List of data recovery software
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following is a list of notable data recovery software.
- BackTrack: A security distribution which can also be used for forensics and data recovery as a Live CD (GCC compiler and ddrescue pre-installed, and it avoids tampering the disks).
- BartPE: A lightweight variant of Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 32 bit operating systems, similar to a Windows Preinstallation Environment, which can be run from a Live CD or Live USB drive.
- Boot Repair Disk - One-click repair disk featuring 'Boot-Repair' for Linux and Microsoft Windows Systems
- Data Rescue 3: A bootable Mac OS X recovery DVD by Prosoft Engineering company, supports HFS and HFS+ file systems.
- Data Rescue PC3: A Linux-based Live CD/Live USB with file recovery software by Prosoft Engineering company, supports FAT and NTFS file systems.
- Hiren's BootCD: A boot CD containing various diagnostic programs such as partitioning agents, system performance benchmarks, disk cloning and imaging tools, data recovery tools, MBR tools, BIOS tools, and many others for fixing various computer problems.
- Knoppix: The original Linux Live CD. It contains many useful utilities for data recovery.
- SpinRite: A FreeDOS-based data recovery tool for hard disks and magnetic storage devices.
- SystemRescueCD: A Gentoo based Live CD, useful for repairing unbootable computer systems and retrieving data after a system crash.
- Trinity Rescue Kit: A free command-line Live CD Linux distribution created especially for rescuing Windows PCs.
- Ultimate Boot CD for Windows: A Microsoft Windows XP Live CD with diagnostic and repair utilities built in, useful for removing malware and recovering data.
- WinPE: A customizable Microsoft Windows Boot DVD (made by Microsoft and distributed for free). Can be modified to boot to any of the programs listed.
- CHKDSK: A consistency checker for DOS and Windows systems.
- Disk First Aid: A consistency checker for Mac OS 9.
- Disk Utility: A consistency checker for Mac OS X.
- fsck: A consistency checker for UNIX.
- gparted: A consistency checker for Linux.
- CDRoller: Recovers data from optical discs.
- Data LifeSaver (now "EASIS Data Recovery"): Data recovery for FAT and NTFS file systems.
- Data Recovery Wizard: by EaseUS. Microsoft Windows file recovery utility.
- Data Rescue PC3: Data recovery software by Prosoft Engineering company, for FAT and NTFS file systems.
- Disk Drill Basic: Data recovery application for Mac OS X.
- Drive Vaccine: Microsoft Windows Auto Restore of files on Reboot
- dvdisaster: Generates error-correction data for optical disc.
- FileSalvage: A Mac OS X recovery program.
- GetDataBack: A Windows recovery program.
- IsoBuster: Recovers data from optical discs, USB sticks, Flash drives and Hard Drives.
- Norton Utilities: A suite of utilities that has a file recovery component.
- PhotoRec: Multi-platform CLI program used to recover files.
- MediaCarve: Open-source tool to recover files from any file system.
- Recover My Files: Proprietary evaluationware, Microsoft Windows 2000 & later, FAT, NTFS and HFS.
- Recuva: Microsoft Windows 2000 & later, FAT and NTFS.
- TestDisk: Multi-platform. Recover files and lost partitions.
- TotalRecovery : Microsoft Windows. Bootable backup and recover system.
- TuneUp Utilities: Microsoft Windows XP & later. A suite of utilities that has a file recovery component.
- Ontrack EasyRecovery: by Kroll Inc, NTFS, HFS, FAT, proprietary.
- Data Recovery: by Disk Doctors Labs Inc, Hard Drive Recovery, Raid Recovery, FAT Recovery, Mac Recovery, Photo Recovery.
- File Recovery for Mac : by AppleXsoft. Recover lost data caused by any reasons from Mac OS X.
- FILERECOVERY: Recover deleted files from all types of media, such as hard drives, optical drives and flash media.
- Free data recovery: Free Recover formatted deleted data from hard drives,usb disk ,card,do not need to register
- EnCase: A suite of forensic tools developed by Guidance Software that is used for imaging and forensic analysis for UNIX, Linux, and Windows systems.
- Foremost: An opensource CLI file recovery program, originally developed by the U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations and NPS Center for Information Systems Security Studies and Research.
- Forensic Toolkit: by AccessData, used by law enforcement.
- Open Computer Forensics Architecture: An opensource program running on Linux.
- The Coroner's Toolkit: A suite of utilities aimed at assisting in forensic analysis of a UNIX system after a break-in.
- The Sleuth Kit: Also known as TSK, The Sleuth Kit is a suite of forensic analysis tools developed by Brian Carrier for UNIX, Linux and Windows systems. TSK includes the Autopsy forensic browser.
- CopyCatX: Originally a backup software, it is capable of creating images of damaged media.
- ddrescue: an opensource tool similar to dd but with the ability to skip over and subsequently retry bad blocks on failing storage devices.
- dd: common byte-to-byte level cloning tool found on Linux and Unix-based systems.
- DTI Data
- The Data Rescue Center
- Stellar Information Systems
- LC Technology International
- 15 Free File Recovery Software Programs
- Mac Data and File Recovery
- Ontrack EasyRecovery Data Recovery Software