List of finite element software packages
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Agros2D||Multiplatform open source application for the solution of physical problems based on the Hermes library||GNU GPL||Linux, Windows|
|CalculiX||It is an Open Source FEA project. The solver uses a partially compatible ABAQUS file format. The pre/post-processor generates input data for many FEA and CFD applications||GNU GPL||Linux, Windows|
|Code Aster||is an Open Source software package for Civil and Structural Engineering finite element analysis and numeric simulation in structural mechanics which is written in Python and Fortran||GNU GPL||Linux, FreeBSD|
|deal.II||Comprehensive set of tools for finite element codes, scaling from laptops to clusters with 10,000+ cores. Written in C++.||QPL up to release 7.2, LGPL after that||Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, Windows|
|DUNE||Distributed and Unified Numerics Environment, written in C++||GPL Version 2 with Run-Time Exception||Linux, Unix, Mac OS X|
|Elmer||Open source multiphysical simulation software developed by Finnish Ministry of Education's CSC, written primarily in Fortran (written in Fortran90, C and C++)||GPL||Linux, Mac OS X, Windows|
|FEBio||Finite Elements for Biomechanics||Custom||Linux, Mac OS X, Windows|
|FEniCS Project||Software package developed by American and European researchers with the goal to enable automated solution of differential equations||LGPL||Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, Windows|
|FreeFem++||Software written in C++ for rapid testing and finite element simulations. The problem is defined in terms of its variational formulation||GPL||Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, Solaris|
|GetFEM++||A generic finite element library written in C++ with interfaces for Python, Matlab and Scilab. It focuses on modeling of contact mechanics and discontinuities (e.g. cracks).||LGPL||Unix, Mac OS X, Windows|
|Hermes Project||Modular C/C++ library for rapid development of space- and space-time adaptive hp-FEM solvers||LGPL||Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, Windows|
|jFEM||2D/3D open source C++ FEM codes developed for nanophotonics by Jeffrey M. McMahon ||GNU GPL||Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, (Windows, but unsupported)|
|Kratos||Framework for building multi-disciplinary finite element programs||BSD licenses||Linux, Windows|
|MoFEM JosePH||MoFEM (JosePH) is a finite element analysis code tailored for the solution of multi-physics problems||LGPL||Unix, Linux, Mac OS X|
|MOOSE||Multiphysics Object Oriented Simulation Environment - an object oriented C++ finite element framework for rapid development of tightly coupled multiphysics solvers||LGPL||Unix, Linux, Mac OS X|
|OOFEM||Object Oriented Finite EleMent solver, written in C++||GPL Version 2||Unix, Windows|
|OpenFOAM (Field Operation And Manipulation)||Originally for CFD only, but now includes finite element analysis through tetrahedral decomposition of arbitrary grids||GPL||Unix, Linux|
|OpenSees||is an Open System for Earthquake Engineering Simulation||Non Commercial||Unix, Linux, Windows|
|Z88/Z88Aurora||Freeware finite element package; The present version Z88Aurora V2 offers, in addition to static strength analysis modules such as non-linear strength calculations (large displacements), natural frequency and static thermal analysis.||Custom||Linux, Windows, Mac OS X|
- Abaqus: Advanced Franco-USA software from SIMULIA, owned by Dassault Systemes.
- ADINA: finite element software for structural, fluid, heat transfer, electromagnetic, and multiphysics problems, including fluid-structure interaction and thermo-mechanical coupling
- Advance Design: BIM software for FEM structural analysis, including international design eurocodes, a solution developed by GRAITEC.
- ALGOR: USA software from Autodesk. (Renamed to Simulation Multiphysics.)
- Altair HyperWorks: A full CAE program suite (including pre/post-processor, Solvers, Optimization solver, parameter study solver)
- ANSA: An advanced CAE pre-processing software for complete model build up.
- ANSYS: USA software
- AutoForm: Swiss origin German software for Sheet metal forming process chain
- CFD-FASTRAN: A commercial Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software package developed by ESI Group for aerodynamic and aerothermodynamic applications. It employs multiple moving body capability for simulating problems such as missile launch, maneuvering and staging, and aircraft flight dynamics and store separation.
- Computers and Structures: Berkeley, California-based producers of SAP2000, CSiBridge, ETABS, SAFE, PERFORM-3D, and CSiCOL
- COMSOL Multiphysics COMSOL Multiphysics Finite Element Analysis Software formerly Femlab
- CST Studio Suite
- DIANA_FEA: designed by TNO DIANA BV in the Netherlands, linear and non-linear analysis of engineering structures such as dams, bridges, tunnels and underground structures, oil and gas installations.
- Diffpack Software for finite element analysis and partial differential equations
- Extreme Loading for Structures: Software made by Applied Science International for non-linear dynamic structural analysis, progressive collapse, blast, seismic, impact and other loading.
- FEDEM: FEDEM is a simulation software for mechanical multibody systems
- FEFLOW: simulates groundwater flow, mass transfer and heat transfer in porous media
- Femap, Siemens PLM Software: A pre and post processor for Windows
- FEMtools, Dynamic Design Solutions: A toolbox for static and dynamic simulation, verification, validation and updating of finite element models. Includes also modules for structural optimization and for obtaining experimental reference data.
- Flexcom, Finite element package used in the offshore oil and gas industry. Developed by MCS Kenny.
- HydroGeoSphere: A 3D control-volume finite element hydrologic model, simulating surface and subsurface water flow and solute and thermal energy transport
- HyperSizer, design software specializing in composite materials; integrates with other software
- IMPETUS Afea Solver: An explicit general purpose simulation software from IMPETUS Afea
- JMAG, Japanese software
- LS-DYNA, LSTC - Livermore Software Technology Corporation
- LUSAS: UK Software
- MADYMO: TASS - TNO Automotive Safety Solutions
- MSC Marc: Advanced, nonlinear FEA solver from MSC Software
- MultiMech: Multiscale Structural Finite Element Analysis
- Nastran: USA software, from MSC Software
- NEi Fusion, NEi Software: 3D CAD modeler + Nastran FEA
- NEi Nastran, NEi Software: General purpose Finite Element Analysis
- NEi Works: Embedded Nastran for SolidWorks users
- Pam-Crash: Used for crash simulation and the design of occupant safety systems, primarily in the automotive industry
- PZFlex: USA software for wave propagation and piezoelectric devices
- Quickfield : Physics simulating software
- Radioss: A linear and nonlinear solver owned by Altair Engineering
- RAM Elements: Bentley software available mainly for the use of analysis of structural systems for civil engineers
- Range Software: Multiphysics simulation software
- RFEM: BIM software for structural analysis and design according to various international standards and eurocodes
- S-FRAME: Software for civil and structural engineers
- SAMCEF: CAE package developed by the Belgian company
- SAP2000: USA software
- SESAM: Norwegian software, developed by Det Norske Veritas (DNV) for the offshore and maritime industries.
- Sherlock Automated Design Analysis: Software is a Physics of Failure-based tool for analyzing, grading and certifying the expected reliability of products at the circuit card assembly level, Developed by DfR Solutions. Sherlock interfaces with other FEA tools such as Abaqus and Ansys software
- STRAND7: Developed in Sydney Australia by Strand7 Pty. Ltd. Marketed as Straus7 in Italy.
- StressCheck developed by ESRD, Inc (USA) emphasizing solution accuracy by utilizing high order elements
- Vflo: Physics-based distributed hydrologic modeling software, developed by Vieux & Associates, Inc.
- VisualFEA, Korean software for structural and geotechnical analysis
- Jeffrey M. McMahon, Anne-Isabelle Henry, Kristin L. Wustholz, Michael J. Natan, R. Griffith Freeman, Richard P. Van Duyne, George C. Schatz. "Gold nanoparticle dimer plasmonics: finite element method calculations of the electromagnetic enhancement to surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy". Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 394(7), 1819-1825 (2009).
- Jeffrey M. McMahon. Topics in Theoretical and Computational Nanoscience. Springer: New York, N.Y. (2011). ISBN 978-1-4419-8249-0.
- Marthinsen, Arne. "Parallelization of the Multibody Simulation Package FEDEM on a Cray T3E". Cyber Security and Information Systems Information Analysis Center (CSIAC). Cyber Security and Information Systems Information Analysis Center (CSIAC). Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- Hilde Olaug Stakvik Eide; Emil Arne Melby (June 2013). "Blast Loaded Aluminium Plates" (PDF). Norwegian University of Science and Technology. Norwegian University of Science and Technology. Retrieved 28 December 2014.