List of countries without an airport
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1||Andorra||There is no airport in Andorra. The nearest airports are in Lérida, Barcelona, Toulouse and Gerona. By both population and by land area, Andorra is the largest country not to have an airport. However, there are three heliports.|
|2||Liechtenstein||Currently, Liechtenstein only has a heliport in the southern town of Balzers. The nearest international airports are St. Gallen-Altenrhein Airport in Switzerland and Friedrichshafen Airport in Germany, which have few scheduled flights. The nearest major airport is Zurich Airport in Switzerland, which has rail services to Buchs and Sargans. From these towns, it is possible to catch a Postal Bus or a train to Liechtenstein.|
|3||Monaco||Monaco does not have an airport, but there is a heliport in the Monégasque district of Fontvieille. The nearest airport to Monaco is Côte d'Azur Airport in Nice, France.|
|4||San Marino||There are no airports in San Marino but only one heliport and a small airfield with a 680m grass runway. The nearest airport to San Marino is Rimini's Federico Fellini Airport in Italy.|
|5||Vatican City||The nearest airport to the Vatican City is Rome Ciampino Airport. It would be physically impossible to fit a whole airport into the 0.44 km2 land area of the Holy See, but there is a heliport in the western corner, which is used for visiting heads and officials of the city-state.|
- "The Number of Countries in the World - Number of Countries Worldwide". Geography.about.com. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "Andorra flight information and best airport for Andorra flights". Yourandorra.com. 2008-10-05. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- Thomas Schmid. "Heliport Balzers FL LSXB". Tsis.ch. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- Heli.li - Matthias Vogt. "Heliport Balzers LSXB - Heli.li Website - Matthias Vogt". Heli.li. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- Liechtenstein at Europe for Visitors travel site
- "Fontvieille Heliport Airport (MCM) Details - Monaco". World-airport-codes.com. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Getting To Monaco". Insurance.essentialtravel.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- Holy See (Vatican City) at the CIA World Factbook
- Vatican City Tiscali retrieved November 27, 2006