List of fictional big cats
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of fictional lions)
This list of fictional big cats is subsidiary to the List of fictional cats and other felines and includes notable large feline characters that appear in various works of fiction. This list excludes hybrid cross species such as Ligers and Tiglons.
|Aslan||Lion||C. S. Lewis||The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe||A talking lion, the King of Beasts, son of the Emperor-Over-the-Sea; a wise, compassionate, magical authority (both temporal and spiritual); mysterious and benevolent guide to the human children who visit; guardian and saviour of Narnia. The author, C. S. Lewis, described Aslan as an alternative version of Christ, that is, as the form in which Christ might have appeared in a fantasy world. Aslan is Turkish for "lion".|
|Bagheera||Black panther||Rudyard Kipling||The Jungle Book||Friendly, loyal, trustworthy, protective, sly, clever, serious and responsible character|
|Cowardly Lion||Lion||L. Frank Baum||The Wonderful Wizard of Oz|
|Grograman||Lion||Michael Ende||The NeverEnding Story||Dubbed The Many Colored Death (Graógramán, der Bunte Tod in German)|
|Guenhwyvar||black panther||R. A. Salvatore|
|Hungry Tiger||Tiger||L. Frank Baum||Ozma of Oz|
|Jad-bal-ja||Lion||Tarzan and the Golden Lion||A companion to Tarzan|
|Richard Parker||Tiger||Yann Martel||Life of Pi|
|Shere Khan||Tiger||Rudyard Kipling||The Jungle Book|
|Stelmaria||Snow Leopard||Philip Pullman||The Golden Compass||Lord Asriel's daemon|
|Tigger||Tiger||A. A. Milne||Winnie the Pooh||Does not like thistles, acorns or honey.|
|The Tiger Who Came to Tea||Tiger||Judith Kerr||The Tiger Who Came to Tea|
|Yambo||Cheetah||André Mercier||Our Friend Yambo||A curious biography of a Cheetah adopted by a French couple and brought to live in Paris|
These are non-animated notable large cat characters from film.
- Baby, a tame Leopard in the film Bringing Up Baby starring Cary Grant
- Charlie, a Cougar raised in captivity and grown to be wild in the film Charlie, the Lonesome Cougar
- Duma, a Cheetah in the film Duma and Walt Disney's live-action film Cheetah
- Elsa the Lioness, raised by Joy Adamson in Born Free
- The Cowardly Lion, a character in the film The Wizard of Oz
These are non-animated notable large cat characters from television.
- Daniel Striped Tiger on Mister Rogers' Neighborhood and the upcoming series Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
- Drooper, lion from the Banana Splits
- Ludicrous Lion, peddler character from H.R. Pufnstuf
Main article: List of fictional big cats in animation
- Battle Cat, in the Masters of the Universe franchise.
- Hobbes, an anthropomorphic stuffed tiger and best friend of Calvin in the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes
- Lyle and Lana from Animal Crackers comic strip
- Max, a bobcat companion of G.I. Joe pointman Spearhead in G.I. Joe: An American Hero
- Meo, a tiger in History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
- Richie, from the manga One Piece.
- Shiva, a tiger in The Walking Dead
- Bubsy, a bobcat from Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind and three other Bubsy games.
- Charr from Guild Wars
- Hunter the Cheetah, from Spyro: A Hero's Tail and various other Spyro games.
- Guenhwyvar, a magical black panther from the Astral Plane in the fictional universe of the Forgotten Realms
- T'ai Fu from T'ai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger
- Katt and Tiga from Breath of Fire II
- Long and Shenlong from Bloody Roar.
- Pura and Tiny Tiger from the Crash Bandicoot series.
- Neyla and Rajan from Sly 2: Band of Thieves
- Neon Tiger, a Maverick in Mega Man X3
- Blaze the Cat and Big the Cat from the "Sonic the Hedgehog series".
- Panther, Panther Sweet breath in Medieval Bestiary
- Underwater panther an ancient panther in Native American mythology
- Were-jaguar, shapeshifting jaguar spirit in Olmec mythology
- Byakko, white tiger in Japanese Mythology
- Dawon, tiger from Hindu Mythology
- The Yali, a mythical lion from Hindu mythology.
- Sekhmet, a goddess in Egyptian mythology had the head of a lioness.
- Maahes, Egyptian lion god of war, son of Bast.