List of deaths by motorcycle accident
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of deaths by motorcycle accidents)
This is a list of people with Wikipedia articles who died in a motorcycle accident on public roads.
The following people with biographies in Wikipedia died in road accidents on motorcycles:
|Name||Death||Age||Nationality||Notability||Make-model||Displacement (cc)||Accident location||Details||Source|
|Lawrence, T. E.T. E. Lawrence||May 18, 1935||46||Great Britain||soldier, writer.||Brough Superior SS100||Wareham, Dorset|||
|Wilkinson, BlueyBluey Wilkinson||July 27, 1940||28||Australia||speedway rider|
|Fariña, RichardRichard Fariña||April 30, 1966||29||musician|
|Allman, DuaneDuane Allman||October 29, 1971||24||American||musician||Harley-Davidson Sportster||Macon, Georgia|
|Gabelich, GaryGary Gabelich||January 26, 1984||43||land speed record holder||San Pedro, Los Angeles|||
|McRoy, JasonJason McRoy||November 26, 1971||23||Downhill mountain bike rider||Harley Davidson||A628, Derbyshire||[nb 1]|||
|Conrad, PetePete Conrad||July 8, 1999||69||United States||third person to walk on the Moon||1996 Harley-Davidson||Ojai, California||[nb 2]|||
|Abe, NorifumiNorifumi Abe||October 7, 2007||32||Japan||Motorcycle racer||Yamaha XP 500 TMAX maxi-scooter||500||Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan||[nb 3]|||
|Bourdon, LucLuc Bourdon||May 29, 2008||21||Canada||NHL Defensive prospect, 1st round pick of the Vancouver Canucks||2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000||1000|||
|Pininfarina, AndreaAndrea Pininfarina||August 7, 2008||51||Italy||engineer and manager, CEO of Pininfarina||Vespa GT60 scooter||250||Cambiano, Turin||[nb 4]|| Conditions at the time of the accident were very foggy.|
|Kuroi, AtsushiAtsushi Kuroi||February 1, 2010||40||Japan|||
|Lucker, MitchMitch Lucker||October 31, 2012||28||United States||former frontman of the band Suicide Silence||Huntington Beach, California, United States|
|Hassanein, AhmedAhmed Hassanein||February 19, 1946||Egyptian courtier and explorer|
|Oakley, BerryBerry Oakley||November 11, 1972||American||musician||1967 Triumph||Macon, Georgia||Three blocks from where fellow Allman Brothers Band member Duane Allman had his fatal motorcycle accident|||
|Rich, DonDon Rich||July 17, 1974||musician (Buck Owens and the Buckaroos)|
|Gassoff, BobBob Gassoff||May 27, 1977||ice hockey player|
|Armstrong, RegReg Armstrong||1979||Irish||motorcycle racer|
|de Silva, StanleyStanley de Silva||April 12, 1980||Sri Lankan||cricketer|
|Gardner, JohnJohn Gardner||September 14, 1982||American||novelist|
|Coluche, born Michel Colucci||June 19, 1986||French||comedian|
|Mannakee, BarryBarry Mannakee||14 May 1987||British||Royal Protection Squad bodyguard and alleged lover of Diana, Princess of Wales||Suzuki||400||Woodford, London||Death claimed by Diana to have been arranged by security services|||
|Niccolò Galli||February 10, 2001||Italian||footballer|
|Kirby, AndyAndy Kirby||July 18, 2002||NASCAR Busch Series Driver||1985 Harley-Davidson||White House, Tennessee|||
|Sofuoğlu, BahattinBahattin Sofuoğlu||October 25, 2002||Turkish||motorcycle racer|
|Milward, SimonSimon Milward||March 4, 2005||humanitarian motorcyclist||Mali|
|Norberto Napolitano "Pappo"||February 24, 2005||Argentinian||rock musician|
|Hasan, SajjadulSajjadul Hasan||March 16, 2007||Bangladeshi||cricketer|
|Rana, Manjural IslamManjural Islam Rana||March 16, 2007||Bangladeshi||cricketer|
|Corrales, DiegoDiego Corrales||March 16, 2007||16 March 2007|
|Gilmullin, LenarLenar Gilmullin||June 22, 2007||Russian||footballer|
- "Indian Larry" Desmedt, 55, 30 August 2004, motorcycle builder and stuntman
- Jeremy Lusk, 24, 10 February 2009, American freestyle motocross rider, competing in X Knights competition in San Jose, Costa Rica
- Jim McNeil, 32, 7 November 2011, American freestyle motocross rider, practice for an exhibition prior to the AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway
- 1896 Sylvester H. Roper Cambridge, Massachusetts. Crash preceded by or followed by heart failure.
- 2007 Noriyasu Numata (JPN) Okayama International Circuit
- 2013 Kevin Ash, journalist, killed in South Africa while testing new BMW R1200GS
- Motorcycle safety
- List of motorcycle deaths in U.S. by year
- List of Billown Course fatal accidents
- List of Daytona International Speedway fatalities
- Category:Lists of motorsport fatalities
- "T.E. Lawrence, To Arabia and back". BBC. Retrieved 16 August 2012
- "Third Man to Walk on Moon Dies in Motorcycle Accident". NASA. July 9, 1999.
- "Yamaha Release On Norick Abe's Death". SuperbikePlanet.com. Retrieved 2007-10-08.
- "'Legendary rider’ Norick Abe dies in motorbike, truck collision". Japan News Review. Retrieved 2007-10-08.
- The Canadian Press (2008-06-02). "Funeral For NHL Player Luc Bourdon". CityNews (Toronto). Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- Associated Press (2008-05-29). "Canucks rookie Bourdon, 21, killed in motorcycle crash". ESPN. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- Pynn, Larry (2008-05-29). "Bourdon's death saddens hometown fans, family". Vancouver Sun (Vancouver). Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- "Designerlegende Pininfarina ist tot". Spiegel Online. 2008-08-07. Archived from the original on 10 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-10. Translation
- "Andrea Pininfarina Dies in Turin Road Accident". Corrierre.it.
- http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/02/02/news-gt-gt-rip-atsushi- kuroi.aspx
- R. Gary Patterson (2008), Take a Walk on the Dark Side: Rock and Roll Myths, Legends, and Curses, Simon and Schuster, p. 44, ISBN 9781439103647
- Conspiracy theorists feast on inquiry into death of Diana's minder The Independent, Retrieved 1 November 2007
- William Langley (12 December 2004), "The Mannakee File", The Daily Telegraph
- BUSCH: Andy Kirby killed in accident, motorsport.com, July 20, 2002
- "FMX rider Jim McNeil dies". ESPN. 2011-11-07. Retrieved 2011-11-18.
- Matthew Miles (23 January 2013), Rest in Peace, Kevin Ash / British journalist killed in crash at BMW R1200GS press launch, Cycle World, retrieved 2013-01-24
- collision with a lorry
- Veered off road and crashed.
- Collision with a lorry, who made an illegal u-turn in front of him, when he was riding his motorcycle.
- a car driven by a 78 year old man maneuvered from a side street around a parked lorry and pulled directly in front of Mr. Pininfarina.