List of discrete event simulation software
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (June 2008)|
This is a list of discrete event simulation software.
|Name||Language||Library or Software||Last Updated||License||Description|
|adevs||C++||Library||December 2012||LGPL||A C++ library for building discrete event simulations. Adevs based on the Discrete Event System Specification (DEVS) and Dynamic DEVS modeling formalisms; it supports parallel discrete event simulation and a runtime system for OpenModelica.|
|CPN Tools||A tool to analyse logisitics/queuing models in all type of applications|
|Facsimile||Library||A free, open-source discrete-event simulation/emulation library.|
|Galatea||An agent-based simulation platform.|
|MASON||Java||Library||A fast discrete-event multiagent simulation library core in Java, designed to be the foundation for large custom-purpose Java simulations.|
|PowerDEVS||An integrated tool for hybrid systems modeling and simulation based on the DEVS formalism.|
|SimPy||Python||Library||October 2013||MIT||An open source process-oriented discrete event simulation package implemented in Python. It is based on Simula concepts, but goes significantly beyond Simula in its synchronization constructs.|
|SystemC||C++||A set of C++ classes and macros which provide an event-driven simulation kernel in C++.|
|Tortuga||Java||Library||An open source software framework for discrete-event simulation in Java.|
|SimArch and jEQN||Java||Library||GPL 3.0||A GPL open source software architecture for local and distributed discrete-event simulation in Java. jEQN defines a DSL for Modeling & Simulation of Queuing Networks|
- AnyLogic is a graphical general purpose simulation tool which supports discrete event (process-centric), system dynamics and agent-based modeling approaches. In discrete event simulation it roots to the same approach as GPSS, but provides additional features: combining different approaches, dynamic animation, DB-connectivity, DXF-import, rich experimental framework etc.
- Arena is a simulation and automation software developed by Rockwell Automation. It uses the SIMAN processor and simulation language.
- CLASS is the Configurable Layout and Simulation System developed by Cirrus Logistics. Designed for the logistics sector business user - quick and easy 2D and 3D modelling of warehouses, site traffic, ports, automotive logistics.
- Demo3D Highly graphical 3D discrete event simulation software with physics and built in connectivity for system emulation.
- Enterprise Dynamics is a simulation software platform developed by INCONTROL Simulation Solutions. Features include drag-and-drop modeling and instant 2D and 3D Animation.
- ExtendSim is a general purpose simulation software package from Imagine That.
- Flexsim - is a discrete event simulation software which includes the basic FlexSim simulation software and three product lines: FlexSim distributed simulation system (FlexSim DS), FlexSim container terminal library (FlexSim CT) and FlexSim Healthcare Simulation (FlexSim HC)
- GoldSim - Combines system dynamics with aspects of discrete event simulation, embedded in a Monte Carlo framework.
- Lanner L-SIM Server - Java based simulation engine for simulating BPMN2.0 based process models.
- Lanner WITNESS - A discrete event simulation platform, with graphical 2D & 3D and scripting interfaces, for modelling processes and experimentation.
- MS4 Modeling Environment is a general purpose DEVS methodology based software environment for discrete event and hybrid models. The combination of DEVS and System Entity Structure (SES) frameworks allows family of models prototyping and system of systems engineering (SoSE) modeling and simulation.
- NetSim - Network Simulation software with built-in development environment
- Plant Simulation - Tecnomatix Plant Simulation software developed by Siemens PLM Software enables the simulation and optimization of production systems and processes.
- Process Playground - a Web-based discrete event simulation program for Lean and process improvement produced by MoreSteam.com. With the objects, inputs and automated features, Process Playground helps define existing process flows, embed decision rules and data inputs, and simulate the process configuration.
- ProModel - a discrete-event simulation tool that also allows modeling of continuous processes. ProModel is used for evaluating, planning or designing manufacturing, warehousing, logistics and other operational and strategic applications.
- Renque is general-purpose discrete event simulation software with integrated Visual Basic scripting and a graphical interface for design and operation.
- SAS Simulation Studio is a discrete-event simulation software developed by SAS Institute Inc. In addition to powerful modeling tools such as mobile resource objects, submodels, etc. it also provides users with the ability to easily integrate with SAS and JMP for data i/o, design of experiments, input modeling, etc.
- Simcad Pro Dynamic Discrete and continuous simulation software. Visual interface with no coding environment. Support 2D and 3D Animation and Value Stream Mapping.
- SimEvents of MathWorks adds discrete event simulation to the MATLAB/Simulink environment.
- Simio: a discrete event simulation tool that provides a true object-based 3D modeling environment which lets you construct your 3D model in a single step from a top-down 2D view, and then instantly switch to a 3D view of your system. You simply drag and place your 3D objects from an Object Library into your facility view of the model.
- SIMPROCESS is a discrete event simulation tool that combines flow charting, dynamic simulation, Activity Based Costing, and complex business logic. SIMPROCESS models can be build in a desktop environment or server-based environment, and they support Business Activity Monitoring for predictive analytics.
- SIMUL8 produces several versions of its object-based simulation software.
Not yet categorized
- Care pathway simulator is an award-winning discrete event simulation program specifically designed for service industries e.g. healthcare.
- GPSS is the time tested discrete event simulation platform. Different implementations are available through vendors.
- Simula was the first object-oriented programming language, and was designed specifically for simulation.
- TRUE (Temporal Reasoning Universal Elaboration) system dynamics with 4D rendering, Procedural animation
- Simulation123 peer support for discrete event simulation
Byrne, James; Heavey, Cathal; Byrne, P.J. (March 2010). "A review of Web-based simulation and supporting tools". Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory (Elsevier) 18 (3): 253–276. doi:10.1016/j.simpat.2009.09.013.