List of institutions of higher education in Delhi
||It has been suggested that List of engineering colleges in Delhi be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since July 2011.|
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (August 2010)|
In Delhi there are four central universities (University of Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Jamia Millia Islamia University and Indira Gandhi National Open University), five state universities and eleven deemed universities. The status of one institute, the National School of Drama, is unclear. It also has an international university established by the eight member nations of South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation (SAARC).
granted deemed/central university status The National School of Drama was granted deemed university status in 2005. However, in 2011 the status was revoked on the institute's request. Its current status is unclear.
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri, Delhi
- Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi
- United Nations University, Delhi
- Vocational University, Delhi
- National Education Management & Technology Studies (NEMTS or NEM)
- ADR-Centric Juridical University
- Al-Qatai University, New Delhi
see also list of colleges under Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- UEI Global
- National Institute of Fashion Technology
- New Delhi Institute of Management
- University School of Information Technology
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
- Govind Ballabh Pant Engineering College
- University School of Chemical Technology
- University School of Biotechnology
- University School of Management Studies
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology
- Ambedkar Institute of Technology
- National Power Training Institute
see also list of faculties and centers under Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Delhi Music Academy
- Delhi School Of Music
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for the Physically Handicapped
- Maulana Azad Medical College
- Delhi College of Engineering
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
- Apeejay Institute of Design
- Ch. Brahm Prakash Government Engineering College
- Bhaskraycharya College of Applied Sciences ()
- College of Vocational Studies
- Gargi College
- Government Engineering College
- Kirori Mal College
- Miranda House (Official website)
- Ramjas College
- Bhim Rao Ambedkar College
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
- Sri Venkateswara College
- AJK, Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM)
- Mount Carmel Business School
- UEI Global
- Amity Law School
There are several education institutes that are either run by corporations or societies as an extra help to students.
- National Institute of Information Technologies (NIIT) has multiple branches in Delhi. Some of the main branches of NIIT are Janakpuri, Najafgarh, Rajouri Garden, Preet Vihar, Pitampura, New Friends Colony, Hauz Khaz, Munirka, Kalkaji etc.
- "Ambedkar University, Delhi". aud.ac.in. Bharat Ratna Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Delhi Technological University – Delhi College of Engineering – Historical Background". dce.ac.in. Delhi Technological University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "The Official Website of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi (India)". ggsipu.nic.in. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Genesis". iari.res.in. Indian Agricultural Research Institute. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "IIFT ::. About Us ::. Mission". iift.edu. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Profile". ilidelhi.org. Indian Law Institute. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Indira Gandhi National Open University". ignou.ac.in. Indira Gandhi National Open University. Archived from the original on 24 October 2009. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About Us | IIIT-Delhi". iiitd.ac.in. Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About Jamia Hamdard". jamiahamdard.edu. Jamia Hamdard. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "History of Jamia Millia Islamia". jmi.ac.in. Jamia Millia Islamia. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Welcome to Jawaharlal Nehru University". jnu.ac.in. Jawaharlal Nehru University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "National Law University". nludelhi.ac.in. National Law University, Delhi. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "National Museum Institute, New Delhi". nationalmuseumindia.gov.in. National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Musicology. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "::: National School of Drama :::". nsd.gov.in. National School of Drama. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- ":: National University of Educational Planning and Administration". nuepa.org. National University of Educational Planning and Administration. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan". sanskrit.nic.in. Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About SPA". spa.ac.in. School of Planning and Architecture. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha | History". slbsrsv.ac.in. Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapith. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "South Asian University; History". southasianuniversity.org. South Asian University. Retrieved 18 Feb 2013.
- "History of TERI University". teriuniversity.ac.in. TERI University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About Us". ilbs.in. Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About us". du.ac.in. University of Delhi. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "NSD loses deemed varsity status on own request". The Hindu. 7 October 2011. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- List of fake Universities State-wise as on 08-08-2007:UGC