List of fan-owned sports teams
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
This is a partial list of professional or semi-professional sports teams that are owned by fans (via either a collective organisation or where the assumption of majority ownership by a small group is prohibited by the club's constitution or governing documents) from all over the world sorted by home country. Teams playing at every level in each country are shown.
- Victoria Highlanders F.C. - majority owner Alex Campbell Jr. publicly announced that the purchase of season tickets will give supporters "an ownership share in the club and a voice in its direction". Season ticket holders are members of the Victoria Highlanders Supporters Society, which owns 30% of the club and holds two seats (of nine) on the club's advisory board.
- AFC Liverpool – Cooperative.
- AFC Telford United – Fully owned by Telford United Supporters Trust.
- AFC Wimbledon – Fully owned by The Dons Trust, a Supporters' Trust.
- Cambridge City F.C. - As of September 2011, the Cambridge City Supporters' Trust (CCST) owned 10% (a minority) of the club. According to the CCST secretary, CCST now only has appointment power for one director position.
- Chesham United F.C. - As of March 2011, Chesham United Supporters' Trust (CUST) held 43.25% (minority) ownership of the club. CUST committee members currently hold a majority (6 of 11) of the club's board of director positions, thus giving CUST day-to-day control of the club. CUST's ambition is to earn no more than 49.9% of the club, "a safeguard so that no one party has an overall majority stake in the club".
- Darlington 1883 - The club was to be initially 10% owned by 1883 Community Interest Company (1883 CIC), and for 1883 CIC's shareholding to increase as additional donations were received. The club's constitution states that no person may own more than 15% of the club; however, entities such as charities, community amateur sports clubs, industrial and provident societies, community interest companies or other not-for-profit organisations may be able to acquire greater than 15% of the club. (Conditions for 15%+ ownership include the objective of community ownership.).
- Dorchester Town F.C. - from 2013 the Supporters Trust own a joint majority shareholding in the club. 
- F.C. United of Manchester - Owned by a Community Benefit Society. One member, one vote basis.
- Maine Road F.C.
- Saffron Walden Town F.C. - On 4 July 2012, members voted to convert the club into a Community Benefit Society.
- Scarborough Town F.C. - This former club was run on a democratic basis by a management committee. Membership was open to everyone by payment of an annual fee. All adult members had an equal vote and were encouraged to use this vote at every AGM and EGM.
- Panathinaikos F.C. - The Vardinoyiannis family has agreed to transfer its 54.75% stake in the Athens club to the ‘Panathinaikos Alliance’ group. Each member will have one vote in decision-making procedures, regardless of how many shares each individual holds.
- Hapoel Katamon Jerusalem F.C. - The club conceived and founded in 2007 by Hapoel Jerusalem fans unhappy with the team's management. The club currently plays in Liga Leumit (the second league in Israel) and is based at Teddy Stadium. At its founding, Hapoel Katamon Jerusalem became the first fan-owned football club in Israel.
- "Season tickets will mean ownership share in Highlanders". Victoria Times-Colonist. 2011-11-05. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- Jason Gillett, firstname.lastname@example.org. "Victoria Highlanders FC". Victoria Highlanders FC. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "FAQ". AFC Liverpool. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Supporters Trust". AFC Telford United. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "What is the Dons Trust?". AFC Wimbledon. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Talk:Cambridge City F.C.". Wikipedia. 15 September 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2012.
- "Chesham United Supporters' Trust". Chesham United Football Club. Retrieved 8 January 2012.
- "Who's who behind the scenes?". Chesham United Football Club. Retrieved 8 January 2012.
- "Supporters Trust AGM Minutes". Chesham United Football Club website forum. 10 October 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2012.
- "Darlington FC CIC Group Structure". 1883 Community Interest Company (1883 CIC). Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Constitution". Save Darlo. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Club, DTYFC & Trust Joint Statement". Dorchester Town Football Club. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "FCUM Who are we?". FC United of Manchester. Retrieved 11 April 2011.
- "Saffron Walden vote to become community benefit society". Supporters Direct. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Daniel, Gregory (4 June 2013). "Scarborough Town fold after tough campaign". The Scarborough News. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Membership". Scarborough Town FC. Retrieved 8 January 2012.
- "Fans secure ownership of Panathinaikos". Soccerex. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- "Aquilotto Cavese Launched". Supporters Direct. 2011-11-07. Retrieved 2011-11-07.
- Canoe inc. (2006-03-23). "Local ownership 'fraught with uncertainty'". Slam.canoe.ca. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "ACQUISIZIONE VIRTUS". Virtus.it. 2013-07-07. Retrieved 2012-07-29. (Italian)
- Sask. Roughriders (2013-11-24). "SHARES | Saskatchewan Roughriders". Riderville.com. Retrieved 2013-12-23.