahidi, Distinguished Professor of Mathematics, Purdue University
- Manuchehr Shahrokhi, Craig Fellow/Professor, Editor Global Finance Journal, California State University, Fresno
- Shams-Kolahi, Wahid, Solid-state physicist with contribution to CIGS and CdTe solar cells.
- Amir Ali Sheibany, Professor of Geology, University of Tehran, founder and chairman of The National Iranian Steel Corporation (ZobAhan AryaMehr)
- Amin Shokrollahi, Professor of I&C faculty and the head of ALGO lab, EPFL, Switzerland
- Gholam Reza Sinambari, Chair of Department of Environmental Engineering, Fachhochschule Bingen
- Hamid Soltanian-Zadeh, senior scientist, Henry Ford Health System, and Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Tehran.
- Abdolkarim Soroush, philosopher
- Saeed Shirkavand, Former Vice Minister in Ministry of Economic Affairs and Finance (Iran), Assistant Professor in management faculty of University of Tehran
- Cumrun Vafa, physicist, Harvard University
- Saba Valadkhan, biomedical scientist, and an Assistant Professor and RNA researcher at Case Western Reserve University
- Ehsan Yarshater, Distinguished Professor, Columbia University
- Houman Younessi, professor, Assistant Dean of Academics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute – Hartford Graduate Campus; Director Rensselaer Initiative in Systems Engineering (RISE)
- Mehdi Zakerian, Visiting Professor, Penn Law, University of Pennsylvania, President of Iranian International Studies Association (IISA), Editor-in-Chief of International Studies Journal
- Lotfi A. Zadeh, creator of fuzzy logic and fuzzy set, UC Berkeley
- Esmail Zanjani, Department Chair of Department of Animal Biotechnology at University of Nevada, Reno.
- Abdolhossein Zarrinkoob, scholar of Iranian literature, history of literature, Persian culture and history
- List of Iranian scientists from the pre-modern era
- Science and technology in Iran
- List of universities in Iran
- Higher education in Iran
- List of Iranian Research Centers
- International rankings of Iran in science and technology
- Brain drain in Iran, the world's highest in 2006
- "Akbar Adibi". Aut.ac.ir. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- York.ac.uk[dead link]
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- "Prof. N. Ashgriz – Multi-phase Flow Laboratory". Mie.toronto.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- IISG.nl[dead link]
- Nariman Behravesh. "Global Insight // // Experts // Nariman Behravesh". Globalinsight.com. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- Mina Bissell Bio[dead link]
- Abbas Edalat's Home Page
- Kamran Elahian[dead link]
- "Emory Physics: Fereydoon Family". Physics.emory.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- Mohammed Ghanbari. "Home Page for Mohammed Ghanbari". Privatewww.essex.ac.uk. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Carnegie Corporation – About". Carnegie.org. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Zoubin Ghahramani". Learning.eng.cam.ac.uk. 2005-12-10. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Caltech.edu". Its.caltech.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Home of Babak Hassibi". Systems.caltech.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- Ali Jafari – Ready2Net[dead link]
- Dr. Ali Akbar Jalali[dead link]
- "MIT Physics Faculty: Mehran Kardar". Web.mit.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- Dr. Kabir Sadeghi
- The Center for Persian Studies ::[dead link]
- , University of California, Berkeley
- , Berkeley Robotics and Human Engineering Laboratory
- "Corporate Information – Google Management". Google.com. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Caro Lucas". University of Tehran. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- [dead link]
- "Mohsen Mostafavi is dean of AAP". News.cornell.edu. 2004-04-15. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- Stanford.edu[dead link]
- "Roxana Moslehi, State University of New York (SUNY)". Albany.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "School of International Service at American University – Hamid Mowlana". American.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Yahoo! Media Relations – Farzad Nazem Bio". Docs.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "BW Online | December 3, 2001 | Online Extra: Q&A with eBay's Pierre Omidyar". Businessweek.com. 2001-12-03. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "» Staff". Econ.cam.ac.uk. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Institute for the Study of Labor". IZA. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Communication Circuits Laboratory – UCLA". Ee.ucla.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Professor Jawad A. Salehi's Homepage". Ee.sharif.edu. 2010-10-29. Retrieved 2011-12-19.
- "en:group [Algo]". Algo.epfl.ch. 2010-09-13. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "وزارت امور اقتصادی و دارایی".
- "Ehsan Yarshater Home Page – a prominent scholar in Persian language & literature, editor of the Encyclopedia Iranica". Perlit.sailorsite.net. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- Rensselaer Hartford – DOES Faculty and Staff
- Animal Biotechnology Directory, University of Nevada, Reno