The following is a list of major desktop publishing software. A wide range of related software tools exist in this field, including many plug-ins and tools related to the applications listed below.
Several software directories provide more comprehensive listings of desktop publishing software, including VersionTracker and Tucows.
Free / Open-source
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe PageMaker, was Aldus Pagemaker; supplanted by InDesign
- Corel Draw
- ePageView - Digital Publishing Solution
- IHDP Software- In House Digital Publishing Software
- ePaperFlip - Digital Publishing Software
- First Publisher, was ClickArt Personal Publisher (by T/Maker Company)
- flipb Software PDF to Flip Book Desktop Publishing Software
- PUB HTML5 - Desktop Publishing Software
- HTML5 page flip- Desktop Digital Publishing Software
- FrameMaker, now owned by Adobe
- AnyFlip - Interactive Flipping Book Publishing Platform
- Greenstreet Publisher Home and Publisher Business
- InPage - DTP which works with English + Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Pashto etc.
- iStudio Publisher - Desktop publishing and page layout software for Mac OS X
- Slide HTML5 - online Desktop Publishing Software
- Lucidpress - Desktop publishing and page layout software that is web-based and collaborative
- Maul Publisher - Desktop publishing and page layout for OS/2, eComStation, and Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Publisher
- Origami Engine - Digital Publishing System
- Pages, by Apple, Inc.
- PageStream, formerly known as Publishing Partner
- Prince XML, by YesLogic
- Print Shop, originally produced by Broderbund
- Serif PagePlus
- UltraXML, XML Dynamic Publishing Solution
- Ventura Publisher, now owned by Corel and originally developed by Xerox
- Xara Designer Pro X
- Xara Page & Layout Designer