List of finite element software packages
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|CalculiX||It is an Open Source FEA project. The solver uses a partially compatible ABAQUS file format. The pre/post-processor generates input data for many FEA and CFD applications||GNU GPL||GNU/Linux, Windows|
|Code Aster||is an Open Source software package for Civil and Structural Engineering finite element analysis and numeric simulation in structural mechanics which is written in Python and Fortran||GNU GPL||GNU/Linux, FreeBSD|
|deal.II||Comprehensive set of tools for finite element codes, scaling from laptops to clusters with 10,000+ cores. Written in C++.||QPL up to release 7.2, LGPL after that||GNU/Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, Windows|
|DUNE||Distributed and Unified Numerics Environment, written in C++||GPL Version 2 with Run-Time Exception||GNU/Linux, Unix, Mac OS X|
|Elmer||Open source multiphysical simulation software developed by Finnish Ministry of Education's CSC, written primarily in Fortran (written in Fortran90, C and C++)||GPL||GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, Windows|
|FEBio||Finite Elements for Biomechanics||Custom||GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, Windows|
|FEniCS Project||Software package developed by American and European researchers with the goal to enable automated solution of differential equations||LGPL||Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, Windows|
|FreeFem++||Software written in C++ for rapid testing and finite element simulations. The problem is defined in terms of its variational formulation||GPL||GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, Solaris|
|Feel++||C++ library for partial differential equation solves using generalized Galerkin methods (i.e. fem, hp/fem, spectral method)||LGPL/GPL||GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, Windows|
|Hermes Project||Modular C/C++ library for rapid development of space- and space-time adaptive hp-FEM solvers||LGPL||Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, Windows|
|Impact||Explicit Dynamic Finite Element Program Suite, for dynamic events like crashes, written in Java||GPL Version 2||Linux, Windows|
|IMTEK Mathematica Supplement||The purpose of the IMS is threefold: provide additional IMTEK-developed Mathematica packages, provide IMTEK-Simulation lecture materials, provide interfaces to external programs and file formats||GPL||Linux, Windows|
|MoFEM JosePH||MoFEM (JosePH) is a finite element analysis code tailored for the solution of multi-physics problems||LGPL||Unix, Linux, Mac OS X|
|OOFEM||Object Oriented Finite EleMent solver, written in C++||GPL Version 2||Unix, Windows|
|OpenFOAM (Field Operation And Manipulation)||Originally for CFD only, but now includes finite element analysis through tetrahedral decomposition of arbitrary grids||GPL||Unix, Linux|
|OpenSees||is an Open System for Earthquake Engineering Simulation||Non Commercial||Windows|
|Z88/Z88Aurora||Freeware finite element package; The present version Z88Aurora V2 offers, in addition to static strength analysis modules such as non-linear strength calculations (large displacements), natural frequency and static thermal analysis.||Custom||Linux, Windows, Mac OS X|
|Z88/Z88V14OS||Open Source finite element package written entirely in ANSI-C; static strength analysis||GPL||Linux, Unix, Windows, Mac OS X|
- Abaqus: Advanced Franco-USA software from SIMULIA, owned by Dassault Systemes.
- ADINA: finite element software for structural, fluid, heat transfer, electromagnetic, and multiphysics problems, including fluid-structure interaction and thermo-mechanical coupling
- Advance Design: BIM software for FEM structural analysis, including international design eurocodes, a solution developed by GRAITEC.
- ALGOR: USA software from Autodesk. (Renamed to Simulation Multiphysics.)
- Altair HyperWorks: A full CAE pre-processing and post-processing suite.
- ANSA: An advanced CAE pre-processing software for complete model build up.
- ANSYS: USA software
- AutoForm: Swiss origin German software for Sheet metal forming process chain
- Computers and Structures: Berkeley, California-based producers of SAP2000, CSiBridge, ETABS, SAFE, PERFORM-3D, and CSiCOL
- COMSOL Multiphysics COMSOL Multiphysics Finite Element Analysis Software formerly Femlab
- CST Studio Suite
- Diffpack Software for finite element analysis and partial differential equations
- Dynamis General purpose Finite Element Analysis from DTECH
- Extreme Loading for Structures: Software made by Applied Science International for non-linear dynamic structural analysis, progressive collapse, blast, seismic, impact and other loading.
- FEDEM: FEDEM is a simulation software for mechanical multibody systems
- FEFLOW: simulates groundwater flow, mass transfer and heat transfer in porous media
- Femap, Siemens PLM Software: A pre and post processor for Windows
- FEMtools, Dynamic Design Solutions: A toolbox for static and dynamic simulation, verification, validation and updating of finite element models. Includes also modules for structural optimization and for obtaining experimental reference data.
- Flexcom, Finite element package used in the offshore oil and gas industry. Developed by MCS Kenny.
- HydroGeoSphere: A 3D control-volume finite element hydrologic model, simulating surface and subsurface water flow and solute and thermal energy transport
- HyperSizer, design software specializing in composite materials; integrates with other software
- JMAG, Japanese software
- LS-DYNA, LSTC - Livermore Software Technology Corporation
- LUSAS: UK Software
- MADYMO: TASS - TNO Automotive Safety Solutions
- MARC: USA software, from MSC Software
- Nastran: USA software, from MSC Software
- NEi Fusion, NEi Software: 3D CAD modeler + Nastran FEA
- NEi Nastran, NEi Software: General purpose Finite Element Analysis
- NEi Works: Embedded Nastran for SolidWorks users
- PZFlex: USA software for wave propagation and piezoelectric devices
- Quickfield : Physics simulating software
- Radioss: A linear and nonlinear solver owned by Altair Engineering
- Range Software: Multiphysics simulation software
- RFEM: BIM software for structural analysis and design according to various international standards and eurocodes
- RISA-3D: 3D Wireframe Modeler & FEA Beam Element Analysis, structural design and optimization to AISI and other Codes.
- S-FRAME: Software for civil and structural engineers
- SAMCEF: CAE package developed by the Belgian company
- SAP2000: USA software
- SESAM: Norwegian software, developed by Det Norske Veritas (DNV) for the offshore and maritime industries.
- Sherlock Automated Design Analysis: Software is a Physics of Failure-based tool for analyzing, grading and certifying the expected reliability of products at the circuit card assembly level, Developed by DfR Solutions. Sherlock interfaces with other FEA tools such as Abaqus and Ansys software
- STRAND7: Developed in Sydney Australia by Strand7 Pty. Ltd. Marketed as Straus7 in Italy.
- StressCheck developed by ESRD, Inc (USA) emphasizing solution accuracy by utilizing high order elements
- Vflo: Physics-based distributed hydrologic modeling software, developed by Vieux & Associates, Inc.
- VisualFEA, Korean software for structural and geotechnical analysis