List of family-owned newspapers in the United States
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008)|
The following is a partial list of family-owned newspapers in the United States. It represents the small subset of the list of newspapers in the United States which are run by a family business, and may include exceptions to or examples of concerns about concentration of media ownership.
A to L
- The Adair County Free Press, Greenfield, Iowa – established 1889 by the Sidey family, still in operation.
- The Argus-Press, Owosso, Michigan – established 1916
- Casa Grande Valley Newspapers Inc., Casa Grande, Arizona – family owned and operated by the Kramer family since 1963
- The Clayton Record, Clayton, Alabama – family owned since 1915
- The Columbian, Vancouver, Washington - owned by the Campbell Family
- The Columbus Dispatch, Columbus, Ohio – owned by the Wolfe family
- The Columbia Daily Tribune, Columbia, Missouri – family owned since 1905
- East Oregonian – Oregon & Washington papers, family owned
- The Free Lance–Star, Fredericksburg, Virginia – family owned since 1926
- The Italian Tribune, aka La Tribuna del Popolo, Macomb, Michigan – founded 1909, family owned since 1909 by the Giuliano-Baker family
- Kstati Russian-American Newspaper, aka Apropos Kstati, San Francisco, California - founded in 1994, family-owned and operated by the Sundeyev family
The "Bourbon County Citizen" and TMC publication "The Citizen-Advertiser" - family-owned and operated by the Brannnon family in Paris, Kentucky.
M to Z
- The Madison Courier, Madison, Indiana – founded 1837, owned since 1849 by the Garber family
- News-Register, McMinnville, Oregon – family owned since 1928
- The Newtown Bee, Newtown, Connecticut – family owned since 1881
- The Register-Guard, Eugene, Oregon – family owned since 1927
- Shaw Newspapers, Dixon, Illinois, – established in 1851
- Smith Publishing & Media Group, Walnut, California – family owned since 2006
- The Southern Star, Ozark, Alabama – family owned since 1867
- Steamboat Pilot & Today, Routt County, Colorado - owned by WorldWest LLC, a family-owned company based in Lawrence, Kansas.
- Sun Journal, Lewiston, Maine – family-owned and published by the Costello family since 1898
- Town Topics, Princeton, New Jersey – family owned since 1946
- Wick Communications, Sierra Vista, Arizona – Wick family owned chain of newspapers in 12 states since 1926
- The Mooreland Leader, Mooreland, Oklahoma - Schnoebelen family owned since 1903
- "Newspapers Way of Life for Family Producing Casa Grande Daily". Arizona State University's Cronkite News Service. Retrieved 2 May 2007.
- "About Us". The Free Lance–Star website. Retrieved 28 October 2008.
- Mike Lawrence (May 13, 2011). "CU journalism alums happily report and edit in Steamboat Springs". University of Colorado. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "About the Pilot & Today". steamboatpilot.com. Retrieved 31 January 2012.