List of institutions of higher education in Delhi
||It has been suggested that List of engineering colleges in Delhi be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since July 2011.|
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (August 2010)|
In Delhi there are four central universities (University of Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Jamia Millia Islamia University and Indira Gandhi National Open University), five state universities and eleven deemed universities. The status of one institute, the National School of Drama, is unclear. It also has an international university established by the eight member nations of South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation (SAARC).
granted deemed/central university status The National School of Drama was granted deemed university status in 2005. However, in 2011 the status was revoked on the institute's request. Its current status is unclear.
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri, Delhi
- Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi
- United Nations University, Delhi
- Vocational University, Delhi
- National Education Management & Technology Studies (NEMTS or NEM)
- ADR-Centric Juridical University
- Al-Qatai University, New Delhi
see also list of colleges under Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- UEI Global
- Lalit Kala Academy of Performing
- National Institute of Fashion Technology
- New Delhi Institute of Management
- University School of Information Technology
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
- Govind Ballabh Pant Engineering College
- University School of Chemical Technology
- University School of Biotechnology
- University School of Management Studies
- University School of Environment Management
- University School of Basic & Applied Sciences
- University School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- University School of Law and Legal Studies
- University School of Engineering & Technology
- University School of Education
- University School of Architecture & Planning
- University School of Medicine and Para-Medical Health Sciences
- University School of Mass Communication
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology
- Ambedkar Institute of Technology
- National Power Training Institute
see also list of faculties and centers under Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Humanities and Languages
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- AJK, Mass Communication Research Centre
- FTK-Centre for Information Technology
- MMAJ Academy of International Studies
- Arjun Singh Centre for Distance and Open Learning
- Centre for Management Studies
- Nelson Mandela Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Centre for Jawaharlal Nehru Studies
- Dr. K.R. Narayanan Centre for Dalit and Minorities Studies
- Centre for European and Latin American Studies
- Centre for Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Centre for Theoretical Physics
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Basic Sciences
- Sarojini Naidu Centre for Women's Studies
- Delhi Music Academy
- Delhi School Of Music
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for the Physically Handicapped
- International Management Institute New Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College
- Delhi College of Engineering
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
- Apeejay Institute of Design
- Apeejay School of Management
- Parikrama School Of Rock
- Asia Pacific Institute of Management Studies
- Ch. Brahm Prakash Government Engineering College
- Bhaskraycharya College of Applied Sciences ()
- College of Vocational Studies
- Gargi College
- Government Engineering College
- Kamala Nehru College (Official Website)
- Kirori Mal College
- Miranda House (Official website)
- Ramanujan College
- Ramjas College
- Bhim Rao Ambedkar College
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies
- Sri Venkateswara College
- [global institute of management, 9 Green compound bariatu road baragain ranchi,][jharkhand]
- AJK, Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Institute of Clinical Research India (ICRI)
- Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM)
- Mount Carmel Business School
- UEI Global
- Amity Law School
Hotel Management/ Other Institutes
There are several education institutes that are either run by corporations or societies as an extra help to students.
- Metro Institute of Learning and Development - A/9 Second Floor, Vikas Puri, Delhi - 18, 011- 25615285
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Early Childhood Care Education, J-2, Near Khalilullah Masjid Batla House, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025
- NBA School of Business
- NIIT is considered as one of the best computer training institute in the country. NIIT has multiple branches in Delhi. Some of the main branches of NIIT are Janakpuri, Najafgarh, Rajouri Garden, Preet Vihar, Pitampura, New Friends Colony, Hauz Khaz, Munirka, Kalkaji etc.
- National Institute of Information Technologies
- F Tech Computer Education
- SIMT (Okhla, Jamia Nagar)
- NEWTON INFOTECH
- Indira Gandhi Institute of early Childhood Care Education (Okhla, Jamia Nagar)
- ADMEC Multimedia Institute is a pioneer institute in the field of Animation & Digital Media Education. It is a specialize institute that trains its students in professional manner. It is an institute that has a strong credibility among the professionals. It has only one center in delhi from last 7 years.
- AJK, Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia
- R. K. Films & Media Academy
- R. K. College of Systems & Management
- The Delhi School of Communication
- NBA School of Mass Communication
- "Ambedkar University, Delhi". aud.ac.in. Bharat Ratna Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Delhi Technological University – Delhi College of Engineering – Historical Background". dce.ac.in. Delhi Technological University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "The Official Website of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi (India)". ggsipu.nic.in. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Genesis". iari.res.in. Indian Agricultural Research Institute. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "IIFT ::. About Us ::. Mission". iift.edu. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Profile". ilidelhi.org. Indian Law Institute. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Indira Gandhi National Open University". ignou.ac.in. Indira Gandhi National Open University. Archived from the original on 24 October 2009. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Institute of Professional Education & Entrepreneurship". ipee.in. Institute of Professional Education & Entrepreneurship. Archived from the original on 25 October 2009. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About Us | IIIT-Delhi". iiitd.ac.in. Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About Jamia Hamdard". jamiahamdard.edu. Jamia Hamdard. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "History of Jamia Millia Islamia". jmi.ac.in. Jamia Millia Islamia. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Welcome to Jawaharlal Nehru University". jnu.ac.in. Jawaharlal Nehru University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "National Law University". nludelhi.ac.in. National Law University, Delhi. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "National Museum Institute, New Delhi". nationalmuseumindia.gov.in. National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Musicology. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "::: National School of Drama :::". nsd.gov.in. National School of Drama. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- ":: National University of Educational Planning and Administration". nuepa.org. National University of Educational Planning and Administration. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan". sanskrit.nic.in. Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About SPA". spa.ac.in. School of Planning and Architecture. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha | History". slbsrsv.ac.in. Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapith. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "South Asian University; History". southasianuniversity.org. South Asian University. Retrieved 18 Feb 2013.
- "History of TERI University". teriuniversity.ac.in. TERI University. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About Us". ilbs.in. Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "About us". du.ac.in. University of Delhi. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "NSD loses deemed varsity status on own request". The Hindu. 7 October 2011. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- List of fake Universities State-wise as on 08-08-2007:UGC